Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Sacramento?

April,

I was thinking about your post and I think it is great that you are back on track and honest with yourself about what has been your struggles with your journey...

I do not know if you read my profile and I can't even remember if I went into detail about it. But, I too have had spinal surgery L-4-5 in 2000. It was a major help as I walked with a cane daily for years prior to surgery and waited 8 fricken years to do the surgery! That is a lot of young years missed laying in bed! I still have a lot of pain though (I can walk without a cane though) and most days manage my pain fairly well. I am praying that getting off all of my excess wt will help me have more energy and less pain. Do not get me wrong becasue I know skinny people have jacked up backs too, I just KNOW in my heart it will only help to get the wt off of my joints. I do feel better when I exercise... but it is a fine balancing act. Some days 10 minutes on a treadmill is too much, so I have taken up swimming. I used to love to swim as a kid and teenager. But, for a long time that hurt my back too. But, for some reason a few weeks ago I tried it out took it easy and other that being exhausted and a tiny bit sore... NO FLARE UP!!!! So, I have been slacking again. Getting ready for the surgery, Yard Sale, and everything else lately. But, I know as soon as I can get cleared for swimming after surgery I am back in the pool. The only reason I do not like it is because I am lazy and I hate having to shower and change after my work out. But, for now I just go home wet with a towel. In the winter, I will have to just deal with it at the gym. I think I am going to stick with that and just walking until I feel really ready for the cardio and wts in the gym. All I need is a huge flare up and then I get depressed, cranky, and in bed too much. I take pain meds too, but they all stop my digestive track so bad, I literally will have to debate, meds...or no BM for up to a week. I am worried about that even more after WLS.

DO you have any good remedies. I had to take some Vicodin tonight and a flexarile because of me going through every cupboard, drawer, and room in the house packing things in boxes and taking them out to the garage for Saturday (I have helpers for the heavy ones). I swear I am a little OCD because I feel like all of the junk or things not used in over a year must GO!!!! It is like I am getting ready to bring a new baby home! I guess I am... a tool for a better ME!!!! lol!

Anyways, it is 1am gotta go to bed before I fall asleep on this lap top!

nite nite!

Gina

Gina - Have you thought about getting a TENS machine? You can buy them online and they are for pain relief. I have a friend who has had back surgery and also suffers from bouts of pain. She uses one all the time. I have one I use for my arthritus.

Vicki

I do have one and it helps a lot. I use it when I get in so much pain nothing else works such as ice, rest, and anti-inflammatories. If I have a bad flare up it really does seem to calm things down. They are selling those at the CA State Fair this year which is kind of cool for people who can't get them from a doctor. I think they are $250.

I just need to remember to use mine before I get in so much pain that I am desperate and remember to put it on the spasming area. Over all I am very lucky though, I have lots of options for pain control that a lot of people do not have.

Thanks for the suggestion becasue maybe someone else needs to know this information and they might read it here!

Gina

How is everyone doing? Gina did you have your surgery already? I hope all went well.

Well I have some good news everyone... I am so so very close to hitting the 100lbs lost mark and I think I am going to actually be able to do it before my bandiversary!!!

I finally got off my a** and started using my 24hr Fitness gym membership after 4 months of paying for it. I have been going to the Water Aerobics class there and it is awesome...I go 5-6 days a week, some days in the mornings and some in the evenings. I have lost 4 more lbs since I started at the beginning of the week. I feel great!

Well enough for now I hope you all are well.

:bolt:

:thumbup:Congratulations on hitting your big goal!

Thanks for asking about me, I did have surgery, but with my doctor's advise I decided to choose RNY instead of LB. I had my surgery last week on the 18th, I feel really good and I am grateful everything has gone so smooth for me.

Good luck to you in your continued journey!

Truly,

Gina

I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread so I will ask the question here. Does anyone know of a LapBand support group that meets in the Sacramento area? Elk Grove? The only support group I have found is for gastric bypass.

thanks.

Hi MomCof3!

I am north of Roseville/Sac, but would enjoy a bandsters support, if possible the middle of Sac? Not sure of any yet, I go to a Kaiser one off of Arden (off Bus 80) which also has mixed patients. Would enjoy getting in touch and seeing what may happen?

To post a new thread, if want to do it under California Local Lap-Band Support, type in that forum, then right above it on the left there is a button that says "New Thread", click on it and post! Be great to start a new one just for live local support group. Let me know if you need help, I can be your North Buddy Bandster! Have a blessed day, Roseyyyd1

P.S. Congrats on your Success, would enjoy hearing your story, am scheduled (thru Kaiser) to become a bandster in November.:thumbdown:

I did it, I am 2 days away from one year bandiversary and I lost 100 lbs; I hit this "small/big" goal on Monday this week.

I would have posted sooner but I don't have internet at home right now.

I am so excited, I can't believe I have lost 100 lbs. That is so weird to say!!! What is even weirder is that I am almost half way to my goal...35 lbs more to lose and then I will be officially half way to my final goal!

Thank you all for your support over the last year and a half. On November 7th it will be one year since my surgery and my first "small/big" goal was to lose 100 lbs by the one year mark and it worked! That is the first time EVER in my life I have kept a long term goal going.

Smilin_apple - Whoop! Congratulations! I always knew you could do it. You'll reach your final goal too. I've been at maintenance for 3 months now and I'm happy to say that when you get here you'll be able to stay and not just visit. This is truly a blessing for us and I'm happy that there's a whole family of us out here enjoying the trip together.

Again - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Smilin_apple - Whoop! Congratulations! I always knew you could do it. You'll reach your final goal too. I've been at maintenance for 3 months now and I'm happy to say that when you get here you'll be able to stay and not just visit. This is truly a blessing for us and I'm happy that there's a whole family of us out here enjoying the trip together.

Again - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thanks Vicki - and congrats on maintaining. I am so looking forward to finally being at my goal and being able to maintain like you are! You definitly are an inspiration to me!!!!

Take care

Hi all!

It's been so long since I have posted on here. Things have just been so crazy for me lately and it never fails I get distracted and I start to fall away from my support groups and not doing what I am suppossed to be doing to stay on track with my eating and exercising. Now I am just over a year out and I am still not doing what I need to do all the time and I get so discouraged with myself.

But I am looking forward to logging on here more often to help get my spirits up. I feel like I am carrying around a hugh weight on my shoulders because I have stopped eating right and losing weight. Not to mention I am having a hard time SLEEPING...I get on average only 3 hours sleep each night. It has gotten so bad my doctor has prescribed me some Ambien CR but in the last 4 months I have only gotten up the nerve to take it 2 times. I am so afraid of becoming dependant upon sleeping pills for sleep. Not to mention on top of all this I have been at a "plateau" for the last 2 months and really need to be back on track with my weight loss again.

I am not even at the half way mark yet, and it is just too soon to stop losing already, it has only been 14 months since surgery.

Well I hope everyone else is doing well!

Hi April,

I think I have the same issue as you. Its been over a year and I also stop beeing a good girl and eating the right way...I guess I can mantain my weight but not loosing and not gaining! at least!!! What can I do about that??? I am thinking to make anouther surgery that I wont be able to cheat....

Is there any surgery you can't cheat?? So is anyone disappointed with the band or wish they went RNY? I am having to decide in the next three weeks what to do.

Is there any surgery you can't cheat??

Nope. I've seen people be successful with them all and regain (or never lose it all) with them all.