Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgeries!?!?!?

I love that our group is growing and we are able to go through this journey together! Hope everyone keeps us updated! Only 2 months away guys!! :) Figured Id start a new topic... what about the people around you ? Friends, Family , Spouse ? Kids ? What is their opinion or reaction on your decision ?

We are thinking too much alike because I was thinking about the conversation I had with my husband! He says he wants me to do it for my health conditions but pulls up statistics on the divorce rate after surgery! He is convinced that I may leave??? I think he is just feeling insecure! But it upsets me also. My mom will have it done after myself and my daughter and sister are excited for us!

I am being random AGAIN but I am having my psych eval the same day as egd! Imagine the conversation I am going to be having! Lol.

We are thinking too much alike because I was thinking about the conversation I had with my husband! He says he wants me to do it for my health conditions but pulls up statistics on the divorce rate after surgery! He is convinced that I may leave??? I think he is just feeling insecure! But it upsets me also. My mom will have it done after myself and my daughter and sister are excited for us!

I guess the good thing about the divorce statistics is how would you know they wouldn't have gotten divroced anyway! Lol. My husband olans on having the surgery as well. However he eats what I cook or is in the house. So...im kinda thinking with my eating habits changing his will as well and he will first lose weight on his own before surgery and then he can decided if he still wants it. Now if he was not supportive and interested in helping himself as well id be concerned about our relationship but he is 100% supportive and knows we both are making these changes for a better life for us and our baby :) My mom is ok with the lapbadn but thats the gastric is extreme and is terrified. My step dad asks a lot of questions I think my mom wants to but cant so I feel that is helping her. I have asked her to read the reviews on both and she would change her mind. My brother who is my best friend ...as much as I love him he asked me a few days ago " didnt you have that surgery last month ?" So yeah..he is supportive however not quite keeping up! Some friends have been great whike others respond " have u tried dieting? " no. .sure havent..your a genius! Lol. So im mixed with support and some who dont but for the most part I am happy with the reactions!

My husband needs to either lose the weight or have this surgery but he is not wanting surgery and I don't think he likes the eating changes either. My friend seems supportive but I think there may be a little jealousy there also so it's kinda hard to talk to her! I kinda feel like I really don't have support so that is why I am on here with all of you. No one will understand it unless they are having it! That's why I was looking for a buddy so that they would get it!! ????

Things are moving. My psychology apt was pushed back till the 17 of oct. I'm not concerned. He already verbally okay it. Howver got my gi swallow done.. pcp done.. and my pulmonary. . All a go!!!

Just noticed today was your psch eval! Yay for marking something off the list!!

I love that our group is growing and we are able to go through this journey together! Hope everyone keeps us updated! Only 2 months away guys!! :) Figured Id start a new topic... what about the people around you ? Friends' date=' Family , Spouse ? Kids ? What is their opinion or reaction on your decision ?[/quote']

I decided to keep my journey private. I am not sharing this with anyone. Sounds scary to go it alone but I know that while I will have some who are supportive I will also have family members who will have nothing nice to say. I am doing this for me. No one else. Its the hardest thing I've ever had to do. As far as fielding questions, I have already told people I am seeing a nutritionist and I am taking steps towards a healthier lifestyle. I told them I have cut out alcohol, energy drinks and I consume 2 shakes and 1 healthy meal a day to help me lose. All of which is true.

Yea for marking off the list ! I should be done nov 6 after I finish my one nutrional class! Has everyone been approved by insurance? If so how long did it take?

Yea for marking off the list ! I should be done nov 6 after I finish my one nutrional class! Has everyone been approved by insurance? If so how long did it take?

Did u mean to comment above ? I see ur bame but thebcomment secrion was blank. And I have not been "approved" I have to complete my 6 month diet which will be done on 11/25. I also have a sleep study I will do sometime in november

Sorry I am looking at replies from both my mail and the app for the forum on my phone ! I guess when my nut class is finished they will send it in to insurance ?

My approval only took one week.

I have UHC so I am hoping they are fast!

We are in the same boat for sure. The psych eval was hilarious. They showed me ink blots, they all looked like bats to me hahaha

sorry about the comment..my computer showed that the message I sent originally was crossed through the whole message. I am hoping that the inkblots are just a part of my eval. I am a counselor/psychologist by trade so it will be an interesting visit. I have completed all the labs and have passed most of them. The vit D is very low (the sun must not like me-and now I know why so tired and sad) and the diabetic level was a bit higher than normal (which will be lower and hopefully gone soon!). I am going to be going to a meeting tonight and see how that goes. I really like this forum and the stories we share. I am hoping to get a December surgery as insurance rates go up and the beginning of my deductibles starts again!! Yeah for all the steps

Anyone want to share their stats? (Some already have) I'm interested in getting to know my fellow December-ers (made that word up! Lol)

I am 30 yr old Female from the Northeast, 5'2", Highest weight 248. Started this journey at 237, current weight 234, goal weight 130. Struggling for 15 years.

I am 47 year old female in the Northwest . 5'4" (thought I was 5'6" for a long time). Started this journey as high as 320. I am currently 242. Goal weight is 160-150. I have been struggling since I was 10....Thanks for sharing