Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgeries!?!?!?

If anyone is on cymbalta... what are your drs telling you to do about takjng it after surgery? ??

sorry about the comment..my computer showed that the message I sent originally was crossed through the whole message. I am hoping that the inkblots are just a part of my eval. I am a counselor/psychologist by trade so it will be an interesting visit. I have completed all the labs and have passed most of them. The vit D is very low (the sun must not like me-and now I know why so tired and sad) and the diabetic level was a bit higher than normal (which will be lower and hopefully gone soon!). I am going to be going to a meeting tonight and see how that goes. I really like this forum and the stories we share. I am hoping to get a December surgery as insurance rates go up and the beginning of my deductibles starts again!! Yeah for all the steps

I did not know that low levels of Vitamin D made you tired. Hmm.... That was the only deficiency I had. The doctor put me on 50,000 mg for 8 weeks. (currently on week two)

Does anyone use MyFittnespal.com? I have been using it for 4 days now. It's a ton easier than I thought it would be. Amazing to see all the nutritional info at the end of the day. Really puts things into perspective.

-Infinity

I did not know that low levels of Vitamin D made you tired. Hmm.... That was the only deficiency I had. The doctor put me on 50' date='000 mg for 8 weeks. (currently on week two)

Does anyone use MyFittnespal.com? I have been using it for 4 days now. It's a ton easier than I thought it would be. Amazing to see all the nutritional info at the end of the day. Really puts things into perspective.

-Infinity[/quote']

My Vitiman D was also low. Had no idea what it really did however I have been taking then daily now and it REALLY does make a difference. I went almost a week without it ( just forgetting bc im not used to taking anything daily) and I literally went to bed after putting my toddler to sleep at 7:30/8 every night I was SO exhausted. So I have not read up on what this vitamin actually does for you(thats sad I dont know already) but for me.. it does make me feel more rested and im not passing out by 7:30!

I have UHC so I am hoping they are fast!

My UHC took 2 days.

I am on several meds also though not cymbalta! I am hoping other than my Paxil that I will not have I take a lot of my meds after this surgery. I can hardly wait!

Yea for u! I have to finish all of my stuff I guess first! I am shooting for closer to Christmas so I don't have to miss much work!

A vit D deficiency can be very serious. There are several negative effects of having low levels (especially over a long period of time) that are irreversible. Definitely look into it and talk to your nut about it. Don't forget that you must take bariatric Vitamins for the rest of your life. I have a severe Vit D deficiency that is being treated with high dose supplements for at least 6 months. I stopped taking my vitamins over a year ago and I quickly became deficient. I'm post op 9 years but I'm now having a revision due to weight gain and some other issues.

I'm a December RNY too! I just have to shed 10 lbs. All my appointments are done except the 2nd half of the psych eval and meeting with the surgeon. My appointment for that is in November. How is everyone doing with pre-op weight loss? That's the hardest part for me. I "only" have to lose 14lbs. 2.5 months in and I'm only down 3 :/

I need to shed the 5% also that is required for my PEBB and then insurance. PEBB is a program for state workers in WA and it is one more thing to have to go through first before the insurance. I have lost 14 lbs and still have about 2 more pounds to lose. I need to try to do this by Monday so that I am submitted to insurance for final. I see the psych dr on this day too. I have been hearing horror stories as I attended my first support meeting in person. It was informational but at times it got to be personal issues. I was feeling bad for the few men there, but again informational and the first meeting. I had to really look at my calorie intake and increase my exercise. I bought a treadmill online and have been walking at least 3 times a week. I need to do more. They say to change up the exercise so I am on my way to researching gyms this weekend. I need cardio classes, makes me feel good but I need to research how many "fluffy" people are in them... any ways good luck it will happen

Any december surgies out there???

My surgery day is not set, but I'm planning on December. Just finished my let monitored dietician appointments. Submitted my papers today to the insurance company, so we will see what Monday brings.

I do not have a set date for December but I should be finished with all if my criteria by nov ! I am hoping for a late December date because of my job!

I'm having mines December 20th....yeahhhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Thats great its a birthday and Christmas gift for me....im so ready for December 17th.