Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Sacramento?

Good Wednesday Afternoon, all Sacto Banders!

Just wanted to bump this thread as a reminder for the Support Group on THIS saturday, all info above. We bandsters have quite a crew there!

Hope just4kics, daisysband, scoobydoo and gbunny, serenitystar07, smilin_apple and momcof3 can make it! If you any questions, please message me through my user name here.

Have a good day, with plenty of Water to

beat off the heat!:)

Hi all!!!

I just just got back from my UGI to see if there was an issue with the band (slipped, or something) sinc eI had been having this pressure and slight pain everytime I ate. Not to mention the continuous throwing up (at least 1 time a day). The results look good, no issues with the band itself. Dr.Alami said if I continue to have issues to come in to get a slight unfill. Any thoughts? I have had this issue off and on for the last 5 months; very little weight loss (if any), throwing up at least one meal a day, cannot eat anything more than greek yogurt for Breakfast (sometimes not even that), the easiest time of day to eat (literally) is after 8 pm.

I am trying to be really honest with myself about this band but I am sooooo afraid of getting Fluid out and being able to eat too much, but on the other hand I leave for a cruise in 1 week and I am afraid I will not enjoy myself because I might have to get up in the middle of our fancy dinner and make a run for the nearest restroom to throw up. Some people think I will be more relaxed there and should have a better opportunity to eat easier while on the cruise but I just don't know.

Please ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Hey smilin_apple - I would do 2 things. 1) I would go on a total liquid diet for 48 hours, mushies 48 hrs. and then progress back to normal food. When you've had problems like this your stomach is REALLY irritated and you usually need to let it heal. The other thing I would do is get a tinsy unfill to make life easier on you for a while. You can always put it back in. I've kept my band on the loose side of restriction because I run into times when it decides to tighten up for whatever reason. Yeah, sometimes I need to kick a little willpower into gear because I can eat more but I would rather do that then have problems. Quite frankly if you can find a spot on the little looser side that you can work with you actually get used to having control.

You do want to enjoy your cruise so make yourself comfortable.

One other thing, when we have had problems and it's hard to eat solid Protein we tend to take in more liquid/mushy calories than we realize. You might also want to journal for a week or so in order to see if you're actually taking in more than you think. You're probably ok but it's good to check. I'm battling the old liquid calories myself.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!!!!

Hey smilin_apple - I would do 2 things. 1) I would go on a total liquid diet for 48 hours, mushies 48 hrs. and then progress back to normal food. When you've had problems like this your stomach is REALLY irritated and you usually need to let it heal. The other thing I would do is get a tinsy unfill to make life easier on you for a while. You can always put it back in. I've kept my band on the loose side of restriction because I run into times when it decides to tighten up for whatever reason. Yeah, sometimes I need to kick a little willpower into gear because I can eat more but I would rather do that then have problems. Quite frankly if you can find a spot on the little looser side that you can work with you actually get used to having control.

You do want to enjoy your cruise so make yourself comfortable.

One other thing, when we have had problems and it's hard to eat solid Protein we tend to take in more liquid/mushy calories than we realize. You might also want to journal for a week or so in order to see if you're actually taking in more than you think. You're probably ok but it's good to check. I'm battling the old liquid calories myself.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!!!!

Ok I scheduled an appointment with my surgeon's assistant on Friday this week. In the am, do you think I should do .5 cc or 1 cc unfill? I am actually looking forward to not having the throwing up I was dealing with the last 5 months.

Starting tomorrow I am going to do liquids for 2 days. But at this stage I am going to eat yogurt too instead of just fluids. THis way I ensure I am getting a good amount of protein in and I will feel full longer than just having a shake.< /em>

Thanks for your advice and I willl do it!

If you're having trouble most of the day, I would probably do maybe 1 cc because you will be on a cruise. If you were going to be around here I would do the .5 cc first. You know how bad it's been so you're the best person to know. Ask Dr. Alami in an email before you go. Be real specific on how it has been. Remember if you get too much out you can always go back in after your trip for a refill.

Good Wednesday Sacto Banders!

Hi Vicki J., Daisy, and all, hope to see u there!

Just wanted to bump this thread about our next support meeting, THIS Saturday, May 23rd, 11:00 - 1:00 pm

Please feel welcome to join us, a great place to learn, meet some pretty cool people AND of course good support!

For all interested...the address is...

Point West Medical Offices

1650 Response Road

Sacramento, CA 95815

You can enter either of the front doors, and walk towards the center and back hallway, there is usually a sign for the room we are in!

(Meeting the 4th Saturday of each month)

I would love to be there if I could but I'm off to find Oregon Sunstones this weekend. I will, however, make an effort to show up soon. I will make sure to post it so that maybe I can meet some of you. I've gotten into some bad habits that I'm working on right now and could start working the program again. I'm journaling and weighing again but the group would help. Nothing major just laziness. Ho hum.

Hi there Vicki J. and all Sacto Bandsters!

Just wanted to bump this thread...June 27th, 4th Sat

@11:00 am, see Address/directions above! Hope to meet you there! Have a great day of healthy choices! :wink:

Roseyyyd1 - Sorry I lost your message chat box on yahoo when my page refreshed and since you were not in my contacts at the time I cannot send you another message...I didn't catch the part of how you cope with the eating and amount of food....message me when you can and I will respond and add you as a contact

Just wanted to bump this thread...

Next support meeting @ Sac Kaiser Point West...

