Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you do it again?

Would you do it again?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you do it again?

• Yes
    • No

Ok second post to this thread - now 10 weeks out - down 25 lbs since surgery...I know it isn't as much as a lot of people lose within the first 10 weeks, but it's mine, I earned it, and it makes me happy!!! I had actually lost 12 lbs before my surgery doing Weight Watchers, so as a total, I've lost 37 lbs since the beginning of the year. I've also noticed each time that I get a fill (I've had 2 now, with slight restriction), I seem to start losing again. I don't think that I've found my "sweet spot" just yet, but I can feel it coming soon. I have a feeling I'll really start losing more then. Then I gotta get my butt moving and start exercising more...that's my downfall. I HATE to exercise. I wish I had a pool close by...

Anyway, I'd do it over and over and over again!!!

Me TOO IN A HEARTBEAT. I never want to be without it. I'm a slow loser.:nervous Im 2yrs out and have lost 50ish. But even if that was it thank you God. It has given me my life back. My horse doesn't groan when I get on her any more.:clap2: And I can keep up with my kids ( I have eight of them and now two grandson) So I'm now always on the go.

Thank you thank you thank you Band invetors.:whoo:

Amy:kiss

What do the terms PB, slime and golf ball mean? Those who are self-pay, are you among the "would absolutely do it again" responders? Is $15K about average for the procedure? My insurance has exclusions.

Thanks

I'm a self-pay and it was worth every nickel and dime I paid....and THEN SOME!!! I have ZERO regrets...and I mean ZERO...and I would do it again 10 times over. I am still new, but I am 30 pounds down...to a place I haven't seen in 17 years. There is NO substitute for that feeling. I paid $12,900 in Houston. PB is a "productive burp" (who the hell thought of that term?) which is like a barf without the stomach contractions. When I have PB'd, I just lean over and whatever is stuck in therre kindof rolls out (I know...TMI). You PB when you eat too fast, don't chew enough, and the food gets "stuck". You will KNOW it when it happens! Sliming is the excess salivation that happens when you start producing saliva (and mucus) to digest the food....that's stuck. Instead of it being produced in your tummy, it winds up in your throat, and you generally have to spit it out. It's part of the deal and for me anyway, it's not that big a deal when it happens, but you sure don't ever want to make a habit of it. Bad for your band, and not fun.

I'm a self-pay and it was worth every nickel and dime I paid....and THEN SOME!!! I have ZERO regrets...and I mean ZERO...and I would do it again 10 times over.

:)

<p>I have said I wouldn't, but when I really look at myself I would in a heartbeat! I don't mean to brag, but I really look good!</p> <p> </p> <p>Be blessed!</p>

I absolutely would do it again, in a heartbeat. Only I would have done it 10 years earlier had I have known how amazing the results would be. However, I would have done it differently. I was not prepared with the emotional side of it all. I am still not totally at peace with that side of it, but I am getting there. I would have made visits with a psychologist for sure had I realized how tough the emotional part of it was going to be. I was not at all prepared for that.

Yes.

Banded in April of '06 and lost about 25 pounds initially, but then I did not start to drop the weight until Nov. of '06 when I reached my sweet spot. Since then it has been a steady loss of 4-5 lbs a month. I have lost a total of 66 pounds. I would like to drop another 50 pounds and feel that is possible by this time next year.

Heck yeah!!! I'm self pay and I only wish this had been around 10 years ago!!! I have not PB'd or slimed since getting it done. I think I could use another fill since I don't actually feel restriction when I eat. But, I'm still losing weight - sometimes daily the scales are going down. So for now I'll wait until I stop losing again before my next fill.

I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!

Thanks for your responses Wombat712 and all other self-pays who said you would do it again. I was excited that I could get scheduled in within 2 weeks as self-pay, but now I'm waiting to see if ins. will pay after the request goes thru a review process. The ins exclusion I had read was 5 years old. Apparently now they look at banding on a case-by-case basis. I would much prefer for ins. to pay, but wish I didn't have the unavoidable delay waiting for approval.

I am 5'7", 233 lbs, 48 years old, and haven't seen under 200 in about 7 or 8 years, despite diets and regular exercise. My metabolism is as slow as it can be for me to still be alive! lol

I'm afraid of the pre-diet, the all-liquids phase, and how restricted I will be for the rest of my life. Do you get to a point where you don't crave things that you have eaten all of your life?

Thanks for your support and advice! I want to get back the 'me' that I have lost.

I'm afraid of the pre-diet, the all-liquids phase, and how restricted I will be for the rest of my life. Do you get to a point where you don't crave things that you have eaten all of your life?

Thanks for your support and advice! I want to get back the 'me' that I have lost.

I didn't have a pre-op diet, other than the day before surgery I had to be on Clear liquids...even post-op, I was only on Clear Liquids the first day, full liquids until the 4th day, soft food for the next week, then solids after that...it was VERY manageable!

Denise i saw you had your lap band done by Dr. Alan Geiss. Did you like him? I'm researching for the best doc in LI, NY and I keep seeing his name.

I have been getting emails from Lapband because I've not posted for a very long time. But I don't feel like I would be an inspiration to anyone. I was banded 2 years ago and had one fill. I suspect that I should have another fill but am nervous because I do occasionally PB especially if upset or rushed. I have not followed the rules (tiny amounts, no drinking fluids with meals, etc.). BUT... and this is big to me... I do eat less and much slower and for the first time in my adult life my weight is stable: ie. I am not, as in the past, either desperately dieting OR gaining, though I could be gaining if I went crazy on sweets. So as a tool the lapband has been helpful, yes.