Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List of Band to Bypass Patients

Was banded in 05. Was 265 got down to 170 by 09. Broke back, became disabled gained back up to 230. I was choking during the middle of the night for over a year, aspirating. Decided to revise. My band was growing into my liver. Yuck!

So glad it's gone.

It was much harder on me than the band surgery. Almost 3 weeks out. I'm like the other ladies, I think I could eat a cup of food or more, but I don't.

I'm glad I did it.

We don't think ur crazy for being scared. I was scared out of my mind. I mean they reroute ur plumbing! And u have to make changes u didn't have to w the band.

Was banded in 05. Was 265 got down to 170 by 09. Broke back' date=' became disabled gained back up to 230. I was choking during the middle of the night for over a year, aspirating. Decided to revise. My band was growing into my liver. Yuck!

So glad it's gone.

It was much harder on me than the band surgery. Almost 3 weeks out. I'm like the other ladies, I think I could eat a cup of food or more, but I don't.

I'm glad I did it.

We don't think ur crazy for being scared. I was scared out of my mind. I mean they reroute ur plumbing! And u have to make changes u didn't have to w the band.[/quote']

Welcome and thanks i always feel like im the only chicken lol i hate this band so much and just had a little "episode" confirming i need to get this out! When i get something stuck it no longer just hurts and comes out or goes down i feel like im choking then i get scared and hyperventilate to the point where my husband had to come calm me down so i could breathe ...how have u done with the bypass weight loss? Was it harder because of pain or because its so different?

The pain has been a lot worse and the eating restrictions have been rough. Like others tho I'm scared bc I don't get full at 2 oz.

I started at 230 on 3/6 and I'm 208 3/25. But I've been that weight got a week. As soon as I could eat reg food again the weight loss stopped. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to. I would never cheat. I track all my calories. I've only gone to 550 calories a day if that.

Also the nausea has been awful. I didn't have this w band.

The band is super scary when u feel ur choking. I was just on Soup and liquids by the time I got it out. Take it easy and try liquids for a while. I would wake up aspirating. It would scare my fiancé to death.

It is so normal to b scared. I would think it odd if u weren't nervous.

Any other questions please ask.

I'm still very glad I got the band out and had the bypass. It's just a slow recovery for me.

The pain has been a lot worse and the eating restrictions have been rough. Like others tho I'm scared bc I don't get full at 2 oz.

I started at 230 on 3/6 and I'm 208 3/25. But I've been that weight got a week. As soon as I could eat reg food again the weight loss stopped. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to. I would never cheat. I track all my calories. I've only gone to 550 calories a day if that.

Also the nausea has been awful. I didn't have this w band.

The band is super scary when u feel ur choking. I was just on Soup and liquids by the time I got it out. Take it easy and try liquids for a while. I would wake up aspirating. It would scare my fiancé to death.

It is so normal to b scared. I would think it odd if u weren't nervous.

Any other questions please ask.

I'm still very glad I got the band out and had the bypass. It's just a slow recovery for me.

Thank you for sharing it is so nice to havr others that have either gone through it or are going through it with you :) hope u feel better soon :)

Bander to bypass jan 14 th, losing slow.....but feel much better than having a band in for almost 7 years...l.

I had the lap band...and my stomach kept protruding up through the band. First time, I was completely blocked...when I went to the hospital, they told me I had absolutely minimal traces of potassium in my body... The IV to replace it was so painful... The band was "fixed"...and then the port flipped...got that "fixed"... Then got totally blocked again...so they removed the band due to stomach erosion...its been out for a few years now...and I gained back the 80 I lost, and another 30 ... The band was horrible for me! I'm having RNY done next Wednesday 4/3! Scared as heck...! Please pray for a good surgery for me (and everyone else!)....

I had the lap band...and my stomach kept protruding up through the band. First time' date=' I was completely blocked...when I went to the hospital, they told me I had absolutely minimal traces of potassium in my body... The IV to replace it was so painful... The band was "fixed"...and then the port flipped...got that "fixed"... Then got totally blocked again...so they removed the band due to stomach erosion...its been out for a few years now...and I gained back the 80 I lost, and another 30 ... The band was horrible for me! I'm having RNY done next Wednesday 4/3! Scared as heck...! Please pray for a good surgery for me (and everyone else!)....[/quote']

Prayers for you ^j^

Welcome and thanks i always feel like im the only chicken lol i hate this band so much and just had a little "episode" confirming i need to get this out! When i get something stuck it no longer just hurts and comes out or goes down i feel like im choking then i get scared and hyperventilate to the point where my husband had to come calm me down so i could breathe ...how have u done with the bypass weight loss? Was it harder because of pain or because its so different?

The reflux would comr out my nose in the middle if the night while I was sleeping..it was horrible! I would never begrudge anyone making the decision.... But it was a total mistake for me

2X bander to bypass feb 6th lots of scar tissue and adhesions made me a band failure:-(

weight.png

2X bander to bypass feb 6th lots of scar tissue and adhesions made me a band failure:-(

Welcome how r u doing now with the bypass?

Welcome how r u doing now with the bypass?

Doing well everything I'm eating has been ok. Only Proteins and still an only eat a few ounces' date=' not to hungry. So much better than band. Can't wait for veggies and fruit. I have tasted a veggie and fruit but my md is strict can't actually add veggies and fruit until 75% weight loss or six which ever comes first.

weight.png

Doing well everything I'm eating has been ok. Only Proteins and still an only eat a few ounces' date=' not to hungry. So much better than band. Can't wait for veggies and fruit. I have tasted a veggie and fruit but my md is strict can't actually add veggies and fruit until 75% weight loss or six which ever comes first.

Thats great im hoping to not have so much pain like i do with this band

Slow weight loss, can eat anything and can eat a lot.....not sure I do not even feel like I had surgery...

Slow weight loss' date=' can eat anything and can eat a lot.....not sure I do not even feel like I had surgery...[/quote']

I felt like that for a few months, too. Maybe it's because we got used to the feeling of the band and now our signals are different. Idk. I'm also a slow loser compared to others it seems but I seem to be losing better now than I did when I was figuring everything out. I'm four months put and have lost 50 lbs so I'm not setting any records but its fifty lbs gone so I can't complain. Good luck to you. Hang in there and keep your eye on the prize.