Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so afraid of over eating. I was released to have 2-3 oz of soft food 3x a day. However I think I ate may 4-4 1/2 oz. I'm afraid of this becoming a habbit. Do I just need to have more control? It didn't make me sick but I'm really full, or is this normal? Was anyone else like this in the beginning and were you still able to have a successful weight loss? Thanks in advance.

I'm so afraid of over eating. I was released to have 2-3 oz of soft food 3x a day. However I think I ate may 4-4 1/2 oz. I'm afraid of this becoming a habbit. Do I just need to have more control? It didn't make me sick but I'm really full' date=' or is this normal? Was anyone else like this in the beginning and were you still able to have a successful weight loss? Thanks in advance.[/quote']

You shouldn't get 'really full'. You should really stop at satisfied. Measure or weigh your food - you can eat less but don't eat more. You don't want to stretch your pouch and sabotage your own chance for success.

Listen to your body, Take a minute between bites. AND Chew Chew Chew.

Okay, here is where someone has to say "measure your food" and then also say, there is a difference in soft food and dense food. I can eat 2.5-3 oz of dense food. For example: roast beef or chicken with cheese. That's it. If I eat more, I'm sure I'd throw up. I can eat an entire 5 oz container of yogurt though. With no feelings of discomfort. I've eaten more than that in yogurt. I had a 6 oz container one day. Why? It's soft and like liquid, it moves quickly through my pouch with no worries.

So, the "soft" food...like Soup or liquefied stuff or potatoes...it's not dense food so you can eat more without discomfort. I felt "really full" from a few bites when I first started eating. So I'm not sure you're actually overeating. It's not like you just ate 4 oz of dense Protein and I don't worry about finishing off a container of yogurt. If it's a solid food, I measure and don't eat over the amount.

My nut explain to me that our pouch is like a funnel.

You put liquids in to it it goes right through allowing you to consume more. You put soft foods it goes through simi easily allowing yo to consume more than heavy food that just sits there for a bit before slowly draining out.

Okay' date=' here is where someone has to say "measure your food" and then also say, there is a difference in soft food and dense food. I can eat 2.5-3 oz of dense food. For example: roast beef or chicken with cheese. That's it. If I eat more, I'm sure I'd throw up. I can eat an entire 5 oz container of yogurt though. With no feelings of discomfort. I've eaten more than that in yogurt. I had a 6 oz container one day. Why? It's soft and like liquid, it moves quickly through my pouch with no worries.

So, the "soft" food...like Soup or liquefied stuff or potatoes...it's not dense food so you can eat more without discomfort. I felt "really full" from a few bites when I first started eating. So I'm not sure you're actually overeating. It's not like you just ate 4 oz of dense Protein and I don't worry about finishing off a container of yogurt. If it's a solid food, I measure and don't eat over the amount.[/quote']

Good point. Actually, in my program, yogurt, pudding, Soups, Jello and applesauce are considered 'full liquids' not solids. They go through your system like a liquid. Potatoes, however are a pureed food and therefore a 'solid'.

Good point. Actually, in my program, yogurt, pudding, Soups, Jello and applesauce are considered 'full liquids' not solids. They go through your system like a liquid. Potatoes, however are a pureed food and therefore a 'solid'.

:) also a good point. Mine at the beginning had to be thinned with chicken stock, so they were more like potato Soup.< /p>

I'm so afraid of over eating. I was released to have 2-3 oz of soft food 3x a day. However I think I ate may 4-4 1/2 oz. I'm afraid of this becoming a habbit. Do I just need to have more control? It didn't make me sick but I'm really full' date=' or is this normal? Was anyone else like this in the beginning and were you still able to have a successful weight loss? Thanks in advance.[/quote']

I'm 16 days out , not hungry but I must eat to lose so I weigh my food ,so I don't have to guess I first weigh the plate or bowl empty and then I put the food inthe plate and weigh it again .

post-34814-13813812269664_thumb.jpg

I'm 16 days out , not hungry but I must eat to lose so I weigh my food ,so I don't have to guess I first weigh the plate or bowl empty and then I put the food inthe plate and weigh it again .

My scale, if I turn it on with the plate on it is on 0.00. That way I can just load it up until 3 oz

my nut & surgeon said no scales. You have to measure your food in a cup for the actual ounces. It seems like there are so many different "rules" for everyone. It's hard to keep track.

measuring cup for liquids. scales for solids is what I was told. ??? you're right. Too many different rules.

:) also a good point. Mine at the beginning had to be thinned with chicken stock' date=' so they were more like potato soup.[/quote']

Lots of different doctors, lots of different rules. Some rules are universal, very similar among all doctors. Others are so very different and can be quite specific. I'm my program we are not allowed fibrous veggies for a very long time. I was told that they once had to go back in when someone ate some cooked broccoli - some fibrous pieces got stuck in the staples of the stomach pouch. Just an example of how a personal experience can result in a rule that other doctors don't have.

Sorry, attaches wrong quote to that one! :-o

Lots of different doctors' date=' lots of different rules. Some rules are universal, very similar among all doctors. Others are so very different and can be quite specific. I'm my program we are not allowed fibrous veggies for a very long time. I was told that they once had to go back in when someone ate some cooked broccoli - some fibrous pieces got stuck in the staples of the stomach pouch. Just an example of how a personal experience can result in a rule that other doctors don't have.[/quote']

I'm not allowed fruits or veggies until I've lost most my weight. Or around 6-7months out

Lots of different doctors, lots of different rules. Some rules are universal, very similar among all doctors. Others are so very different and can be quite specific. I'm my program we are not allowed fibrous veggies for a very long time. I was told that they once had to go back in when someone ate some cooked broccoli - some fibrous pieces got stuck in the staples of the stomach pouch. Just an example of how a personal experience can result in a rule that other doctors don't have.

lol, EXACTLY! I can't have gum or coconut. My doctor had to go in and fix one that had a coconut ball that had formed that kept stopping up the pouch.

I had my surgery 4/1. On 6/1 I was on regular diet. It says "Introduce new foods with caution" and my doctor is all about everything in moderation. I was told no Peanut Butter when they saw it in my journal and was told to use PB2 instead. Just till I'm goal. Oh...and not food with the peel on until a year out. So if it has a peel, I need to peel it first.

Right now I'm eating light and fit greek blends banana cream yogurt and I put strawberries I had lightly chopped and put spelda in mixed through it. It's delightful. Another person that had it done told me they couldn't have raw strawberries until a YEAR out. I dunno. I've had no issues. I had cocoa covered almonds yesterday. (I kind of wish I hadn't. They were just so darn good.)