Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since having surgery I have come to realize how much I love food. Food was really my comfort. I loved everything about it and still do. I cry because I can't eat like I used to. I know its better for me but it doesn't take away that I miss my old friend

Since having surgery I have come to realize how much I love food. food was really my comfort. I loved everything about it and still do. I cry because I can't eat like I used to. I know its better for me but it doesn't take away that I miss my old friend

"Breaking up with food" was the hardest part for me post surgery... And as with any break up, it gets easier over time... until you wonder one day what in the world was I ever thinking!! You'll be fine!

food is my best friend too. Made me feel better when I was sad, entertained me when I was bored, shared in my happiness. I'm on my two week liver shrink diet (surgery scheduled for april 8th)and it's been very difficult. I know it will get easier with time but my every waking thought seems to revolve around food right now--especially the stuff I can't have. I know this is part of the process, but it is quite a struggle.

Nothing made me feel better than a bag of oreos or a 5 pack or cadburry eggs. We had a place in town that had Cake in a Cup. It was cake. In a CUP. It had a lid. You could sneak it home in your purse and eat it while the fam watched tv in the front room. You could even get two. No one judges you at the local bakery. Fat or thin, you're indulging in something really meant for special occasions. When I was a kid, mom and I would make a Jello cheesecake and split it. Just split it.

That's not normal. All the times I walk into a room and know people are judging my weight, all the times I said no to going out because I didn't want anyone to see me now that I'm fat again....all the times I didn't go on trips with my family because I was self conscious of my weight...all that was because of the unhealthy and destructive frenemy relationship I have with food.

I'm scared to give it up....but it's got to go. Hopefully, I am dreaming here, I'm one of the non dumpers that can, in time, enjoy some things I love in moderation. Right now I don't have moderation...well NOW I do. I'm on the day before liquid diet....but I do want to break up with food. I hope that breakup gets easier for us both.

I mourned my relationship with food almost as much as I mourned the death of my father. It truly is a sickness and thank god we have been given the tool to handle this addiction.

I'm in my two week shrink the liver diet also. I know it truly won't hit me until after my surgery. But i got to do this for me. Hell yes i will cry thanks to costco I'm stocked up in tissue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using RNYTalk

Been there done that. I bawled while sipping broth watching a burger king commercial days out of surgery. However, laying in that bed recouping I had a LONG talk with myself and a come to Jesus moment. I was ashamed of how I denied it all, realized what idiots we are in this world because sometime dies ..we eat...somebody graduates...we eat...somebody has a baby ...we eat WE are brought up to think food is associated with "good times" "good feelings" etc

It took me a few years to get to where I found my outlet. My mom passed in 2011 and since then I've worked with the National Organ donation centers to educate the public on Organ Donation. It helps me stay occupied and to be honest I'm almost 5 years out and food is no longer something i need to have to feel good. I eat to sustain health and energy that's it.

It gets better hang in there. xxx

After surgery food does not taste the same. I used to love cheeseburgers. Now I hate,bread. Beef is too heavy. Mynew favorite food is an orange. I eat an orange every day and am in love with them.

food is different isn't it!! Its the oddest thing. I never liked cottage cheese before I love it now. If I could I would eat a whole canteloupe lol sweets mean nothing to me I can't stand them. Veggies are my favorite dehydrated green Beans are my favorite. I love Water now. Mexican food use to be my greatest love...can't stand it now. I loved rolls and now I can't stand bread of any kind. Soda gives me gas and I will roll in the floor whining like a dog so I avoid that at all cost. Fresh smoothies oooh yeah ...did love fish then literally on my 30yh bday I developed a dang allergy and my bf said I had Angelina Jolee lips Lmao. . .

After surgery food does not taste the same. I used to love cheeseburgers. Now I hate' date='bread. Beef is too heavy. Mynew favorite food is an orange. I eat an orange every day and am in love with them.[/quote']

I am in love with mandarin orange cups! And diced pears!