Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Make working out a priority!

So my thought of the day is how important working out is and how we all NEED to be doing it. I am the worst with working out because I just hate it but it is something we have to do in order to get the full benefit of this surgery and to be the healthiest we can be. I had a reality check from a friend whom I reached out too when I felt like I was going down the wrong path already at 4 months, I know horrible but hey bad habits die hard. And you know what she said that really made me think was "Please don't spit in the face of this surgery," :unsure: and wow that really hit me cause that was what I was doing. I was slowly inching my way back to the old way I use to be and I just can't do that. That's what got me where I was in the first place, fat and miserable. Sooooo I took her advice and put it into action. She said promise yourself to exercise at least 3 times a week for 30 min. That's really not a lot to ask if you think about it. 3 times a week is totally do-able so I made that promise to myself that night. This is only my second week since my promise but I have kept my promise and even worked out 2 days in a row this week so far because I am feeling so good. It's funny how when you respect yourself and keep promises you make how great you feel inside. And on another positive note I lost 5 pounds last week from exercising and eating better. Hey what more can you ask for. I still have like 90 pounds to lose so this is not the time to be lax and lazy so for anyone who is having trouble just remember what my friend said. Don't spit in the face of this surgery. Use it and take full advantage of being lucky enough to of gotten this surgery. It's only a TOOL. You still have to do ALL the work. Good luck to everyone and get your butt moving. Remember it doesn't matter how slow you go, you are still lapping the people that are sitting on the couch. ;) I love that one!

I totally got off track with my rant but I was also trying to say that we all need to make working out a priority. Just like taking our vitamines, drinking our Water and eating our Protein. It's a priority and we HAVE to do it in order to stay healthy and strong. The same goes for working out. When people want to make plans or go out you have to say NO not till I am done working out cause you know if you miss it you probably are not going to end up doing it later. Plus when you get off your routine it just messes up the whole day anyways. Sooooo remember working out is a PRIORITY and you need to make TIME for it. Ok I am done running my mouth. Love you all :P

I need you in my life haha. I need a workout accountability partner :)

I hated working out in the beginning but at 5 months out, I feel guilty if I don't do it. Once you start, it will just become routine & it really does make a difference. You will feel better all around.

I got a Striiv pedometer & it really encourages me to get my steps in. You can do challenges with the app on your phone & earn coins etc. I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I need you in my life haha. I need a workout accountability partner :)

Haha me too. I am sooo bad at it but I have been pretty motivated these last 2 weeks. Hopefully it sticks. You just have to have the aha moment and what my friend said to me was mine. It takes time but it will come to you. Just try and push yourself till then. Remember we will be so dissappointed if we lose all the weight and have all this skin and we didn't do anything to try to minimiz it. I know I would so it's time to get serious, take advantage of having the surgery and change my old lifestyle. You can do it too. Lets go!

I hated working out in the beginning but at 5 months out, I feel guilty if I don't do it. Once you start, it will just become routine & it really does make a difference. You will feel better all around.

I got a Striiv pedometer & it really encourages me to get my steps in. You can do challenges with the app on your phone & earn coins etc. I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

See I think most people do hate working out but it's something we all HAVE to do to be as successful as we can. I hear about those people who start working out, that were total couch potatoes, and turn into these work out freaks. I want to be one of those. I don't know if it is possible but I hope haha. Thanks for your encouragement!

I think you just have to find something you like / love and does not seem like a chore whether thats working out at a gym, doing a class or alone at.home for me, I love love zumba I used to love.going to.class but my joints slowed me down now that im loosing weight I got it for the wii and I am hoping as I lose weight I can start it up again and maybe get back to class again. However I am with Sammi , it would be nice to have an accountability partner or a workout partner makes it so much easier ;) good luck ladies!

Cyn-shakiraa Dos 12-17-12

I hated working out in the beginning but at 5 months out' date=' I feel guilty if I don't do it. Once you start, it will just become routine & it really does make a difference. You will feel better all around.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

I love the Striiv app. It pushes me to walk more with the challenges.

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 DOS:338 CW:310