Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List of Band to Bypass Patients

SoccerMomma73, thanks for the heads up on recovery and the pain issues. It totally relieves my mind quite a bit. Have 22 days before they take the band out then 2-3 months for the bypass. Just like to know what to expect before hand and how much time I have to be off and have to put in for FMLA. Again thank you will have my heating pad ready :D

Im Jen. I had the band on halloween in 2009. I did lose weight the first 3 months, thanks to the liquid diet. ABout 60 lbs. Then I stalled, for a Year. I never really felt full. In 2011, I did Atkins, and lost about 60 more lbs. I was eating a good amount of food, but all atkins-based. So At my heaviest I was 370, and at the lowest I was 240. Then since july of 2012, (had stress, mother passed, breakup, etc) crept back up to 300 lbs by the time I had the band removed and the bypass done...on April 29 2013. I dont miss the band. But, The recovery was sooooo easier then the bypass. I am on week 2, and I still feel pain at time, and stomach aches...But I gotta admit, I have no Hunger. I am down 16lbs so far. Glad I found this site, because I have alot of wuestions about living as a gp individuial, and will answer any questions about the band.

Im Jen. I had the band on halloween in 2009. I did lose weight the first 3 months' date=' thanks to the liquid diet. ABout 60 lbs. Then I stalled, for a Year. I never really felt full. In 2011, I did Atkins, and lost about 60 more lbs. I was eating a good amount of food, but all atkins-based. So At my heaviest I was 370, and at the lowest I was 240. Then since july of 2012, (had stress, mother passed, breakup, etc) crept back up to 300 lbs by the time I had the band removed and the bypass done...on April 29 2013. I dont miss the band. But, The recovery was sooooo easier then the bypass. I am on week 2, and I still feel pain at time, and stomach aches...But I gotta admit, I have no Hunger. I am down 16lbs so far. Glad I found this site, because I have alot of wuestions about living as a gp individuial, and will answer any questions about the band.[/quote']

Jen this is so encouraging for me. I got my band in july 2008 and lost about 50 lbs then stalled. My lowest was 180. My RNY surgery is june 12th. Im st 220 now.

I had the band in 2010 lost about 75 pounds dwen to 175. I had so many problems, acid reflux, heartburn, food would not stay down. I had the band removed because it broke the stiches and was at the top of the stomach. Also, the stomach prolapsed. I had sever anemia with no Iron in stores. The removal was a year ago, I ahve been on ferrous sequal for the iron deficiency and I have gained all the weight back. I am 250. I will have RNY and Gallbaldder removed end of August. Have you or anyone you know had the rny and gall bladder removed at the same time? I am curious as to how long recovery will take and wahts in store. Thanks in advance for any input.

I had the band in 2010 lost about 75 pounds dwen to 175. I had so many problems' date=' acid reflux, heartburn, food would not stay down. I had the band removed because it broke the stiches and was at the top of the stomach. Also, the stomach prolapsed. I had sever anemia with no Iron in stores. The removal was a year ago, I ahve been on ferrous sequal for the Iron deficiency and I have gained all the weight back. I am 250. I will have RNY and Gallbaldder removed end of August. Have you or anyone you know had the rny and gall bladder removed at the same time? I am curious as to how long recovery will take and wahts in store. Thanks in advance for any input.[/quote']

Good luck to you :) I have heard of people that had both and it seemed recovery was the same

HW 363lbs SD 4/16/13 CW 301lbs

Welcome and thanks i always feel like im the only chicken lol i hate this band so much and just had a little "episode" confirming i need to get this out! When i get something stuck it no longer just hurts and comes out or goes down i feel like im choking then i get scared and hyperventilate to the point where my husband had to come calm me down so i could breathe ...how have u done with the bypass weight loss? Was it harder because of pain or because its so different?

I thought I was the only one that did that. I would hyperventilate to the point I would have to focus on breathing. I hate the feeling when I feel like something is clogged in my chest. I've got 19 more days and then I will have my revision. Surgery date is 8/26/2013. How r u doing?

I thought I was the only one that did that. I would hyperventilate to the point I would have to focus on breathing. I hate the feeling when I feel like something is clogged in my chest. I've got 19 more days and then I will have my revision. Surgery date is 8/26/2013. How r u doing?

You must be excited :)

You must be excited:) I am doing good I am down 68lbs and am hoping to lose 2 lbs by the 15th which is my 4 month surgiversary lol

You must be excited:) I am doing good I am down 68lbs and am hoping to lose 2 lbs by the 15th which is my 4 month surgiversary lol

You inspire me! Yes I'm getting excited I can't wait to see what my chest will feel like without this band.

You inspire me! Yes I'm getting excited I can't wait to see what my chest will feel like without this band.

Awww thanks :) your gonna LOVE it! The feeling is soooo much better ...for me recovery sucked it took me prob 3-4 weeks to feel better but I also had a bad infection internally which I'm prone to but once I was healed its a world of difference

I had my band n 2010 I was very successful at first 93 pds gone than over time I was to tight. My Dr kept saying " chew better" I was mad. It wasn't me. After MONTHS of thinking I was crazy I found a new DR whom unfilled me and ive been so much better. But for 3 years Ive been throwing up. And sick and bad reflux. Now I have to wait til February. Im so upset and my old DR who lied to me... doubted me lost his license for being a drug addict. :( im beyond upset. And I've gained 70 of the 93 back.

I had my band n 2010 I was very successful at first 93 pds gone than over time I was to tight. My Dr kept saying " chew better" I was mad. It wasn't me. After MONTHS of thinking I was crazy I found a new DR whom unfilled me and ive been so much better. But for 3 years Ive been throwing up. And sick and bad reflux. Now I have to wait til February. Im so upset and my old DR who lied to me... doubted me lost his license for being a drug addict. :( im beyond upset. And I've gained 70 of the 93 back.

Thats horrible :( you shouldn't havr to wait so long if your throwing up all the time ...Hope february comes quickly for u

I know im getting super depressed

I'm sorry just think about the positive ..that your finally gonna get it fixed and you'll soon feel great!

I am so excited I found this thread. I had my band in Dec 2010. I am now waiting for insurance approval for bypass. I am so terrified. My sisters had the bypass and look great I wish I would have done the same in 2010. I have also had problems with restriction in my band. I have had several occasions where I was so full I could not swallow my own saliva reflux and pain in my chest that is unreal. I would have to wait until the next morning to go in and have Fluid removed. This has been awful. I am praying for a better experience with the bypass. Please keep me on your prayer list.