Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What ya eating tonight?

So I am 5 weeks out and I was wondering if lobster or crab legs would be okay to eat? I am on soft foods transitioning to solids soon!! Also has anyone started eating salads yet?? I loove my salad and I'm scared to even try yet!

So I am 5 weeks out and I was wondering if lobster or crab legs would be okay to eat? I am on soft foods transitioning to solids soon!! Also has anyone started eating salads yet?? I loove my salad and I'm scared to even try yet!

I've had lobster salad. The second time I had it, it got stuck tho so I do recommend either pulsing it in the blender or food processor.

Yes you can anytime' date=' please bring a case of that pepper sauce with you, lol they don't have it up here in Missouri. I lived in Meridian for 18 yrs and then in Hattiesburg for 2 yrs before being transferred u here with hubs job. I am the only one who eats the collards and peas. Hubs calls it grass clipping. Lol he just doesnt understand. And then around thanksgiving is the only time i can eat turkey necks and rice. Lol[/quote']

Grass clippings! Too funny.

It's Fourth of July on cape cod. It's 85 degrees out' date=' not a cloud in the sky. All I'm missing is a plate of fried seafood, onion rings, clam chowder and an ice cold beer. : (. I guess I'll have baked or grilled.[/quote']

I cut a burger in half and then thought about my food getting stuck the other day. I ended up passing on the buyer and mashed up a deviled egg, added a little more mayo, and that was my 4th of July lunch. :-) Desert was a few pieces of ripe peach, chewed slowly.

I can honestly say it was enough. The IDEA of the other foods was very appealing though, especially the sweet corn and the sangria.

And the potato salad. I make a killer potato salad... at least, I think so. There's never any leftover. :-)

Yes you can anytime' date=' please bring a case of that pepper sauce with you, lol they don't have it up here in Missouri. I lived in Meridian for 18 yrs and then in Hattiesburg for 2 yrs before being transferred u here with hubs job. I am the only one who eats the collards and peas. Hubs calls it grass clipping. Lol he just doesnt understand. And then around thanksgiving is the only time i can eat turkey necks and rice. Lol[/quote']

My husband totally doesn't eat any of my traditional southern food. I grew up around Hattiesburg and was there until about 4yrs ago. I also worked at Rush in meridian with a travel MRI company!! :) I made my own pepper sauce from sweet banana peppers I grew cause I got tired

Of never being able to find any down here. I occasionally have some good hearty down south food but usually only get it when I go back home. I miss Tomato gravy and biscuits or rice. That's how I got fat!!!

Grilled Oyster Rockafellar. Amazing! Could only hold 2 but it was out of this world!!!!

post-34674-1381381245141_thumb.jpg

Is it weird that nothing has affected me yet? I've had alot of foods that bother other people including chicken and haven't gotten anything stuck or tossed a cookie yet. Also I've only felt full a few times. I'm not complaining in anyway but is this happening to anyone else? I'm a little over three weeks out and on soft foods.

Yep! I'm same way... 3 1/2 weeks out, I've eaten chicken... And jus had a couple bites of steak today! Yum! I only eat a little bit. Nothin bothers me yet...I only "felt" sick once when I ate too many Eggs! Lesson learned!

My husband totally doesn't eat any of my traditional southern food. I grew up around Hattiesburg and was there until about 4yrs ago. I also worked at Rush in meridian with a travel MRI company!! :) I made my own pepper sauce from sweet banana peppers I grew cause I got tired

Of never being able to find any down here. I occasionally have some good hearty down south food but usually only get it when I go back home. I miss Tomato gravy and biscuits or rice. That's how I got fat!!!

Wow what a small world huh? I never was a fan of tomato gravy my son is. Luckily i don't eat Gummy rice ( white) i like long grain or brown rice if i eat it. I need to learn how to make pepper sauce. Haven't had it in years. Was on every restaurant table in the south. Lol actually they say hot sauce in any form is good for you also helps in speeding up your metabolism could be why we can all endure spicy foods. I make fresh salsa alot with vine ripe tomatoes. Cant find green tomatoes here to have fried green tomatoes. Another yummy

Wow what a small world huh? I never was a fan of Tomato gravy my son is. Luckily i don't eat Gummy rice ( white) i like long grain or brown rice if i eat it. I need to learn how to make pepper sauce. Haven't had it in years. Was on every restaurant table in the south. Lol actually they say hot sauce in any form is good for you also helps in speeding up your metabolism could be why we can all endure spicy foods. I make fresh salsa alot with vine ripe tomatoes. Cant find green tomatoes here to have fried green tomatoes. Another yummy

It's quiet easy. Banana peppers and vinegar and then I can mine. That's how we grew up every summer canning. I'm not a huge rice fan either so it's all good. I haven't had any good southern food and I'm scared to even try any. Maybe after I hit goal it can be my reward meal :)

Up here i do get the frozen collards but i do put bacon and bacon grease in the pot. So yummy and do the same with my peas and Beans. Its not bad for you. I make them at least once a month. I also make cajun fried chicken but i bake it in the oven. I just fix it like if i were to fry it. Soo good

Pan tilapia with rosemary and onions from the garden. So yum!

I just made a couple of turkey burgers and had about a cup of salad with balsamic dressing(reduced fat). It was pretty good, I have found out that certain cuts of beef is tough to handle, turkey is much better for me in the long run!

SO easy!

1 cup skim milk

1 scoop chocolate Protein Powder

1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder

1 packet sweetnlow

5 ice cubes

Blend up and top with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder! Yum!

How much Peanut Butter?

How much Peanut Butter?

Sounds great!