Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I am a psych nurse, more specifically a depression and anxiety nurse. Would love to chat more with people, I amb 5 days postop. feel free to email me at scrubnurse2007@yahoo.com

How cool is that! Welcome to the hang-out! Do you prefer not to chat on these forums or are you just offering another way to be in touch? I'm just saying because, as you know, support groups are soo healthy, and I'd hate to deprive the group of your insights by taking them off to a private chat... Where do you work? Inpatient or out?

Cecilia

So depressed..pizza was sent to work and this sucks. I know I can't have all the bad stuff I've always had but I'm not dealing well with always beig left out. Thought after the surgery u can have some of the stuff u enjoy but a limited amount ad sparingly. Just sitting in the bathroom at work crying like I have some contagious disease.

Stef

Howmanywordz@hotmail.com

I don't want to bring anyone down' date=' I'm just totally curious? Is anyone else really depressed? I can't shake this overwhelming feeling I've made a mistake. I'm feeling better, and I'm losing a bunch of weight so I don't get it. I'm just feeling very down like I want to cry nonstop. But I made this "choice" and I feel like I can't say anything to family or I'll get an "I told you so".

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

I'm with you Kelly. I've regretted this as of the soft foods stage. Introducing myself to foods is a pain. I never consume the required amt of Protein and liquids. I'm constantly nauseous and feeling horrible. Everyone keeps saying it will get better and that's what I'm hoping for.

Okay so other than nausea and general irritability, my biggest issue so far has been hating eating..a bizarre situation for me! For lunch I stopped and got egg drop Soup and attacked it with my ninja, added unjury chicken Soup and this stuff is actually enjoyable!!!! Wonder haw many days in a row I can have egg drop soup for lunch? :)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 238

Hi, my name is Michelle. This is my first post on this board. I has my surgery yesterday. Everything went great. So far no nausea and the pain is tolerable . Starting to get some gas pains now. The catheter, hp drain, and Iv machine are all out now. Will be able to go home tomorrow. Then the real work starts. This is best decision I have made.

Hi' date=' my name is Michelle. This is my first post on this board. I has my surgery yesterday. Everything went great. So far no nausea and the pain is tolerable . Starting to get some gas pains now. The catheter, hp drain, and Iv machine are all out now. Will be able to go home tomorrow. Then the real work starts. This is best decision I have made.[/quote']

Welcome to post-op :) feels good doesn't it :)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 238

Hey ladies! 3 weeks post op and feeling horrible. Just had my doc call in a script for nausea cuz its getting out of hand. I feel like a pregnant chick: every smell makes me wanna vomit :-(

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 DOS:338 CW:310

So depressed..pizza was sent to work and this sucks. I know I can't have all the bad stuff I've always had but I'm not dealing well with always beig left out. Thought after the surgery u can have some of the stuff u enjoy but a limited amount ad sparingly. Just sitting in the bathroom at work crying like I have some contagious disease.

Stef

Howmanywordz@hotmail.com

This will be a big challenge for me when I return to work, too. I'm glad I was able to take a full month off. At least the lunches I pack won't have to be pureed! Still, I feel for you. Last night I made my family chicken fettucini alfredo and I mourned not being able to eat with them. But I did take the pan drippings where I seared the chicken (all those goodie bits were stuck to the pan) and dumped in 2 cups of Water and a bullion cube. Poured it through a strainer and had dinner with them. :)

I'm with you Kelly. I've regretted this as of the soft foods stage. Introducing myself to foods is a pain. I never consume the required amt of Protein and liquids. I'm constantly nauseous and feeling horrible. Everyone keeps saying it will get better and that's what I'm hoping for.

I wonder if this isn't a little like having the baby blues after having a baby. Or dreading going to work after a real relaxing vacation. It's the beginning of something new, and it's a huge learning curve. What you're feeling is perfectly normal. Now, as a psych nurse, I would recommend distraction. Find something else to do. Move to another room in the house. Go outside for a walk (anywhere has got to be warmer than Minnesota is right now!). Call a friend and find out how THEY are doing. Move your focus outward. I hope this helps!

