Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I couldn't stomach the Isopure drinks. I bought one of each & couldn't keep down one. I'm also having a hard time drinking/eating crushed pill mixtures. My stomach hurts so bad on the upper left side I'm terrified of throwing up.

Today is the first day I have woken up not feeling like I got hit by a truck. Thank you, God!

Today is the first day I have woken up not feeling like I got hit by a truck. Thank you' date=' God![/quote']

Can't wait til that day come for me lol

Mz Shay

Have you tried the clear Isopure drink? The Apple Melon and Alpine Punch are good. Each bottle is 40g of Protein. I drink half a bottle earlier in the day then the other half in the evening. They also sell the powder to mix with Water. At GNC they are about 5 a bottle.

I haven't tried that. I did get some natural flavor Protein to add to broth, popsicles etc but I haven't tried it yet.

I fully admit that I'm not very motivated for this kind of protein. I know its important for healing, maintaining muscle & reducing hair loss, but I'm so excited for tomorrow when I can start food.

How long for all of you between starting soft food til you could do something like chicken or fish?

Does anyone else still feel nauseated & dizzy? I'm 6 days out & this isn't subsiding at all.

I'm 5day I haven't been nauseated since hospital well I have enough issues anyway hope you feel better

Mz Shay

Does anyone else still feel nauseated & dizzy? I'm 6 days out & this isn't subsiding at all.

Are you perhaps dehydrated? I was only nauseated immediately after surgery, and dizzy only from the pain meds. However, both of those are symptoms of dehydration. How are you doing on your Fluid intake?

I'm getting my liquids in (still having a hard time stomaching protein). I still haven't experienced the "full" feeling of the pouch. After I drink the allowed number of fluids I'm still very thirsty & hungry...despite feeling sick.

At time of surgery i wore a size 28 loosely. Today i took out my old pants from like 3 years ago and tried them on. They fit! Size 22s! It's only been 4 weeks and I am over the moon!

I think we had our surgeries on the same day, August 5th. How many lbs have you lost? Congratulations on your weight loss. :) I'm down 33 lbs so far.

Hey all! My surgery was 8/30 and I am home now. I am experiencing the nausea and dizziness but I know I am not getting enough fluids yet. I just can't get enough down yet. My doctors instructions were not to be too overly worried as long as I was getting at least a couple ozs of hydration every hour I was awake and I was still peeing. Definitely doing both. I have never been so excited about passing gas in my life! I feel like a 6year old giggling over it. But I have been passing gas and having bowel movements so I am pretty happy so far. My doc did a hiatal hernia repair at the same time as my bypass and that seems to be causing me the most pain. He had to put in a large patch. I haven't made it back out to walk since we got in yesterday, but that is where I am headed next. :)

Hey all! My surgery was 8/30 and I am home now. I am experiencing the nausea and dizziness but I know I am not getting enough fluids yet. I just can't get enough down yet. My doctors instructions were not to be too overly worried as long as I was getting at least a couple ozs of hydration every hour I was awake and I was still peeing. Definitely doing both. I have never been so excited about passing gas in my life! I feel like a 6year old giggling over it. But I have been passing gas and having bowel movements so I am pretty happy so far. My doc did a hiatal hernia repair at the same time as my bypass and that seems to be causing me the most pain. He had to put in a large patch. I haven't made it back out to walk since we got in yesterday' date=' but that is where I am headed next. :)[/quote']

Hi! I had my surgery on the 28th & also had a hiatal hernia repair. That's amazing that you are out walking already....I can only manage around the house so far.

I think we had our surgeries on the same day' date=' August 5th. How many lbs have you lost? Congratulations on your weight loss. :) I'm down 33 lbs so far.[/quote']

Since surgery, 24. Since I started this process, 39

Hey everyone I had my surgery on August 6 on fhay day I weighed 302lbs when I started my journey in August of 2012 I weighed 332lbs as of today (I'm almost 4weeks out...) I weigh 283 I'm dissappointed because on my 2 weeks post op I weighed 286lbs that's only 3 lbs loss in almost 2 weeks!!!! I really need motivation I need to start exercising and getting my Protein in! I don't think I'm getting enough that's why I'm at a stall... That's only 19lbs loss in 1 month. So total loss so far of 49lbs..... But only 19lbs of that was post op... I'm dissappointed because I feel like I could do better than that... I was hoping for a loss of 30lbs this first month... But I can live with 19lbs what I'm really dissappointed of is the 3 lbs loss in 12days was hoping I'd lose more.... How do you get all your Protein in!!

Don't worry about slow weeks and stalls early on. Your body is still adjusting. I had my surgery last August and during the first few months had stalls that lasted three weeks. I still dumped 100 pounds in 4 months. Some of us fluctuate between losing nothing and then sudden dropping eight or more pounds in a week.

Keep on the plan and you'll do fine. Aside from Protein shakes, I drank, and still drink, sugar-free hot chocolate made with skim milk. I add low fat whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon. It helps with protein and Water totals, plus you get a huge mental boost from having something that feels so damn decadent. It's my favorite indulgence.

Don't worry about slow weeks and stalls early on. Your body is still adjusting. I had my surgery last August and during the first few months had stalls that lasted three weeks. I still dumped 100 pounds in 4 months. Some of us fluctuate between losing nothing and then sudden dropping eight or more pounds in a week.

Keep on the plan and you'll do fine. Aside from Protein shakes' date=' I drank, and still drink, sugar-free hot chocolate made with skim milk. I add low fat whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon. It helps with Protein and Water totals, plus you get a huge mental boost from having something that feels so damn decadent. It's my favorite indulgence.[/quote']

Thanks you so much! How much weight have you lost in your 1st year post op? I've lost another 3 lbs since I post this... Not alt but progress. Thanks for the tip. I definitely need to get ontop of my protein tho. Dr wants me to get at least 100g of protein .