Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you keep your pets off of you?

I have two very hyper mini dachshunds and they are constantly climbing all over me. My one weenie dog, Gigi, loves to just pounce on my stomach and start licking my face and most of the time it's highly unexpected. I just don't want her to jump on me and hurt something. I don't have the ability to take them somewhere for the first week after surgery. I feel more stressed out about my fur babies than I do about surgery!! I can't be the only one that had this fear?!!?!? Lol

If I was sitting where the beasts could jump on me, I had a pillow over my stomach....they zinged me a time or two but not too terribly.

How do you keep your toddler off of you too... LOL

~Leticia **SW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221**6 days post op: Down 15 lbs**

For mine we had to cage them for a few days. Just in the house in their normal cages we use for bedtime / feeding. After those first couple days they were fine. They were just so excited to see me that first day they probably woulda killed me by jumping all over me! :)

The order of these posts made me laugh....right after how do I keep my toddler off me came 'we caged em'

The order of these posts made me laugh....right after how do I keep my toddler off me came 'we caged em'

Lol! I didn't even say dogs! It must be the fine meds they have me on at the hospital! At least it sounded better than 90% of the text I've sent out!

Lol! I didn't even say dogs! It must be the fine meds they have me on at the hospital! At least it sounded better than 90% of the text I've sent out!

Lol, I knew what ya meant but it was good for a giggle :D. Meds are GOOD!!! Enjoy em while you can!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8

Mine seems to know I'm not feeling great. Hubby said she pined after me and went nuts any time someone came to the house till she figured out it wasn't me. She hasn't let me out of her sight since I came home yesterday. She even stayed in the bathroom while i took my shower yesterday. When I got up last night she got up and came to the family room with me. Just keeps giving me these sad little looks.

I have a Boston terrier and a mini pot belly Pig! They both seemed to know I wasnt feeling well. I would lay on my side and still cover my stomach with a pillow and they my pig would jump up and lay next to the pillow but my boston would stay at my feet and they didnt like people getting close to me! I guess they were protecting me!

It's amazing how animals know when you're not feeling well. I swear they're smarter than most humans LOL

Yeah, my fur babies are attached to me at the hip! Lol. They're just not going to understand why they can't jump on me like normal.

I have two tweenie doxies that sleep with us at night. One is elderly and pretty calm - she sleeps at the foot of our bed. My Copper on the other hand is a restless sleeper and moves all around the bed, usually crawling across me or even settling onto me. When not sleepng ON me, he uses me as a pillow for his head. I plan to sleep in the spare room for a week or so. He'll be content with having my side of the bed and my pillow all to himself. lol

I have 7 furry children! 5 large dogs and two cats (one light weight and one 20 pound main coon) the dogs knew I didn't feel well they mostly sat beside me until I reached to pet them..my cats are bonded so much to me they kept trying to climb onto my stomach and nest, that didn't work...Ouch. I'm good to go know they can jump and sit on me now.

I love my furry children they are unconditional....

I have 7 furry children! 5 large dogs and two cats (one light weight and one 20 pound main coon) the dogs knew I didn't feel well they mostly sat beside me until I reached to pet them..my cats are bonded so much to me they kept trying to climb onto my stomach and nest' date=' that didn't work...Ouch. I'm good to go know they can jump and sit on me now.

I love my furry children they are unconditional....[/quote']

I used to have a Maine coon....one gigantic fuzzy baby...was such a love bug though. Would have died if he couldn't spend the night laying directly on top of me :)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225

I used to have a Maine coon....one gigantic fuzzy baby...was such a love bug though. Would have died if he couldn't spend the night laying directly on top of me :)

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225[/quote']

I love him he is polydactyl! Ever since I had him shaved he is a lover boy..he gets so matted and won't key me brush him he such a man cat. And NO touching his paws....My other little Guy is a Blue Russian he was found in a tofu box in the trash sick huh....hence the name Tofu!

He is like glue with me, hubby says he's enmeshed.....lol