I wonder if this isn't a little like having the baby blues after having a baby. Or dreading going to work after a real relaxing vacation. It's the beginning of something new' date=' and it's a huge learning curve. What you're feeling is perfectly normal. Now, as a psych nurse, I would recommend distraction. Find something else to do. Move to another room in the house. Go outside for a walk (anywhere has got to be warmer than Minnesota is right now!). Call a friend and find out how THEY are doing. Move your focus outward. I hope this helps![/quote']

There's so many factors in something like this! You've got the build up and then let down (didn't we all want to lose 30 pounds pre-op and 20 pounds our first week post-op), the realization that while we do have this awesome tool we kinda feel crappy for a bit, and darnit, it's hard living off an ounce of food 4 or 5 times a day, and making yourself exercise, and changing your relationship with food (my family is a bunch of eaters, we eat to Celebrate, eat to mourn, eat for companionship....we just eat....). Add to that, we're living off 600-800 calories a day which is proving to be somewhat exhausting, fat hoards estrogen so with every bit of fat we lose our hormones are going nutso. Plus anesthesia does crazy things to your brain. It's really a wonder we aren't all just ranting, raving, bawling lunatics.

I'm 8 days post op, followed directions to a T, been up and moving since day 1....I've lost 3 pounds. While logically I can explain this and heck if I can maintain 3 pounds a week go me, I can't help but look at 3 pounds and go 'well crap, what have I done?!?!,' just a little. Tomorrow I go back to work, my coworkers will go out and have something yummy....I'll have my ounce of mush and be blah....but in the end, it will so be worth it!

(And don't get me wrong, 3 pounds is 3 pounds....it's awesome, but darnit I want my 20!!!!)

There's so many factors in something like this! You've got the build up and then let down (didn't we all want to lose 30 pounds pre-op and 20 pounds our first week post-op)' date=' the realization that while we do have this awesome tool we kinda feel crappy for a bit, and darnit, it's hard living off an ounce of food 4 or 5 times a day, and making yourself exercise, and changing your relationship with food (my family is a bunch of eaters, we eat to Celebrate, eat to mourn, eat for companionship....we just eat....). Add to that, we're living off 600-800 calories a day which is proving to be somewhat exhausting, fat hoards estrogen so with every bit of fat we lose our hormones are going nutso. Plus anesthesia does crazy things to your brain. It's really a wonder we aren't all just ranting, raving, bawling lunatics.

I'm 8 days post op, followed directions to a T, been up and moving since day 1....I've lost 3 pounds. While logically I can explain this and heck if I can maintain 3 pounds a week go me, I can't help but look at 3 pounds and go 'well crap, what have I done?!?!,' just a little. Tomorrow I go back to work, my coworkers will go out and have something yummy....I'll have my ounce of mush and be blah....but in the end, it will so be worth it!

(And don't get me wrong, 3 pounds is 3 pounds....it's awesome, but darnit I want my 20!!!!)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 238[/quote']

I think you have said what we all are facing. It's not easy, but we will win the battle.

I have encountered the feeling like I have some contagious disease that no one has syndrome lol. We were invited for a spaghetti dinner at a friends house Sunday. Also Saturday was my bday. So I was feeling blue because no bday cake and no spaghetti allowed. I told myself I have been good and deserve a reward. I ate two bits of spaghetti and made sure I chew chew chewed. No issues. I even had a teaspoon of cake. I was completely satisfied. I had no issues from it until yesterday afternoon and honestly dunno if that is what caused the visiting of the toilet cause hubby was having tummy issues too. Don't beat yourselves up. Remember you did this to be healthier and more than likely all the foods we were eating before weren't helping us but hurting. In time we will able to eat regular foods but in moderation. :)

There's so many factors in something like this! You've got the build up and then let down (didn't we all want to lose 30 pounds pre-op and 20 pounds our first week post-op)' date=' the realization that while we do have this awesome tool we kinda feel crappy for a bit, and darnit, it's hard living off an ounce of food 4 or 5 times a day, and making yourself exercise, and changing your relationship with food (my family is a bunch of eaters, we eat to Celebrate, eat to mourn, eat for companionship....we just eat....). Add to that, we're living off 600-800 calories a day which is proving to be somewhat exhausting, fat hoards estrogen so with every bit of fat we lose our hormones are going nutso. Plus anesthesia does crazy things to your brain. It's really a wonder we aren't all just ranting, raving, bawling lunatics.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 238[/quote']

I think you have said what we all are facing. It's not easy, but we will win the battle.

I just did my first real walk (been walking around the house, yard, stores, etc) 30 minutes, way slow, and I am tuckered out!!!