Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you do it again?

Would you do it again?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you do it again?

• Yes
    • No

I had initial complications and needed to have a second surgery to repostion port , but even after that experience i would do it again .Without the band i would definately regain the weight , i have been yoyo dieting for 16 years.

I would walk to Mexico to have it again. For the first time in twenty years I am not going up in weight.

Dow Moses

:bump: Bumpin' on up!

I voted yes, but there are days I wish I hadn't done it. Some of those reasons are in other peoples posts...such as worrying about eating in front of people and the constant fear of getting "stuck." Things like cheesecake slip right through but lettuce OMG let's not even go there!

The thing that plays with my head the most is Water... When I was doing all my research it was made clear - do not drink with meals it will wash the food straight through...YEAH RIGHT. If I eat something that is going to sit in there for a while not even Water will go down. I can be SOOOO THIRSTY and not able to get water down.

That's my gripe LOL

Yep, sure would and that's with more than a few complications.

I've still lost 88 lbs, keeping it off and still loosing (after 18 months).

:bump: Bumpin' on up!

Granted I am only 17 days post op, 24.5 lbs down and doing great. I don't know if my answer would change if I had complications, but for now,

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

ive had band since december 15th 2007 lost 35lb ..so im happy about that but.... i hate feeling of food sticking and worry alot about the future with the band ..its in and im hoping i do lose the weight ...funnily i dont really doubt that it will work ...but i wish i hadnt convinced myself there was no other way ,

i do think it should be made clear that it should never be first choice of weight loss ...more a "ive tried everything else"and CAN SEE NO LIGHT AT END OF TUNNEL then it the only choice!!

God i sound like right whinger :) i think the band can be the best thing in the world but ive found my emotions turned upside down and more days that not i feel sorry for myself that i couldnt do it without surgery .

so really what my answer should have been is if all things were the same then yes i would do it again ...but if i could have found some inner strength to beat my demons then i wish i could have said no i dont need it .

please dont let me put anyone off ...just hopefully think it through carefully then if still yes then i wish you luck as i hope you do me:tired .

Yes Yes Yes :biggrin1:

even though i sometimes wounder if the gastic band would have been better.

Hugs :(

LANA :-)

I'm confused. What is the difference between lap band and gastric band?

In order to have this done I had to make a life-changing decision. I did not take this decision lightly. I did this for my health and for that reason I would immediately say "hell yeah!".

I'm confused. What is the difference between lap band and gastric band?

There is no difference, lap-band IS the gastric band. I'm thinking the poster meant to say "gastric bypass."

Anyway, I voted YES even though I'm staring down a second surgery for slippage almost 4 years out. For a person who's been obese all her life, and morbidly obese for most of the last 20 years, the band has been a completely new lease on life. It's the only thing that's ever worked for me, and I hope I don't lose it on Monday.