Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September surgeries out there

Anyone else have trouble breathing after surgery? I can get over 500 on the incentive spirometer.

Nah I'm hitting 2000. Catheter is killing met though. I truly detest them. Are your nurses concerned?

Okay' date=' day four still letting the dog in and the dog out. Pain is very tolerable now, don't think I'll even take a dose. Went from every six to 12 hours, and have been up and done so much just going to the bathroom from all the liquid feel it totally has helped. I agree with everyone, even though you get to feeling better every day, handling all the animals, and two toddlers is a bit extreme. I just changed my bandages where the drains were. I have stitches in the main drain and staples in the other, so not worried as feel it could take quite a lot to tear. Anyway, please take it as easy as you can sageandcoyesmommy.[/quote']

I've finally arranged it so my kids can stay with family until the 22nd. That way, it will just be the dogs and cats until 11 days after surgery. I'm so lucky to have my family helping out. I didn't even get this much help after my c-sections lol. Everyone wants me to heal well and hopefully be done with health issues for a while.

HW(9/3/13)- 284, DOS(9/11/13)-269, CW-265(9/15/13), GW-155

I've finally arranged it so my kids can stay with family until the 22nd. That way, it will just be the dogs and cats until 11 days after surgery. I'm so lucky to have my family helping out. I didn't even get this much help after my c-sections lol. Everyone wants me to heal well and hopefully be done with health issues for a while.

Glad to hear you got help. That way you'll have some time to rest. Think today I've been awake all day, but quit taking pain med yesterday, which helped. But still wear out easily. Take care of yourself.

Glad to hear you got help. That way you'll have some time to rest. Think today I've been awake all day' date=' but quit taking pain med yesterday, which helped. But still wear out easily. Take care of yourself.[/quote']

How much Protein have you been getting in? I've been super tired and wondering if It's related to my protein intake. I've been getting all of my Water in, but only 20-40 grams of protein each day

Anyone else have trouble breathing after surgery? I can get over 500 on the incentive spirometer.

I just got to the line above 500 as well

I was told to hold it for as long as possible(seems like the nurse mentioned to aim for 15 seconds), but that the actual number doesn't matter too much. What matters is that you're doing it. It's not the higher number that reduces your risk, but how often you do it. That being said, I've noticed a gradual improvement in the number since surgery. I started around 500 and am up to 1000 now that I'm 5 days out. Just continue to do it because it really helps.

HW(9/3/13)- 284, <br />DOS(9/11/13)-269, <br />CW-265(9/15/13), <br />GW-155(by 9/21/14...my 26th birthday!)

Okayyyy. Less than a week out. Love hearing or reading from all who have gone before me. :) not freaking out, yet. Lol. Went to support group at hospital, saw a woman on post op panel just cross her legs, sit indian style with ease, got a bit teary eyed thinking, "i wanna be able to do that again"...& i will!! Sometimes its the little things. :) no pre op diet here, just put the practices in place... Trying shakes, pureed food recipes eating small every 3 to 4 hours, focussing on liquids, small sips (camelbak is great for this); final purge of all things with too much sugar or fat....replaced with acceptable ones...yogurts, oatmeal, etc. hardest part for me is caffeine, but almost weaned off that... Have had a few small "treats" in last week, worked into the mini meal plan, but trying to do none after today. my dr allows solid food up to 8 pm day before surgery, liquids til midnite. Not looking at that as license for "last supper" as a friend of mine did..lol. Wont be allowed anything til day after surgery, after 2nd test for "leaks" ( GI xray ) is ok. Then they put us right on pureed stuff in hospital. I too am taking my own shakes, just in case...as, well as camelbak. Kinda worried about gettin fluids in as well as self injections of anti coagulent for 2 weeks post op. My guy has agressive clot/DVT/embolism prevention plan, which is fine with me....just the sticking myself will be kinda freaky. So....Monday, 9/23 at 10 am. :P

HW (1/2013) 231 CW 221 GW 130

BB and Co (all my fellow 16thers) I'm about 5 hours away from checking in and 7 hours from surgery! Stopped clear liquids 15 minutes ago. Packing a bag (not taking much as most said they never use it) and then going to watch some Golden Girls. I probably won't sleep LOL. Too excited! I'll be thinking of you all when I go in. Peace, blessings and a successful surgery to us ALL!

good luck hope everything went well.

How's everyone doing? I am doing well. Got rid of horrible catheter and have been walking. Also sipping Protein Shakes and Water. Feel much better than I expected.

that's great when do you get to go home?