Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lots of great people on here! I was told I won't have to keep track of as many variables re: my food as I have been doing with the Mediator Release Diet. That was my cue to make bad food choices tonight. The worst part was when I bought two Big Macs. I have never eaten two Big Macs at once and I thought this is crazy and gave my second one to a homeless man so I wouldn't eat it. I helped myself and someone else too (except he also looked a bit chubby so he probably didn't need that Big Mac either!). Actually since Big Macs are bad for us no one really needs to eat them. In the past this choice would have sent me on a six month eating binge but fortunately I can nip it in the bud tonight and get back on track in the am. That Big Mac was 550 calories( more than half my daily calories!) Have a good night everyone! I get my psych eval in the am. Hope he doesn't ask about McDonalds...

Funny about your psyche evaluation. I hope he doesn't ask about mcdonalds either. Mine was about 10 minutes long after I filled out paperwork. Don't stress about it.

Good for you for choosing to give one away. We all slip now and then. The thing about surgery is that when you slip too much there will be consequences besides gaining weight. (Possible pain or being sick on your stomach) it has really helped me to avoid certain foods. I Love ice cream, but for me it just doesn't work anymore. :( of course, I have tried a couple if times because I'm stubborn. Lol I do well with all other milk products though.

It seems like we never sleep, RJ! Lol

No S**t . i run on 4 maybe 4.5 hours of very sound sleep ( per my fitbit) and im re-energized. how many of us are experiencing this since our 2.o hardware upgrade :-) . that is my code for the rny. yes i know im a geek

Edited by Weight Warrior

Lots of great people on here! I was told I won't have to keep track of as many variables re: my food as I have been doing with the Mediator Release Diet. That was my cue to make bad food choices tonight. The worst part was when I bought two Big Macs. I have never eaten two Big Macs at once and I thought this is crazy and gave my second one to a homeless man so I wouldn't eat it. I helped myself and someone else too (except he also looked a bit chubby so he probably didn't need that Big Mac either!). Actually since Big Macs are bad for us no one really needs to eat them. In the past this choice would have sent me on a six month eating binge but fortunately I can nip it in the bud tonight and get back on track in the am. That Big Mac was 550 calories( more than half my daily calories!)

Have a good night everyone! I get my psych eval in the am. Hope he doesn't ask about McDonalds...

If you are having the RNY get Mickey D's out of your system before the surgery. after the rny it will cause....lets just say some VERY unpleasent things too happen with as much fat is contained in those bad boys

I am terrified about causing my pouch to stretch after surgery or causing a leak after surgery. I am also extremely reluctant to go through dumping syndrome since I had it once when I was very hypoglycemic. I got so sick I thought I was having a heart attack so I definitely don't plan on eating sugar, fried foods or eating more than my pouch can hold. Also eating only a T or two I definitely won't be wasting my Protein on a Big Mac. Today I had my psych eval. I still have to take the MMPI this week and my evaluator seemed to want to delay my surgery until Sept. Or Oct. because I have a complicated psych history and he wants to be sure I am emotionally stable enough to handle the surgery. On the plus side I think he will be a great new weekly counselor for me and he has lots of experience with Bariatric surgery patients. Patience... I also enjoyed my Healthy Habits class tonight.

I am terrified about causing my pouch to stretch after surgery or causing a leak after surgery. I am also extremely reluctant to go through dumping syndrome since I had it once when I was very hypoglycemic. I got so sick I thought I was having a heart attack so I definitely don't plan on eating sugar, fried foods or eating more than my pouch can hold. Also eating only a T or two I definitely won't be wasting my Protein on a Big Mac. Today I had my psych eval. I still have to take the MMPI this week and my evaluator seemed to want to delay my surgery until Sept. Or Oct. because I have a complicated psych history and he wants to be sure I am emotionally stable enough to handle the surgery. On the plus side I think he will be a great new weekly counselor for me and he has lots of experience with Bariatric surgery patients. Patience... I also enjoyed my Healthy Habits class tonight.

If you follow the plan you will not have problems with either your pouch stretching or dumping. I have yet to dump on anything, but I have been extremely careful. Tracking what you eat on a program like MyFitnessPal.com is very helpful. I really believe this is the secret to long term success. Keep attending the classes, this too has been proven to be a big part of long term success. Sept. Oct surgery just means you have that much more time to prepare. Use the time to set yourself up for success!

