Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! My surgery was 8-26-13. How are you doing? I seem to feel yucky if I am not eating or drinking every hour. I have a slight headache, too. I think about food all the time where as before I never thought about it except 3x a day. Water tastes bad, too.

I had surgery August 6. Still on puree. Feeling good. I started back to work and Zumba classes this past week. I think the instructor this morning didn't recognize me! Weight loss & new hair cut/color must have really changed my appearance! So much face fat is gone now! I am down about 25#. Like most, getting Protein in is my biggest challenge!

I am doing good with mine. I rarely think about food which is new to me. I'm handling my liquids well and am getting around fairly good. I don't seem to have any complications so far.

Have you tried drinking half Water and half Gatorade? Or Water with Mio or Crystal Light? That helps me a lot. Also remember your broth and Jello count as water.

I had surg. aug 1st, down 17 lbs, just started "real" food..lol...had wendys chili today, Yummmmy, never tasted so good....

I had a band to bypass revision on 8/19. Doing pretty good - especially now that I am out of the liquid stage - I was so ready for something not sweet! I had a bit of a binge last night that I posted about, but I am back on track. Still sore and very tired, so I don't feel like doing much. My post op appt. is Tuesday. I am down 14 lb, so I am happy with that. Just still so so afraid this won't work for me and I will be fat forever. How many calories is everyone getting? My nut. Said 600-800 , but that seems kinda low to me.....I have been able to stick around 800-900 fairly well and get all my liquids and at least 55 grams of Protein. That is with still doing a Protein Shake for Breakfast though.....I really don't mind the Unjury brand I am using, and now I can purée fruit into it. When I make it with skim milk it is 29 grams of protein!

Hi everyone it's Linda. I had the Gastric Bypass on August 9, 2013. At start it was hard for me because I was having severe pain in my left side by one of my incision. I told the nurse in the hospital and my Dr. who I only saw 2 time right before surgery and the next day to pull the drainage tube out. I was told that the incision was from the largest instrument being used in that place. Well hours shortly I felt that I needed to walk and get the gas off only to find out that I needed help up and to walk. I was like what the heck. Am I suppose to be feeling this way. Well I stayed in the hospital for 3 day and release. I could not sleep in my bed because it was too soft. I have gel mattress. I had to sleep in my husband recliner. Still needed help to get up and walk. The pain meds would only put me to sleep. When I woke up I was still feeling that horrible pain only when I move. I was released from the hospital on the 12 of August. On the night of August 16 I was in so much pain I could not take it. I went to the hospital where they admitted me. I was dehydrated and had a lil inflammation behind that incision that was bothering me, I had a CT scan done I got iv fluids and antibiotics as well as pain med which was marphin and was not helping at all. The ER Dr. alti the pain meds with Terdal which help me really well. The pain was gone as long as I got the Terdal. When my pain got to a 3 they released me on the 21 of August. The ER Dr. attempted to make contact with my surgeon who failed to call him back was a nightmare. I called my dr. myself at 9:30 am who returned by call at 10:00 pm on the 18. I gave him the information and he failed to call the ER dr. I went home having pain again 6 hours later. I went to see my PCP on the next day as she was not please that I was going through this as my surgeon was not responding. She ran test in here office only to find out that my bowls was backed up. She gave me 2 medication to help with the release. Well it to a week to release them. When I did I was in bad pain from the punching but once it was over I felt much better. Not sure if anyone of you are dealing with Constipation but It seems to be a big problem with me. Any suggestion would help.

I started this Journey back in February 2013 and I thought I was weighing 278 but it was 287lbs when I looked at my chart on my first dr. visit after surgery. My current weight is 232 lbs. I would like to get down to 250-260 lbs. I am losing pretty fast. Some times I get this urge that I am hungry. I am a wife and mother of 3 girls and I have to cook but I wear a face mask because the smell upsets my stomach. I always gets hungry at about 9pm why is that? Do anyone else experience this?

Today I start on full liquids. Yogurt, pudding, strained cream Soup, Protein shakes, etc.

Today I had cream of mushroom with roasted garlic Soup and it was fabulous! I could have ate the whole bowl! But I stuck to my 3 oz.

Now I have to work at getting in water!

Hi everyone, I had my surgery August 6th. I haven't had any pain, thankfully. My only issue has been with my incision opening. But it's finally healed. Almost had a dehydration scare, thought I was going to have to go to Er but I started really concentrating on my fluids and am more aware of having to make sure I get enough. I started on soft regular foods on Tuesday and have only had one instance where I over ate and ended up throwing up. Last night I got a chicken pot pie from KFC and ate too much and there was no way it was staying down. I only ate about 4 bites and no crust but about half of that came up. I've learned. I was 326 at my discharge from the hospital and am 306 today. I don't see anything but everyone says u can see it in my face, boo, I don't want to lose it there. It is really strange not bing hungry all the time. My head still wants everything but my stomach says no no no. I haven't had anything so far that has made me sick, other than over eating, I did try some ice cream from my daughters birthday, it stayed down and was easy on my stomach but I had diahrrea about two hours later. Other than that i am scared to try anything with sugar. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi! My surgery was 8-26-13. How are you doing? I seem to feel yucky if I am not eating or drinking every hour. I have a slight headache' date=' too. I think about food all the time where as before I never thought about it except 3x a day. Water tastes bad, too.[/quote']

I also had surgery th 26 an so far I seem to feel ok in the am but by evening I still hurt the food thing is the same for me I explain it to people like I know I'm not hungry but my brain is screaming I need food only 8 more days till I take a bite lol

My surgery was Aug 26. Started full liquids when I got out of the hospital on the 28th. Getting my Protein and fluids is a full time job.

I'm still taking lortab elixir a few times a day but feeling fairly well. I can have yogurt, which actually felt pretty soothing to my stomach. One more week of full liquids, then to purée.

Hey everyone I had my surgery on August 6 on fhay day I weighed 302lbs when I started my journey in August of 2012 I weighed 332lbs as of today (I'm almost 4weeks out...) I weigh 283 I'm dissappointed because on my 2 weeks post op I weighed 286lbs that's only 3 lbs loss in almost 2 weeks!!!! I really need motivation I need to start exercising and getting my Protein in! I don't think I'm getting enough that's why I'm at a stall... That's only 19lbs loss in 1 month. So total loss so far of 49lbs..... But only 19lbs of that was post op... I'm dissappointed because I feel like I could do better than that... I was hoping for a loss of 30lbs this first month... But I can live with 19lbs what I'm really dissappointed of is the 3 lbs loss in 12days was hoping I'd lose more.... How do you get all your protein in!!

Hi. My name is Sydney & I had laparoscopic gastric bypass on August 28th. This is my first time on this forum.

We had the same date

Mz Shay

Hi. My name is Sydney & I had laparoscopic gastric bypass on August 28th. This is my first time on this forum.

Aug 28th here also! Welcome to our thread!