Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about some NSVs!?!?

Went to the shoe store and was finally able to wear cute boots that fit around my calves with extra room!!!

This was one of the first things I thought to look forwatd to lol. Not there yet, but can't wait!

Went shopping yesterday and was totally overwhelmed by the selection in normal sizes...I'm used to the tiny, ugly selection in the plus department. Wasn't too lucky with pants..most are way too short, and I'm stuck between a 14 and 16, but I could pick any m/ L tops off the rack! I can get used to being overwhelmed!

I went through my clothes again - I have to do this at least once monthly - and got rid of more that are too big for me. I'll hold up something that I never wore before (still w/tags on it - I often bought smaller things "for when I lose weight" but just got bigger and bigger) and I'd think 'this won't fit' but it did (sometimes they are even too big)! They ALL did. I'm at that happy place where everything I own fits. Only four months ago I had only one pair of work slacks, one pair of tight-fitting jeans and a few tops that fit. If I didn't lose any more I'd be content, but at only four months out I'm sure the losses will continue.

Which raises a dilemma. I only have one more size of clothes in my attic to fall back on (14's). When I get smaller than that I'll have to really start shopping. I may have to take advantage of the business clothing loan at work! :-) :-) :-)

Went to the shoe store and was finally able to wear cute boots that fit around my calves with extra room!!!

Can't wait for this. I did manage to get a pair on the other day but they were tight. Few more lbs and I should be good to go.

@ Terry, I was a size 20-22W before surgery... Currently I am between a 4/6p.. I was very fortunate that family and friends along the way gave me a few clothes in the size I needed at the time. I won't lie, sometimes I only had a pair of pants and a few shirts but I survived!! When I got down to an 8 I reached out to my teeny sister and her daughter and said if u have any clothes u will be getting rid of please send them my way... Next I knew I had a closet and dresser full of clothes size med- xs.. Dresses, shirts, shorts, jackets!! I only needed to by jean in which I only bought 1 because I'm still loosing! So ask ur smaller friends, family and coworkers... They may surprise you!

Went shopping yesterday and was totally overwhelmed by the selection in normal sizes...I'm used to the tiny' date=' ugly selection in the plus department. Wasn't too lucky with pants..most are way too short, and I'm stuck between a 14 and 16, but I could pick any m/ L tops off the rack! I can get used to being overwhelmed![/quote']

Its so strange how everyone's sizes vary! I am a 16 in pants but definitely an xl shirt. Is it the boobs? I did buy a much smaller bra yesterday but that is still a 38DD. Could really use a DDD.

@ Terry' date=' I was a size 20-22W before surgery... Currently I am between a 4/6p.. I was very fortunate that family and friends along the way gave me a few clothes in the size I needed at the time. I won't lie, sometimes I only had a pair of pants and a few shirts but I survived!! When I got down to an 8 I reached out to my teeny sister and her daughter and said if u have any clothes u will be getting rid of please send them my way... Next I knew I had a closet and dresser full of clothes size med- xs.. Dresses, shirts, shorts, jackets!! I only needed to by jean in which I only bought 1 because I'm still loosing! So ask ur smaller friends, family and coworkers... They may surprise you![/quote']

Thank you! I will definitely have to do that! :-)

Its so strange how everyone's sizes vary! I am a 16 in pants but definitely an xl shirt. Is it the boobs? I did buy a much smaller bra yesterday but that is still a 38DD. Could really use a DDD.

I'm in a 16 pants and a large top. I'm 5' tall and 54 yrs old. I say my age because that is probably the reason my boobs deflated as I lose weight. That and I breast-fed three children. As a short person a size 16 is still pretty big but my stomach is also a factor in my pants size. Even if I get a lot smaller my stomach will always make me a size bigger than I should be (it's stretched out from the twins and then my 10.5 lb son - the weight gain came over the years). Someday I might try to get the skin removed but that won't be for several years yet, if ever. I need to be at a stable weight for a year or two and I need to have a history of infections in my stomach area before insurance will consider paying for it.

It's been 2 months and 11 days since surgery and I've lost a total of 60lbs. I'm down to a size 18 now. Which feels wonderful considering I wore a 24. I went through old photos and found some to compare...I never realized how huge I really was! Sheesh! Lol Here is one of my comparison pictures of my face. Can you see the difference? December of 2011 I was 333lbs. September 2013 I'm now 275lbs...and losing! Lol

SW:333lbs, SD:07/18/13, CW:275lbs, Height:5'8

post-32576-13813813223618_thumb.png

[ATTACH]5092[/ATTACH]

Got a pretty new bra in 40 DD...used to be a 48 F! It has straps that don't look like they could haul a freight train! My husband loves it.

Got a pretty new bra in 40 DD...used to be a 48 F! It has straps that don't look like they could haul a freight train! My husband loves it.

Ugh I need some new bras. When I've lost weight in the past my boobs never shrunk. That sure did change!! I want to buy one of those bras from Victoria's Secret that make you look like your two sizes bigger. I miss my girls. Lol.

I'm speaking at a healthcare conference next week and it is the first speaking engagement where I don't feel like a fraud speaking about healthcare while being grossly obese. I bought a new suit and got a 14 petite. While still not tiny I don't feel frumpy or like I bought something just because it fits .. now if I can just get over my nerves. Lol

I ran 1.5 miles at the track yesterday. Yaaaaay, this 82 lb weight loss makes me feel like a whole new person. :-). Loving my life. A loose size 16 from a size 22 in 4.5 months.

WLS: 5/14/13- HW: 273 SW: 258 CW: 191 GW: 135

I'm speaking at a healthcare conference next week and it is the first speaking engagement where I don't feel like a fraud speaking about healthcare while being grossly obese. I bought a new suit and got a 14 petite. While still not tiny I don't feel frumpy or like I bought something just because it fits .. now if I can just get over my nerves. Lol

You'll do fine! Public speaking is nerve-wracking but people never realize how nervous you really are. :-)

I'm starting to fit into some 14's too. I'm only 5' tall so that's not tiny but I feel great. I've been eying the 12's when I shop now. I even bought a sz12 pair of jeans yesterday. Maybe by the end of the month they'll fit (definitely by Thanksgiving!) And could it really be possible to be a sz10 by New Years? I've never been in single digits but... maybe next year? :-)