Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Dates for July

Surgery done! This hospital is unbeliably beautiful! Would u believe the rooms are all singles, wireless keyboard, can get on internet, monitor is my 36 inch flatscreen tv!!!!! This is great!!!

Surgery started at 2:45pm, got to recovery at 6:00pm, in my room at 9:00pm. A little problem during surgery. Scar tissue on small intestines from a 2007 hysteroctomy had many inches bunched up and the dr. spent 45 minutes untangling it. He told my husband this will prevent me from losing alot of weight but I will talk to him today to find out the details and exactly what this will mean. My hiatal hernia was so small, he decided not to remove it. I will find out why.

The only pain I'm having is chest pain sice I woke up from recovery. The morphine pump takes care of that!!! I didnt need drainage tubes at all!

Another problem I had, my veins were so bad, they couldnt start an IV until I got to surgery and they put it in my neck it didnt work, they had to try the other side and that worked ,and that hurt like hell and they intubated me while I was loopy from the happy juice but I still felt it and it hurt. But luckily that didnt last long cause when I opened my eyes again, I was in recovery.

I will get up to walk today

Surgery done! This hospital is unbeliably beautiful! Would u believe the rooms are all singles' date=' wireless keyboard, can get on internet, monitor is my 36 inch flatscreen tv!!!!! This is great!!!

Surgery started at 2:45pm, got to recovery at 6:00pm, in my room at 9:00pm. A little problem during surgery. Scar tissue on small intestines from a 2007 hysteroctomy had many inches bunched up and the dr. spent 45 minutes untangling it. He told my husband this will prevent me from losing alot of weight but I will talk to him today to find out the details and exactly what this will mean. My hiatal hernia was so small, he decided not to remove it. I will find out why.

The only pain I'm having is chest pain sice I woke up from recovery. The morphine pump takes care of that!!! I didnt need drainage tubes at all!

Another problem I had, my veins were so bad, they couldnt start an IV until I got to surgery and they put it in my neck it didnt work, they had to try the other side and that worked ,and that hurt like hell and they intubated me while I was loopy from the happy juice but I still felt it and it hurt. But luckily that didnt last long cause when I opened my eyes again, I was in recovery.

I will get up to walk today[/quote']

Glad to hear you're feeling better and glad surgery went well, looking forward to more updates :)

I am July 9 we will be close: o)

How are you feeling after surgery?

Glad to hear you're feeling better and glad surgery went well, looking forward to more updates :)

Happy to hear you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing the experience. :)

I am going home today. I wasn't able to drink fluids with out nausea so they kept me a second day, put me on a patch to prevent that. I was so happy they had recliners because while the beds were comfy, they hurt my back like a bitch. Still on pain meds so I'm a bit groggy. Ps, if they ask you if you want some liquid Tylenol, don't do it. Made me throw up. Other than that feeling much better :)

I just got back from my last pre-op appointment. All is looking good to go for next week. I have lost 18lbs since my PCP appointment last week. This pre-op diet is for real.

I just got back from my last pre-op appointment. All is looking good to go for next week. I have lost 18lbs since my PCP appointment last week. This pre-op diet is for real.

Good job

Mz Shay

UPDATE ON ME:

Its 3:00pm a day after surgery. They took the IV out of my neck, took out the catheter, stopped the morphine, gave me Lortab, stopped high blood pressure medication. I've been walking around, sitting in a chair, ate some Jello, drank hot tea, it didnt come back up. Doctor said to have pureed dinner and if my pureed Breakfast stays down, I can go home.

The nurse taught me how to inject myself with the Louvenox. It took me forever to do cause I was terrified to stick myself but once I did it, I hardly felt it.

Doctor explained more about the surgery. I told you about the scar tissue from my hysterectomy in 2007. He had to pry apart and pull away scar tissue for the first 75 cm of small intestine but he really wanted me to have 150 cm. He was not comfortable messing with anymore because one little nick or tear and I could die. So he left it at 75cm. He said I won't lose as much weight as I wanted (150 lbs.) as easily but it can still be done. He said to think of it as a car that I'm driving automatic but now its manual. I'll get there but the work will be on me doubly hard because I will have less problems of dumping, it will be easier to overeat so I have to pretend I have 150cm of small intestine and prepare and eat my meals accordingly and I will lose the weight.

Honestly, I dont feel like I had surgery at all. Other than some stomach swelling and 5 cuts in my stomach, I feel fine. Guess I'll be going home tomorrow.

Congrats! I had my final consult today as well. Looks like it is a go for me too!

That is great Mitzie .. we have less than one week!

I know less then one week! Aside from some occasional head hunger ( I'm craving Arby's), I'm doing ok. No cheating but I am so ready to start the next chapter!

Yeah, head hunger is hitting me tonight... BBQ sounds so good

MORE UPDATES:

I finally got some uninterrupted sleep. Woke up and took a stroll down the hall. I can now have pureed food. Ooh Yummy! I'm having baked chicken, mashed potatoes n gravy and broccoli, I said to please include salt n pepper!!!!!

I have a litle medicine cup of milk of magnesia to sip on. Still feeling decent. Took a dose of Lortab at 5pm, last fir 3 hrs so soon I will need more.

MORE UPDATES:

I finally got some uninterrupted sleep. Woke up and took a stroll down the hall. I can now have pureed food. Ooh Yummy! I'm having baked chicken, mashed potatoes n gravy and broccoli, I said to please include salt n pepper!!!!!

I have a litle medicine cup of milk of magnesia to sip on. Still feeling decent. Took a dose of Lortab at 5pm, last fir 3 hrs so soon I will need more.

thanks for the update.. hope your evening goes well