Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

Well I'm back in hospital since Fri started getting dizzy lightheaded and short of breath so far all heart test have been ok butt they did more Sat & Sun so my reg cardiac does hospital rounds tomorrow so will see the 1 blood test was boarder line for clots so they started me back on my blood thinners while in hospital so will see in the morning cause all test results will be in

I emailed Katt fri but haven't heard back from her i will try to call her tomorrow just have to remember our time difference

Well I'm back in hospital since Fri started getting dizzy lightheaded and short of breath so far all heart test have been ok butt they did more Sat & Sun so my reg cardiac does hospital rounds tomorrow so will see the 1 blood test was boarder line for clots so they started me back on my blood thinners while in hospital so will see in the morning cause all test results will be in

While I'm sorry to hear you're back in the hospital, I'm glad you're being taken care of! I hope this is all over soon, and you begin to experience the health benefits of weight loss!

So sorry you are not feeling well . Please keep us posted on what the doctor is saying. Feel better soon.

So, my hubs came home for his day and a half weekend from work . Man it was great to see him :) however, we went shopping ( NOT LONG AT ALL MIND YOU) and now I am unable to do anything with out terrible muscle type pain in my left side! I mean BAD! sick of being on the liquid loratab it's starting to make me dizzy if I don't just lay down. If I activate whatever muscle that is on the left side , it becomes very very mad and every tiny movement feels like a knife stabbing me! Even laughing or giggling , which is really hard NOT to do when Ken is around. Simply because he cracks me u ALL the time. So now it's Monday morning and I am now faced with having to call the doctors again and try to explain to them THIS IS NOT NORMAL! I was suppose to go back to work in 3 days , however it's not looking good and I am very sad about this! I love my job and the ppl I work with ( and the money :) ) sorry for rambling , I just feel broken and I want to be fixed and I am pretty much terrified that will mean surgery again :( I am scared and angry and just want to be happy and healthy and able to use my gym membership I am paying for.

Does anyone know anyone who has had this issue , or heard of it :( I had surgery feb. 20th - I should not be in crippling pain every time I move more then from my bed to the dang couch. Any advice ?

On a side note I am SO HAPPY almost everyone is doing VERY well:)

HAPPY MONDAY TO EVERYONE :D

So' date=' my hubs came home for his day and a half weekend from work . Man it was great to see him :) however, we went shopping ( NOT LONG AT ALL MIND YOU) and now I am unable to do anything with out terrible muscle type pain in my left side! I mean BAD! sick of being on the liquid loratab it's starting to make me dizzy if I don't just lay down. If I activate whatever muscle that is on the left side , it becomes very very mad and every tiny movement feels like a knife stabbing me! Even laughing or giggling , which is really hard NOT to do when Ken is around. Simply because he cracks me u ALL the time. So now it's Monday morning and I am now faced with having to call the doctors again and try to explain to them THIS IS NOT NORMAL! I was suppose to go back to work in 3 days , however it's not looking good and I am very sad about this! I love my job and the ppl I work with ( and the money :) ) sorry for rambling , I just feel broken and I want to be fixed and I am pretty much terrified that will mean surgery again :( I am scared and angry and just want to be happy and healthy and able to use my gym membership I am paying for.

Does anyone know anyone who has had this issue , or heard of it :( I had surgery feb. 20th - I should not be in crippling pain every time I move more then from my bed to the dang couch. Any advice ?

On a side note I am SO HAPPY almost everyone is doing VERY well:)

HAPPY MONDAY TO EVERYONE :D[/quote']

I have it too altho yours just acted up. I have had it since surgery they cut a muscle in your abdomen and stich is back together. It is aggravated with bending down and overdoing it. Lortab didn't do a damn thing for me or tylenol. Md allowed me 48 hours of motrin 200 mg every 6 hours and that helped so much. Then they gave me tramadol muscle relaxer one every 6 hours and that helped, My surgery was 2-6. I was in a recliner chair for 2.5 weeks sleeping because of that horrific pain. YOu are not alone. I missed work too I went back last week for half days at first because I have a sitting job I can't sit that long with that pain, Lying down is my only relief right now it is getting better everyday and I don't aggravate it if I can help it. That is a major muscle. Let your MD office know so they can be sure its not something else. ONLY exercise i can do it walk I want to get back to Zumba.

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently,206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150

Ok they let me go home hopefully everything is ok now started me back on my blood thinners. But I just am so very tired all I want to do I sleep all day and night I don't have any energy for nothing maybe if I get back on my Vitamins it will get better my dr has only had me taking B-12 and Vitamin D I had just started multi and Calcium when I had went to the hospital fri Luckily everything with eating and Protein is going well Thank God for that

I have it too altho yours just acted up. I have had it since surgery they cut a muscle in your abdomen and stich is back together. It is aggravated with bending down and overdoing it. Lortab didn't do a damn thing for me or tylenol. Md allowed me 48 hours of motrin 200 mg every 6 hours and that helped so much. Then they gave me tramadol muscle relaxer one every 6 hours and that helped' date=' My surgery was 2-6. I was in a recliner chair for 2.5 weeks sleeping because of that horrific pain. YOu are not alone. I missed work too I went back last week for half days at first because I have a sitting job I can't sit that long with that pain, Lying down is my only relief right now it is getting better everyday and I don't aggravate it if I can help it. That is a major muscle. Let your MD office know so they can be sure its not something else. ONLY exercise i can do it walk I want to get back to Zumba.

