Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you feel 1 week out after Gastric Plication Weight Loss Surgery?

I'm having the sleeve on sept 24. I had already scheduled my family coming up to visit (4 hours away) for my birthday and housewarming gathering months before I got my surgery date. They are planning in being in town for the weekend if sept 27th. At 3 days post-op, were you in any pain? I've already warned them I may be moody, but now I'm concerned I will be hurting too.

It took me about 2 weeks to feel better. I was really tired all the.time.though and then my cuts were sore for like 4 weeks.

Hi i had the plication and was absol fine after day two. i returned to work the very next week. also had family visit and travelled back form praque day 3. Good luck :)

not sure how to do this. having surgery self pay on oct. 23. 50 # overweight and on 3 bp medications and high cholestoral. scared to talk to family and friends since they will think its uneccesary. I have great guilt spending this money for the surgery. I am 64, scared and afraid this is my last chance to do this

not sure how to do this. having surgery self pay on oct. 23. 50 # overweight and on 3 bp medications and high cholestoral. scared to talk to family and friends since they will think its uneccesary. I have great guilt spending this money for the surgery. I am 64' date=' scared and afraid this is my last chance to do this[/quote']

You only live once! Make

The best of the rest of your life and do something for yourself! Best decision I ever made!

not sure how to do this. having surgery self pay on oct. 23. 50 # overweight and on 3 bp medications and high cholestoral. scared to talk to family and friends since they will think its uneccesary. I have great guilt spending this money for the surgery. I am 64, scared and afraid this is my last chance to do this

That could be me writing that, pattierie... all the facts align with mine. I had my surgery on Monday (June 30) and recovery has been different than what I had anticipated. My energy levels change dozens of time a day. I'm just trying to roll with it and setting baby goals for myself. I'm curious to know how this has all worked out of you in the last 10 months. I hope there's a happy ending -- or at least a happy middle -- to the story.

Your going to be fine. It will help with your health issues. I need to lose 50 as well. It's keeping it off that's the hardest thing to do that's why we need this!

I had plication surgery with Dr. Waldrep and was walking two miles on day 4 of recovery. Never needed any pain meds.

I went back to work after a week and a half, I have a physical job so I was on light duty. I was a little sore, but otherwise okay.

Edited by AllThatGlittersIsntGold

I am at one week out right now. Feel great. Haven't taken any pain meds since leaving the hospital. Was out walking 2-3 miles at a clip the day after being released from the hospital. Of course I am not lifting anything heavy. Incisions are slightly sore. Doing chores, cooking for husband (and not wanting to eat it all). Took maybe a 20 min nap yesterday after getting up at my normal time of 6am or so. Taking in some "sloppy" forms of Protein and tolerating them well.Just pace yourself and don't do anything crazy like having a toddler bounce on your tummy or letting your dog jump up on your lap.

I would love to know how you gastric plication patients are doing. I am planning surgery but Im looking for a bit of encouragement and seeing peoples results will help me decide.

Now five weeks out and feeling good. Weight is coming off slowly which is what I had expected. No almost instant big losses with plication more like that turtle plodding along. That is fine by me. Wonderful not to feel so hungry and want to nibble.Weigh myself once a week and see about a 2pound loss each week..Eating small quantities of "normal" foods now though some things don't appeal so I will try them later. Following all the directions..protein first..then little bits of veggies and fruits and carbs last. For me this surgery has been a good choice.

Now five weeks out and feeling good. Weight is coming off slowly which is what I had expected. No almost instant big losses with plication more like that turtle plodding along. That is fine by me. Wonderful not to feel so hungry and want to nibble.Weigh myself once a week and see about a 2pound loss each week..Eating small quantities of "normal" foods now though some things don't appeal so I will try them later. Following all the directions..protein first..then little bits of veggies and fruits and carbs last. For me this surgery has been a good choice.

I'm 4 months out and down 50 pounds from 240. I feel great. I am very happy with my surgery. I have had zero complications and would encourage anyone thinking of getting gastric plication to do it.

meve3641 glad you are doing so well. Shame plication is not more popular here. I am from Europe where it is far more often recommended than here and there seem to be far more positive results reported than here.

Making my appointment first week in September to talk to a doctor in Spain about the plication. I set a date last year and backed out. Feel ready for it now. I'm the same weight as I was last summer. Exactly what I didn't want. Thought I could lose weight on my own but the motivation and will power just isn't there. I need help and think this option could be the best one for me. Would love to know how others are getting on. Has it been worth it for you all?