Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

Lol that would be sex....I want for their to be the potential for a future, that's all I'm asking for. He says no never again. I can't continue with the relationship we have without at least a chance it's going to go somewhere. We will still be friends, our boys are in school and scouts together and are best friends so we see each other a fair amount. He is a great, great guy with an amazing heart that just got trampled, if he figures out how to break down that wall around his heart and I'm still here I guess we will see what happens. I'm guessing he won't take that wall down for a very very long time, if ever and that is really sad because he's a really good person and he's born to take care of others....just how he's wired.

Forgive me for being so nosy, but I'm trying to understand... has anything changed recently other than you asking him for a long-term commitment? Did that cause him to back off, or is he happy to just go along being your best friend with benefits but without commitment?

The reason I ask is because at this stage of my life that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe I have trust issues of my own, but I would be happy to just have a lover who is my best friend and who doesn't want to move in with me or force me to commit for a lifetime...

I guess I'm wondering if he might come around if you just continue as you are, or if you feel like you need to have a commitment or to move on to someone who will?

Am I being too nosy?

Well 2 weeks 1 day and still having BAD left side pain :( went to ER last night and had CT done. They called today saying I have to go see my Dr ASAP they think I have an abscess ! Why me? Has anyone else had this? Appt at 3 and I do not know what is going to happen.

Geez! Please let us know what they say! I will be thinking of you!!!

Are we all (or most of us?) weighing on Fridays? I'm excited to see what I've lost!

I am bored with food...only eat cuz I have to or I get queasy. I know this will go away and I'll get hungry again but what a totally bizarre feeling to just not care if I eat!!! A week after my lap-band I was ravenous and miserable, this is totally wild! We had a drug rep bring in BBQ today. I had maybe a 1/4 of squished up Beans with a little shredded pork mixed in, ate a little over half. Coulda stopped at 2 bites cuz really just didn't care if I ate or not. Not even really craving bad stuff either. My first post-op check-up is next Friday. Curious to see what they think of my progress. I think I'm doing dandy then read stories on here about people losing 20 lbs a week or expected to lose 60 in a month and I'm like WHOA!!! Really???

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.6

I seemed to have stalled for the last few days no change. I am on mushy/puréed foods except meat I can do in tiny pieces chewing a lot or ground meats. Have had no problems, but I did eat too much and it hurts for hours. I am slowing it down these next few days!!

Surgery 2/14-217 , CW 198 GW 140

Ok , the doctor stated that the (possible ) abscess is under my pouch. Which is not where my pain is. Also I have a hematoma in the muscle on my left side. So the good news is that it is not serious . Bad news is I am still in pain and I get to play the " lets wait and see" game. I hope everything just goes away. I just wang to be able to do things without pain. I have another appointment next week to check in :) we will see. P.s. my labs are all good ! :)

That's good it wasn't anything serious but did they give you anything for the pain

I think as long as you fell that its not hurting your son or his friend just go with it a while and don't push him especially if he's not seeing anyone else he just might need time how long since he's been divorced if he's that good he just might see the light at the end if he's not pressured and it might work out cause you have a lot going on to

I think as long as you fell that its not hurting your son or his friend just go with it a while and don't push him especially if he's not seeing anyone else he just might need time how long since he's been divorced if he's that good he just might see the light at the end if he's not pressured and it might work out cause you have a lot going on to

It's fine. We shall continue to be friends, now without benefits (darnit! The benefits were amazing!!!) and see what develops. I'm not expecting anything at this point. He's a great great friend, that I don't want to lose. His son adores me and wishes he could trade his mom for me, my son loves him and would live over at the 'boys house' doing boy stuff I given half a chance :). We shall be fine, friends, lovers, or others, it all works out.

It's fine. We shall continue to be friends, now without benefits (darnit! The benefits were amazing!!!) and see what develops. I'm not expecting anything at this point. He's a great great friend, that I don't want to lose. His son adores me and wishes he could trade his mom for me, my son loves him and would live over at the 'boys house' doing boy stuff I given half a chance :). We shall be fine, friends, lovers, or others, it all works out.

Okay... that answers all my questions! Geez... Sounds like a FWB guy I used to know... The day I told him I thought I was starting to have "feelings" for him was the last time we had sex. BUMMER!!!! :o

Oh well. Hey, BTW, you should update your ticker. I can't believe you've only lost one pound! I think the closer we are to our goal, the less exciting the weight loss will be. Good to be closer, yet bummer that it doesn't come off faster...

Okay... that answers all my questions! Geez... Sounds like a FWB guy I used to know... The day I told him I thought I was starting to have "feelings" for him was the last time we had sex. BUMMER!!!! :o

Oh well. Hey' date=' BTW, you should update your ticker. I can't believe you've only lost one pound! I think the closer we are to our goal, the less exciting the weight loss will be. Good to be closer, yet bummer that it doesn't come off faster...[/quote']

Holy cow that my ticker from having lap band removal....where the heck did that come from?????? I'm the one cutting off the sleepovers....feeling too much for him, can't handle that much closeness!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.6

Ok so tomorrow I go for my one week post op appointment , although its been 10 days since my surgery. I'm excited to see how he thinks I'm doing. According to my scale I have lost 25 pounds, but nothing more for the last couple of days. I think I'm gonna start weighing only once a week. Has anyone been prescribed medicine to prevent gall stones ? I was told by a Nurse friend of mine that it was recommended for weight loss surgery patients because the rapid weight loss can cause them ? I am gonna ask my surgeon .

Surgery date 2/26/13

Clt

I would be curious to know the answer about meds for gall stones... I actually asked and the nurse said most people end up getting it removed because of the low fat diet .... I'm like just take it out when your in there... They said thy will only take it out if there's a problem they can see .... Be sure to give us an update... Because if there's a med ....I would rather take it than go through all the pain and possible surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Clt

I would be curious to know the answer about meds for gall stones... I actually asked and the nurse said most people end up getting it removed because of the low fat diet .... I'm like just take it out when your in there... They said thy will only take it out if there's a problem they can see .... Be sure to give us an update... Because if there's a med ....I would rather take it than go through all the pain and possible surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I start taking gall stone meds on march 15. Approximately, 3 weeks post op. They hope that it will help to prevent the formation of gallstones since the can form due to quick weight loss. I don't have the meds upstairs, but if I think about it I will post the name tomorrow. Btw...it was part of my post op med list.

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 308 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

The most common med is Actigall (I'm gallbladderless so don't have to worry about it).

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4