July 25th (4th SAT of EA month) @ 11:00 - 1:00 PM!

Wow! Lots of Sac Bandsters! I went to orientation with Dr. Machado about 2 years ago but my insurance didn't cover her program since UC Davis has their own program. I went to the UC Davis program and met with some young dr. I don't recall his name, it's been a while. He basically told me there was no way I'd lose 100 lbs with the lap band and that there was no way he'd put a band in me. (I was a little peeved) In my opinion they are very very pro- rny at UCD. They also didn't seem to have that much experience with the band. I told the surgeon that I didn't want a surgeon who didn't believe I could be successful, and that I'd rather be overweight and continue to fight on my own than have rny (all true). He was a bit offended, but you know what, for the first time I didn't really care!

I've since changed insurance and revisited the idea of the lap band. I'm now going through the process at Kaiser Richmond and couldn't be happier! I love that I'm going through a center for excelence! And I love that I've met wonderful women who inspire me!

I went to Kaiser EG to see about that mysterous support meeting, and the woman at the Education center didn't really know much. It appears to be on Monday nights from 7-9. But I've got no confirmation on that!

Hi!!!

Just wanted to *bump* this old thread.

How’s everyone? I’m doing pretty good! Looking for some fellow Sacramento bandsters that might wanna chat.

I’ve been banded for almost 21 months now. I’ve had my ups and down, but I’m glad to say that I’m still 80 Lbs. lighter than I was at my heaviest. I really know I can do this and I’m so ready to let the weight drop once again. I was just recently given a 1cc unfill but now I’m finding it hard to stop eating! I’m super hungry all the time. L I see my surgeon again on the 3rd so here’s hoping he’ll be nice and put a little bit back. I’m feeling good and I know my band is way too loose now.

I’ll never stop fighting! I will make this work!

Irene -

Wow - You made me stop and realize that this December will be 2 years. I'm shocked, I hadn't realized it had been that long. Congrats on keeping the weight off. I have too to an extent. I'm about 6 pounds above my goal weight right now and I'm trying to muster up the stick-to-itiveness to drop it. It's really hard when there's so much stress right now. I think I'm actually handling the stress much better because I don't have myself to be down on for being fat.

I recently had the experience of fill, unfill, fill. :lol: I had a fill of about .5 cc and it actually turned out to be about .1cc too much. Of course we had to do the .5cc in, .3cc out, .2cc in to get it right and being from Sac it meant 3 days of sick leave but I'm finally back to not starving in between meals. Now to work on the head hunger. Being hungry in between meals starts those old grazing habits back up and off we go.

Anyway, hope things go well for you and "bump" me anytime you want to chat.

Vicki

Hi Ladies!

Oh wow it has been that long!!! I will be 2 years on 11/7. That is only 2 weeks and 2 days away! I can't believe how much time has flown...

LilMissDiva - Hang in there, remember this a lifelong tool you will always have it and it can always be adjusted depending on the situations we are going through. I know you can do it!!! One thing that has helped me is having faith and also a great support group. I found a support group that had/or having their surgeries out of the Richmond Kaiser (I had mine in SSF) and they meet here in Sac once a month. We have the meeting and do lunch right afterwards. We also chat online and meet up for walking events sometimes (depends on where everyone lives). It has really helped me remember I am not in this alone. You are welcome to come sometime to the support group...there is no charge and it is open to ANYONE no matter where you had your surgery at. It is held at the Kaiser Point West near Cal Expo on the 4th Saturday of each month, we are also trying to set up a time where we can get together another day during the month for added support.

Vicki - Sounds like you are doing great! Great job on the weight loss!!!

I have had my ups and downs too but I am finally on track again. I had a .5 cc unfill (that was my 3rd fill/unfill/fill process in about a year) this was right before my cruise in May 2009. It was too much out because in the next 3.5 months I gained 10+ lbs!! Yikes, I was so disappointed! So I finally mustered up the courage to go see my surgeon's assistant on Sept. 4th and had .3 cc's put back in....well it was slightly too much.

I wasn't able to eat much of anything mostly broth, Water and Protein shots (3 oz shots and they have 25 grams of Protein and only 100 cal) the down side was some days it took me 3 hours to drink the 3 oz. I was so tight!

I went back to see the doc on 10/2 (28 days) after last fill and I had lost 20 lbs!!! Yeah for me but still know I was too tight, he was kinda shocked that I still wanted soem Fluid out even though I had lost so well finally after 8 months of no lose and only some gaining; but I knew it was right. Well I had him take out .2 cc's and I am doing much better. I still have my days when I am way too tight and can barely drink my tea (usually around TOM, when I'm too stressed, or didn't get enough sleep) but other than thatI am still losing.

I am down another 8 lbs since 10/2...not as quick as last month when I was TOO tight but still not too bad.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi Vickie and Smilin! So thankful to find some ppl who live nearby. J It might be a nice idea to come visit for the monthly meetings. The only one I have near me has mostly bypass patients. I don’t have a problem with bypass, but they just don’t know what I’m going through, and I them. It is just that.

Thanks for that!

Smilin, you sound like me and the fills. I haven’t been able to ever find my sweet spot. I’m going back to see my Dr. really soon to get a little bit put back in. I had a second de-fill just last week and it seems 1cc was too much out. I’m thinking maybe .1cc or .2cc max might just cinch it. But you never know! I have an appt on the 3rd.

It would be nice to see this thread resurrect… anyone else around???