Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

List of Band to Bypass Patients

I feel like everyone on here must think km crazy that im so scared lol

Thank you....btw were u this scared or is it just me lol

Well...I'm a little different. I have the medical background so I know the ins and outs of the surgery a bit better than most plus I was supposed to get my bypass in August when I had my emergency band removal. Surgical consultation on Monday, surgery Wednesday. Not a lot of time to freak :). When I woke up with no RNY I was devastated and scared I'd never get it done, so the six months my surgeon made me wait while healing was HELL...I was just so psyched to get it done....

I do confess the Saturday before my surgery I sat on my bed ALL night bawling and writing letters to my son, parents, the man I love, etc....just in case I died :/ we all have our moments!!!'

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8

Well...I'm a little different. I have the medical background so I know the ins and outs of the surgery a bit better than most plus I was supposed to get my bypass in August when I had my emergency band removal. Surgical consultation on Monday' date=' surgery Wednesday. Not a lot of time to freak :). When I woke up with no RNY I was devastated and scared I'd never get it done, so the six months my surgeon made me wait while healing was HELL...I was just so psyched to get it done....

I do confess the Saturday before my surgery I sat on my bed ALL night bawling and writing letters to my son, parents, the man I love, etc....just in case I died :/ we all have our moments!!!'

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8[/quote']

Oh man im already like that i have a 2 yr old and all i want is to be healthy so i can be around for her for a long long time but since i had her ive gotten bad anxiety about dying and it started during my csection i cant ride in a car with others driving without freaking out....i had a new band put in last april and freaked so bad the.dr put me to sleep in the hospital room before even taking me to the operating waiting room also since about 6 months ago every time i get something stuck in my band i have such bad anxiety that im gonna choke to death and now im petrified of this surgery ...ive talked to the phsychiatrist and the surgeon about it and they both say its ok that it happens sometimes when women have kids....i feel like she is my world because i never thought id have kids i was scared by a gyn years ago when she told me i had pcos and it was the #1 cause of infertility in women kinda freaked me out we tried for almost 2 yrs ti get pregnant and ever since im a nut lol

I got banded in December 2010. I lost 20 lbs on the pre op diet and it took a year and a half to lose 20 more pounds. I began having horrible reflux problems last August and have since gained all my weight back. I am scheduled for band to bypass on April 8 and am super excited. My surgeon does not seem to be concerned that revisions are riskier but he does a lot of them. I was really nervous about it until I went to an appt at his office on 3/8 and met a few people with band revisions to bypass or sleeve in the waiting room and they were so happy. It gave me a lot more confidence.

I got banded in December 2010. I lost 20 lbs on the pre op diet and it took a year and a half to lose 20 more pounds. I began having horrible reflux problems last August and have since gained all my weight back. I am scheduled for band to bypass on April 8 and am super excited. My surgeon does not seem to be concerned that revisions are riskier but he does a lot of them. I was really nervous about it until I went to an appt at his office on 3/8 and met a few people with band revisions to bypass or sleeve in the waiting room and they were so happy. It gave me a lot more confidence.

It makes it easier talking to or meeting people that have had band to bypass revision...i only know one person who has and her and I have very similar "stories" and she LOVES the bypass and she looks great you would never know she was ever overweight at all and she also has never had any type of cosmetic surgery to remove skin or lift anything...i pray to god i look as good as her when im done lol

It makes it easier talking to or meeting people that have had band to bypass revision...i only know one person who has and her and I have very similar "stories" and she LOVES the bypass and she looks great you would never know she was ever overweight at all and she also has never had any type of cosmetic surgery to remove skin or lift anything...i pray to god i look as good as her when im done lol

I don't actually know anyone that's had a revision! I know several who had bands removed but none revised :/

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8

I had the band in may 2010 and had it romoved in oct. 2011. I lost over 100 pounds ..i was to the point i could not get anything down. I had an emergency removal for my band. I gained 50 pounds back .. i then got the gastric bypass done in feb 2012. I feel great. I am down all together from the time i had band in 2010 140. I feel like i need to be down more .. i feel like maybe the doctor left my pouch a little bigger because of the scar tissue. I am still happier with the weight lose, but just need to get more off.

I went to. MY first support meeting this year since my band to bypass surgery Jan 14th, I wanted to go, even tough it was my husbands birthday and all.... Needed to talk to real people in person , met one lady that had revision like myself..... It was interesting, but good, will try to make it to another soon, only have them at the hospital , once a month.....my husband was 44 last night, he still got his birthday present, better late than never, I always say........

I went to. MY first support meeting this year since my band to bypass surgery Jan 14th' date=' I wanted to go, even tough it was my husbands birthday and all.... Needed to talk to real people in person , met one lady that had revision like myself..... It was interesting, but good, will try to make it to another soon, only have them at the hospital , once a month.....my husband was 44 last night, he still got his birthday present, better late than never, I always say........[/quote']

Happy bday to your hubby :) did the other lady just recently have the revision as well

I went to. MY first support meeting this year since my band to bypass surgery Jan 14th' date=' I wanted to go, even tough it was my husbands birthday and all.... Needed to talk to real people in person , met one lady that had revision like myself..... It was interesting, but good, will try to make it to another soon, only have them at the hospital , once a month.....my husband was 44 last night, he still got his birthday present, better late than never, I always say........[/quote']

Happy bday to your hubby :) did the other lady just recently have the revision as well

She had surgery in December and feels a lot like myself , not much restriction and not a lot weight loss either....

She had surgery in December and feels a lot like myself ' date=' not much restriction and not a lot weight loss either....[/quote']

:( that doesnt make me feel good lol was your weight lower when u had the revision could it be that you dont have much to lose?

:( that doesnt make me feel good lol was your weight lower when u had the revision could it be that you dont have much to lose?

Yes, I was 210 Jan 14 th now @ 190 need to lose @50 lbs or so, frustrated but staying positive......

Yay for being in the 100s thats awesome :)

Love not having to be restricted like with the band, just a little worried about the very slow weight loss.....not having problems with sugar and dumping or anything for that matter......hoping for the best.... Going to Europe soon, and going to enjoy all the fresh food and adventure in store for me.... Staying positive..... For the future.....