Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Girl Scout Cookies

Need I say more? It's time! Your nieces are at the door. You want the Cookies. And, you want to help the kid out.

DID YOU BUY?

I bought a dozen boxes. :confused:

What?!?! Quit looking at the screen like that!!! :straight

This is the very first year that I can ever remember that I haven't bought. Usually I buy 10 -12 boxes and freeze. I am very proud of myself I have a problem with Girl Scout Cookies a very big problem.

Take the dozen boxes of Cookies to the nearest hospital, senior home, or work and explain your dilema. Tell them you can't be trusted with them, but you needed to buy them to support your neices. Remove them from your house immediately. :confused:

I haven't bought GS Cookies in forever, because I know they will only last a few hours *embarrassed*. But I must say, I will dearly miss them after surgery ((i almost bought some this year just before all the good news that i would most likely be approved -- still waiting on final word)).

but I would do the same if my neices came selling them, i'd buy a bunch, but then I'd make others eat them!!! So I agree with the one person who replied and said to get them out of the house immediately!!! You can do it! :clap2:

Where I work, there is ALWAYS some type of goodie in the break room screaming my name....well...I'll be the one supplying instead of eating from now on!! :confused:

Good luck!!!!

OMG! The chocolate, coconut Cookies are my favorite! But this year I'm going to do my best not to attack them. I saved a box from last years season and gave them to my daughter's this last past Saturday. I enjoyed watching them eat them.

It was a hard one but I didn't buy any this year. I was thinking about getting the low fat ones, but I just decided not to get any. I felt bad cause I always buy from my friends daughter. I just knew if I bought them I would eat them and not give them away.

Give those evil Cookies away!!:heh:

I am a former Girl Scout and feel like I need to support but don't want to eat my weight in cookies....so.....I just give them the money and don't take the Cookies.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This works for me!!

Well, they've been around the office with the forms this year but I am determine not to go that route this year. I say I won't eat them and then every chance I get, I'm sneaking one in my mouth.

Girl Scott Cookies are evil!

I didn't buy any. I follow the "If it's not here, I can't eat it" philosophy.

BTW, side note if I can - are there dues to belong to girl scouts, or are they 100% funded by this cookie drive? And if there are dues, what does the $ from this drive go toward? None of the cookie sellers can ever tell me that.

I didn't buy any. I follow the "If it's not here, I can't eat it" philosophy.

BTW, side note if I can - are there dues to belong to girl scouts, or are they 100% funded by this cookie drive? And if there are dues, what does the $ from this drive go toward? None of the cookie sellers can ever tell me that.

Here's what it says on girlscouts.org

http://www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_cookies/faqs.asp#money_where

Frequently Asked Questions

Girl Scout Cookies®

Cookie Revenue

[/url]Q: When I buy Girl Scout Cookies, where does the money go?

A: With every purchase, approximately 70% of the proceeds stays in the local Girl Scout council to provide a portion of the resources needed to support Girl Scouting in that area, including a portion that goes directly to the troop/group selling the Cookies. The balance goes directly to the baker to pay for the cookies.

Q: How does the cookie revenue benefit girls?

A:  All of the revenue—every penny after paying the baker—earned from cookie activities stays with the local Girl Scout council that sponsors the sale, including a portion that goes directly to the troop/group selling cookies. Councils use their cookie revenue to supply essential services to troops, groups, and individual girls, such as providing program resources and communication support, training adult volunteers, and conducting special events. The Girl Scout council's volunteer board of directors:

I cannot turn down my precious niece - so yes, I bought 6 boxes.....I used to by around 15! But the prices have gone up to $4.00 so my orders have dropped. I did get the Low Fat Brownies as one of my boxes....

This is hilarious...I've been seeing those darn GS cookie boxes EVERYWHERE lately. I haven't had any, but they are so darn tempting!! Good luck and hopefully cookie season passes soon!!

I didn't have a choice, I had to buy them...my daughter's in the Girl Scouts for the very first time this year. Her dues were $35...the troop she's in is more like "Troop Beverly Hills," for an overnight trip they went to the Biltmore House, keep in mind these girls are 6 years old and don't have a clue who the Vanderbilts are........she won't be with this troop next year if she's even in Girls Scouts again. I do think it's a great idea to give the Cookies away and will do just that!

I bought a few boxes. One of my friends has a younger sister in the GS. I only bought 3 boxes, though, and most of that will probably go to waste. Not much of a cookie eater, I'm afraid.

Hi- AH Girl Scout Cookies - I fully understand - I am my daughter's co-leader, a trainer, camporee director....etc. We presell then have cookie booths etc. Right now there are several cases in my dinning room and two frozen from last year. Fortunately for me, that is not one of my weaknesses. Several troops here are offering to ship "cookies to troups" - you can buy cookies and the girl scouts will ship then to the military troops overseas. But I have wondered about selling cookies - it is historical and the girl scouts just changed to cookies without the bad fats.