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently,206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150[/quote']

That's where I'm at too. I cant sit straight up for very long and the Tylenol seems to not relieve that pain at all. I also have the same worry because I too have a sitting job and I'm worried I wouldn't be able to get through the day. Do you think the doc would prescribe me something if I'm still havinf this issue when I need to go back?

Ok they let me go home hopefully everything is ok now started me back on my blood thinners. But I just am so very tired all I want to do I sleep all day and night I don't have any energy for nothing maybe if I get back on my Vitamins it will get better my dr has only had me taking B-12 and Vitamin D I had just started multi and Calcium when I had went to the hospital fri Luckily everything with eating and Protein is going well Thank God for that

Rest up and lay low you will regain your strength. always better at home....

That's where I'm at too. I cant sit straight up for very long and the Tylenol seems to not relieve that pain at all. I also have the same worry because I too have a sitting job and I'm worried I wouldn't be able to get through the day. Do you think the doc would prescribe me something if I'm still havinf this issue when I need to go back?

Sure I don't see why not. You have to be a little forceful with them. I keep meeting people that think MD's are GOD they put there clothes on just like non medical people . Remember its called "practicing medicine", You deserve to be alleviated from your pain so call and ask for the nurse and tell her you need something stronger than Tylenol and Lortab make sure you tell them those two are not touching your pain. GOOD LUCK AND GO GET EM

Ps I have worked in the medical field for more than 25 years.....

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently 206 Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150

The DR's office just called and rescheduled me for tomorrow :/ so I wait another day :) glad this is stressing me out to the max! :( I know my body ! This is NOT normal. I am having a hard time staying positive right now. My DR office pushes for the sleeve and I opted to get the RNY. Now I feel like I have been punished for not getting what the DR wanted me to get. Sorry .. I am just very angry. :(

Hello all,

My hubby goes in bright and early for his RNY... I had mine just on 2.27.13 ... We're both in this together for health reason... I went in hospital taking 26 pills and left taking 3. He had already lost 51 pounds so far... and now only takes a few...hopefully after it will be even less....He's doing great.... But we both have the yo yo effect so we both opted to do it together. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery with no complications. We're two weeks apart so I'm still recovering too!

I will be praying for all that are having surgery this week .... For speedy recovery!

HW 238 SW 214 CW 196 GW 125

New birth date 2.27.13 (SD)

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I have it too altho yours just acted up. I have had it since surgery they cut a muscle in your abdomen and stich is back together. It is aggravated with bending down and overdoing it. Lortab didn't do a damn thing for me or tylenol. Md allowed me 48 hours of motrin 200 mg every 6 hours and that helped so much. Then they gave me tramadol muscle relaxer one every 6 hours and that helped, My surgery was 2-6. I was in a recliner chair for 2.5 weeks sleeping because of that horrific pain. YOu are not alone. I missed work too I went back last week for half days at first because I have a sitting job I can't sit that long with that pain, Lying down is my only relief right now it is getting better everyday and I don't aggravate it if I can help it. That is a major muscle. Let your MD office know so they can be sure its not something else. ONLY exercise i can do it walk I want to get back to Zumba.

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently,206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150

Just curious... did the two of you (monken and danifoxpt) both have open surgery? I'm wondering what muscle would have to be cut and stitched, and why it would cause so much pain for so long afterwards... I had some twinges in the first week or two, but it's all but disappeared. I'm sorry you are still struggling!

My DR office pushes for the sleeve and I opted to get the RNY. Now I feel like I have been punished for not getting what the DR wanted me to get. Sorry .. I am just very angry. :(

How frustrating! Why did the doctor want you to get the sleeve? Regardless, hang in there. Present your case clearly, and hopefully your message will get through!

Hello all,

My hubby goes in bright and early for his RNY... I had mine just on 2.27.13 ... We're both in this together for health reason...

How exciting to be doing this together! Best of luck to him!

You know what? I think you're entitled to be exhausted, considering all you've been through. And at the rate that you're losing, your body probably needs all the rest it can get. Good for you for keeping up with the protein and water! You're a better woman than I am, LOL!

Just curious... did the two of you (monken and danifoxpt) both have open surgery? I'm wondering what muscle would have to be cut and stitched' date=' and why it would cause so much pain for so long afterwards... I had some twinges in the first week or two, but it's all but disappeared. I'm sorry you are still struggling![/quote']

Mine was laparoscopic but had lots of adhesions and scar tissue clean up....

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently 206 Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150