Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgeries!?!?!?

I am doing ok. I have started drinking tea instead of my diet dr. peppers so that is one thing I am doing to prepare. Other than that and trying to get in some exercise' date=' I guess nothing yet. I will definitely put up my Christmas tree and all of my decorations after Thanksgiving as well as getting as much shopping done as possible. How about yourself?[/quote']

Sounds awesome! I have tried lots of different shakes. I know what I think tastes good may change after surgery but at least ill be somewhat prepared. I have swicthed to diet soda for months now and my next step is getting rid of them all together! I have also changed what I eat however not completely stopped eating those items...which I really need to do. But I make smarter choices and I FEEL a difference which I love!

I have decided to change one behavior a week. It feels easier to remember and accomplish.

October 1st: I gave up all soda. Replaced them with Poweraid Zero. I find that I like it better if I cut it in half with Water and add two teaspoons of Splenda.

October 7th: I started having a Protein shake for Breakfast and no snacking till lunch.

October 14th (today): I started logging everything I eat on MyFittnespal.com I have also started wearing my Fitbit Flex (think fitness tracker on steroids). It's going to be interesting to see what my weeks looks like on "Paper!"

So, any ideas on what my next few week changes should be?

-Infinity

What Protein Shakes is everyone using? I've read that usure I think that's it is really good but you can only buy online! Any suggestions?

Where do you buy it? Do you add anything to it to add flavor!

Where do you buy it? Do you add anything to it to add flavor!

Premier is good, tastes like muscle milk but its less expensive and has more Protein. The vanilla is like cake batter. I just sampled a whole bunch at my support group, the only other one I likes was Isopure. Its good if you get sick of the thick milky shakes. Its more like juice. I tried grape. It has 40g of Protein but its like 5 bucks a bottle. But hey if you are not eating food and it gets you through for 2 weeks then I'd say its worthwhile.

Premier is good' date=' tastes like muscle milk but its less expensive and has more Protein. The vanilla is like cake batter. I just sampled a whole bunch at my support group, the only other one I likes was Isopure. Its good if you get sick of the thick milky shakes. Its more like juice. I tried grape. It has 40g of Protein but its like 5 bucks a bottle. But hey if you are not eating food and it gets you through for 2 weeks then I'd say its worthwhile.[/quote']

I love muscle milk bc I can buy it at the gas station on the run if I dont have anything. It tatse good however the after taste kills me. I love premier bc I dont have the after taste. Im hooing after surgery I can still drink muscle milk...just worried if the after taste will be even worse lol

I am from Texas and I have never heard of muscle milk???? What is it like milk you buy? Lol

I might look and see if we have it in any of our stores! I know that we have different nutritional stores for me to go to so I need to make that trip! I am diabetic so does these Protein Drinks have a lot of sugar since we are suppose to watch our sugar I take?

Anyone want to share their stats? (Some already have) I'm interested in getting to know my fellow December-ers (made that word up! Lol)

I am 30 yr old Female from the Northeast, 5'2", Highest weight 248. Started this journey at 237, current weight 234, goal weight 130. Struggling for 15 years.

I might look and see if we have it in any of our stores! I know that we have different nutritional stores for me to go to so I need to make that trip! I am diabetic so does these Protein drinks have a lot of sugar since we are suppose to watch our sugar I take?

Premier is my favorite I thini muscle milk has a terrible after taste. You can buy premier online too!! I cant remember the sugar but its less than what your supoose to have.

Anyone want to share their stats? (Some already have) I'm interested in getting to know my fellow December-ers (made that word up! Lol)

I am 30 yr old Female from the Northeast' date=' 5'2", Highest weight 248. Started this journey at 237, current weight 234, goal weight 130. Struggling for 15 years.[/quote']

Not sure if I have or not? I talk a lot so im sure I have ! But im 27 Start of the journey was 305. Currently 298 and goal is 140. Oh and im 5'2!

I am 46 yrs old I am 5'6 cw 283 goal 125-130 !