Carol

If you follow the plan you will not have problems with either your pouch stretching or dumping. I have yet to dump on anything, but I have been extremely careful. Tracking what you eat on a program like MyFitnessPal.com is very helpful. I really believe this is the secret to long term success. Keep attending the classes, this too has been proven to be a big part of long term success. Sept. Oct surgery just means you have that much more time to prepare. Use the time to set yourself up for success!

Carol

Wise words. could not have said it better.

I did it!!!! I did it!!!!' I broke through the plateau I have been in since January! RJ- you were right... I kicked those 4 pounds to the curb!

Now, let spray they don't show back up tomorrow. Haha.

Congrats Mel on lbs. lost!!! I am having a great day today. I have been struggling w/ building a 4/5 -7 day a week exercise schedule. I went to the Y set up a tracking plan and did a 30 min. Power of 10 strength workout and I am pooped but feel great! I wait 4-5 days to do the second half of the workout this week. I think I will also go swim today. My muscles r sore esp from the abdominal crunches. Tomorrow I will walk or swim or both. This afternoon I go to a meal planning class from 1-3 for Bariatric Surgery pathway. I am also going to work on cleaning/organizing my house, skimming my new books and doing a family schedule for May and pay bills. Then I am going to enjoy some mindless TV.

Carol

Wise words. could not have said it better.

sl

Congrats Mel on lbs. lost!!! I am having a great day today. I have been struggling w/ building a 4/5 -7 day a week exercise schedule. I went to the Y set up a tracking plan and did a 30 min. Power of 10 strength workout and I am pooped but feel great! I wait 4-5 days to do the second half of the workout this week. I think I will also go swim today. My muscles r sore esp from the abdominal crunches. Tomorrow I will walk or swim or both. This afternoon I go to a meal planning class from 1-3 for Bariatric Surgery pathway. I am also going to work on cleaning/organizing my house, skimming my new books and doing a family schedule for May and pay bills. Then I am going to enjoy some mindless TV.

Sounds like you have a busy day panned. Good for you on the exercise. It's not my favorite thing, but I'm getting better.

I did it!!!! I did it!!!!' I broke through the plateau I have been in since January! RJ- you were right... I kicked those 4 pounds to the curb!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know how hard you have worked for this so find a non-food way to Celebrate (my fav is a mani/pedi). YOU ROCK!!

Carol

Edited by Baconville

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know how hard you have worked for this so find a non-food way to Celebrate (my fav is a mani/pedi). YOU ROCK!! Carol

Thanks, girl! You are right a mani/pedi would be nice! I am thinking possibly a massage. :)

Awesomeness thy name is Mel.

Extra pounds still residing on Mel, this is your offical notice for you to vacate the premises now! this is you final warning

Has anybody experienced social changes after weight loss? I have been at my current job for three years. Clearly, when I was hired I was by far the fattest person in the office. It is a relatively small office of 14 women and one man. I am currently one of the slimmest in the office. Friday my boss had to speak with me about complaints from my co-workers. Apparently, I am "getting on their nerves". They no longer wish to have any conversations with me, about anything that isn't work related. Apparently even the sound of my voice when I am on work related phone calls has become grating. Nothing has changed in the past three years except my weight. Most days on my lunch I take a walk. I don't join in and eat the snack food that somebody brings into the office. I think there are some women that are threatened or feel guilty or just don't like the fact that I am now the size that I am. I think that I am paying a price for weight loss success.

I am emotionally crushed by this. My boss told me that I do my job wonderfully. The teachers that I work with love me. I get my work done and she has no complaints about the quality. In the past, this would have been the kind of thing that would have sent me into a half gallon of ice cream. I have been dealing with it by having some awesome workouts. Just wondering if anybody else has seen social ramifications from weight loss. My clinic warned me about this happening, they have a whole chapter about it in the materials they give out at the first visit. Believe me, it's hard to work in a small office and speak to no one. Makes me more grateful for the love and support of my family though!

you know Baconville I think that has happened to me! My director and I got along with each other well when I was the jolly fat nurse, now that I am slimmer I approached her about some work conditions that I felt were poor and my concerns. Next thing I know I was in a meeting with her boss and hr wth I still the same person, yes I have changed in my appearance so I think that for some that is threatening.

Awesomeness thy name is Mel. Extra pounds still residing on Mel, this is your offical notice for you to vacate the premises now! this is you final warning

Haha! You always make me smile!