Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

Monday night update: I overdid it yesterday, this is true, but when I got a good sleep I woke up and was rested but still wretchedly nauseated. I called my surgeon's service and was told to go get some Milk of Magnesia. See, unlike some other people's experiences, they let me go home on day 3 with toots alone. When I mentioned that I hadn't had a BM in 6 days they told me that could be contributing to the nausea. So. Got my MoM, took a big swig, and have been rockin' that poop all day long - LOL! Nausea is also is nearly gone. Who knew?

On another topic, I am SICK TO DEATH of the Clear liquids diet. Can't wait to advance to puree on Wednesday! Good evening y'all! Thanks for keeping me sane!

Monday night update: I overdid it yesterday' date=' this is true, but when I got a good sleep I woke up and was rested but still wretchedly nauseated. I called my surgeon's service and was told to go get some Milk of Magnesia. See, unlike some other people's experiences, they let me go home on day 3 with toots alone. When I mentioned that I hadn't had a BM in 6 days they told me that could be contributing to the nausea. So. Got my MoM, took a big swig, and have been rockin' that poop all day long - LOL! Nausea is also is nearly gone. Who knew?

On another topic, I am SICK TO DEATH of the Clear Liquids diet. Can't wait to advance to puree on Wednesday! Good evening y'all! Thanks for keeping me sane![/quote']

Poop is your friend!!! I started purée yesterday, better than liquids but so bleh still...it's all for a good cause....just keep reminding me of that!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 238

That poop is the key. I pooped yesterday after a week and I feel awesome I was never nauseas but the gas and everything is gone. I will tell you I am now hungry and have an appetite again.

This is gross but I'm gonna join in..had diarrhea the first week, and started stage 2 last Wednesday and no BM since..haven't been taking in THAT much but still worried

I am so glad everyone is feeling better. Only 6 more days and I will be sitting next to you on the losers bench. Save me a seat.

OMG it got ugly....I told my doc my gut always wakes up slow....I had a GI virus right before surgery' date=' I was cleaned out totally...there is nothing brewing in there at all...give me til tomorrow, I will produce tomorrow....he wouldn't hear of it. 2 freaking suppositories, 2 enemas, and one extremely pissed off patient later....he finally conceded defeat. And guess what??? The next morning the toots started and by afternoon I was rolling! I was SO mad....mom said my nurse is scarred for life now :/

I felt no pain when I woke up. Later, after I was in a room and on a morphine pump I kept the pain under control while I was awake but if I fell asleep for a couple hours and couldn't hit the pump the pain got a bit rough, not terrible though. And getting up wasn't really a huge deal, much easier than when I had my lap band 3 years ago....course I'm 50 lbs less so that's gotta help!!!!! When you get up, put the back of the bed up as far as it will go so you're not trying to pull yourself up using your abs.

In the past 36 hours I've had 1 Tylenol and spent many hours under my heating pad....it just feels GOOD on the tummy :). I was sleeping on my side the first night post op and flat on my tummy the night I went home, I guess day 3.......

Sip sip sip and walk walk walk!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 240[/quote']

Thank you for that. I can't wait to keep in touch and follow you.

And then the walls come tumbling down!! I need our resident psych nurse!!! (Or a cookie)

My son is an awesome young man, great manners, kind, caring, a joy to mother....usually. Last week he got in trouble for talking, a repeat offense which we had already discussed consequences if it happened again. Now, I never enjoy punishing the boy, he gets his feelings hurt easily and hates it when I'm disappointed in him. Tonight, halfway through my lecture, I had to send him to his room so I could break down and bawl. Then he came back out, saw I'd been crying, thought it was because of him....ugh, way too many tears around here tonight!!!! Freaking hormones!!!! I want my chipper back!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 238

On another note' date=' Im pissed because the scale at the bariatric center is weighing me 15 pounds more than my home scale. Annoying.[/quote']

FIFTEEN?!,!?!?!? how s that possible????

FIFTEEN?!' date='!?!?!? how s that possible????

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 238[/quote']

That's what I said! I weigh 240 on home

scale and 255 when I went to the center. I'm very

Confused but guess I should go by the scale that's been weighin me since November?

I am a psych nurse, more specifically a depression and anxiety nurse. Would love to chat more with people, I amb 5 days postop. feel free to email me at scrubnurse2007@yahoo.com

I am a psych nurse' date=' more specifically a depression and anxiety nurse. Would love to chat more with people, I amb 5 days postop. feel free to email me at scrubnurse2007@yahoo.com[/quote']

Awesome Cecelialibra is also a psych nurse! Glad to know our mental well being is in good hands!!!!!

Hey everyone! I am glad to see everyone is doing better. Today I am 14 days post op. I went from 247 morning of surgery to 236 as of today. Eating is getting easier. I just have to remember to eat :P otherwise all id good. My first followup is on Thursday.

First day I've actually been on purée/mushies and focusing on Protein....oh my how I feel like I spent every second either eating or drinking!!!! (Or having just eaten and am now waiting to drink!). Ugh, this shall be a bit of a challenge....and I shall kick its ass! ( but I DID get the Protein, and I'll have the Water in by bedtime!) take that my fat butt, take that!!!

And then the walls come tumbling down!! I need our resident psych nurse!!! (Or a cookie)

My son is an awesome young man, great manners, kind, caring, a joy to mother....usually. Last week he got in trouble for talking, a repeat offense which we had already discussed consequences if it happened again. Now, I never enjoy punishing the boy, he gets his feelings hurt easily and hates it when I'm disappointed in him. Tonight, halfway through my lecture, I had to send him to his room so I could break down and bawl. Then he came back out, saw I'd been crying, thought it was because of him....ugh, way too many tears around here tonight!!!! Freaking hormones!!!! I want my chipper back!!!!

Awww... I'm sending you a big (((hug!)))

Just curious... what time of the day was this at? I ask, because at least at our house it is a well-known fact that if things are going to get emotional, it's going to be between dinner and bedtime, especially if someone has been stressed to begin with.

Be kind to yourself. I'll bet by the time you're reading this in the morning you'll be feeling much better already. Give your boy a hug and tell him that although he did break a rule, it wasn't what made you cry. Remember, you just got your digestive tract rerouted! Even though it's easy to forget, because at least for me, the 5 little bandaid incisions are already mostly healed up, your body is still working really hard to sort out the new way things work inside, you're calorie deprived (and we know how much the brain needs food!), etc. God forgive me for that run-on sentence.

Hey, if it makes you feel better, for the last two days I've had legit, wake up in a wet-spot, have to turn over the pillow night sweats. What's that all about?