Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good Morning, Violets...

Well, I was up at 3:58 a.m. in time to turn the alarm off so it wouldn't wake the Bobster up. I've had my shower, washed my hair, started my blueberries thawing for Breakfast and then to wait for the girls to get here at 5:35 a.m. I think I'm going to be one pooped puppy by noon! Good thing the Bobster is here today to watch Ethan when he gets here til I get home.

I'll be back to give details on the shopping spree later today. Everyone have a good one!!!

Good Morning and Happy Shopping day to you.

Got up this morning and went back to the Y with the guys. I didn't go swimming and decided to try out the machines. OMG, have you ever been on the eliptical? I was only able to do about 4 minutes and my thighs were screaming. There was a girl there that was on it for an hour(crazy nut). So than I was off tothe weight lifting and did good at that and than tried the other torcher machines. Finally got on the tread mill and worked out on it for awhile. Even inclined it. By the time I was done I could barely make it up the stairs.

Came home and deboned the turkey. Yuck. Gonna make some turkey salad for sandwiches with the dark meat. Did a few other things and now it's rest time for a few minutes.

Fixed me a Protein Shake and than watch what I eat for the rest of the weekend. I'm on a good losing streak right now and don't want to sabotage it.

TracyK- The pictures were wonderful. You are so cute. And you have a very good looking family.

Kat- I love when it snows and you made me jealous talking about taking a walk. There's a special feeling you get when you go out and it's cold enough to see your breathe and it's so quiet you can her snapping noises from things beinging so cold. The air is so crisp and it feels kinda good to breathe it in. Than the best part is coming home and getting warmed up. A hot cup of cocoa to warm your insides. Right now it's 19 degrees here, need to get the fireplace going.

Judy- Your pictures are just to pretty. I'm so glad I have a twin. By the way, my husband is a twin. It was so funny the day we got married. Only my immediate family knew about it. All my Aunts and Uncles and cousins got a big surprise. They both crack me up.

Everyone have a great day.:clap2:

Morning gals

well, yesterday turned out nice, quiet day, cleaned, cooked, drank with the polish neighbors. We drank an entire bottle of stolieO got home at midnight. Just before I left my neighbors, her daughter and mine were telling me how scared they were because the neighbor who hates me (remember her) well the other evil nieghbor who is the root of all this evil, tried to open the x friends "third eye" and instead claims to have opene the daughter (my dd's friend) "third eye". Ok keep your evil black shit to yourself. DD's friend told them that she hears spirts now and that "sarah & emily" are over here at my house. Now the other girl is so freaked out and scared out of her mind. They have been saying bad spirts at their house for about6 months but now they are trying to push it over here. I DON"T THINK SO! My door is not open to darkness and evil and that is how the devil wins. but anyhoo.... I draw the line here. I don't want my daughter in that. I was so furious at midnight that I was throwing up, which was not pretty, but I got the full effect of stress.

Anyway, after an 1 1/2 hr sleep I got up in the freezing cold (27degrees) and stood outside at Walmart to get a comuter, a big tv for my neighbor (she came with me) and I got a new tree and some other stuff, got home at 7:30 and went to bed. so I'm just getting in. dd & ds are now done. yipee.

i'm going to drink coffee... have to work at 1

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm back from my second go around with shopping. Things I have learned today.

#1. Don't ever do this again!!!

#2. Don't eat breakfast at 5 a.m. cause you're hungry by 10 and it throws the whole eating schedule off.

#3. Don't use your husband's credit card.. they won't accept it with his signature and not yours. grrrrrrrrrr

#4. There is nothing in this world that I need badly enough to fight little old ladies with walkers for.

#5. Don't ever do this again!!!

Feliz Viernes Negra (Happy Black Friday, i think),

What a nice day yesterday. I ate on a learning curve. I ate too much, but not as much as in the past. My MIL came and we started w/ shnitzle (pork cutlets) and German potato sal. Got stuck of course, but managed to slowly get through it. I didn't mention that while Susanne and her mom had an entire shnitzle, I had a 1/4. I didn't even try the turkey, but later I had some pork roast, small amount of German noodles and a shit load of gravy (thank God for the gravy). It took me 3 hours to get through that little bit of food. She brought pumpkin pie and I am the only one who likes it (entire thing is mine). I had 2 small slivers, no crust. I feel like I pigged out, but really...I didn't eat that much. Now for the kicker...I woke up at 6am and was at the gym by 6:30!!! I did 5 miles on the bike, 140 crunches, did my back and ass! I needed to sweat out some of that gravy. Long story long...I feel great.

Kat~ Your walk in the snow sounded magical. I am sure you and Rick feel very thankful this year!

Everyone sounded like they had a great day! Enjoy your families today. We are going out to breakfast (yes, more food) and then gonna go see American Gangster!

xoxooxxooxoxxo

I ordered my secret santa gift! Can't wait to send it! HOHOHO

Judy,

You crack me up. I have never done the Black Friday early bird thing. I always figure there is nothing I need @ 5am that I can't buy @ noon! You are a brave woman!!!

Put your feet up and take a nap!

I woke up this morning with a bad cold! I had even arranged for my nephew to come over today and help me with some things around here, but canceled that. Can't breathe, and can't stop sneezing and blowing!! YUCK!!! Good thing I took today off!

I ate pretty much yesterday, but not as much as I have in the past. Don't feel bad about it. I ate sweets and everything yesterday! But, it was at someone elses house so no leftovers!!!

I am going back to lay down!

I hate having a cold!!!

Jane

Thanks Suzie!

Janie-I hope you feel better soon!

Judy-If I could have been one of those crazy shoppers I would have been right out there too! just can't right now ;)

Pamela-I wanna see that movie too...let me know if it is any good!

Jenn-never heard of that kind of liquor before...what is it?

Well, I did eat like a cow...I am glad I did because I realized something very important...I can eat more than I should which means, I need a fill. Nothing I ate got stuck...and I ate way more than a cup, so , Dr Spivak here I come!! It was a learning experience (that I enjoyed tremendously at the time).

I need to go do some grocery shopping today. I need to do it today because it is supposed to rain rain rain Saturday & Sunday!

Have a great day everyone!!

TracyK- well, first of all, at dinner I ate a pc of roast beef and maybe 1/2 cup mashed potatoes and a couple bites of corn. it was the deserts that I still didn't eat much of but felt horribly guilty. - but still to put thing in perspective, I don't need a fill... I was stuffed on what little I ate.

StolieO is Orange Vodka... mixed with Rasp Ice Crystal Light...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm LOL... and my neighbor's hubby was filling our glasses as we were finishing them up... they are right off the boat polish and he speaks very broken english... the nicest people going...but they can drink. LOL

Hello everyone, I'm back in action! :-D

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE black friday :-D

I was one of the crazies this year and I'm officially hooked :-D I did my research starting 2 weeks ago. Thanks to black friday sales at best buy, I am sitting here using a brand new computer, with a 17" flat panel monitor...it's so new (and it's been so long since i had a new one) i'm paranoid about it! lol

But, I must be honest, my husband and I were waiting in line starting at 4:30 yesterday afternoon waiting for best buy to open at 5am today :-D See, at 3am they start handing out tickets for the BIG ticket items.

I got my entire new desktop (with free 3-in-1 printer) for $379.99 +tax, and we got my hubby a brand new laptop computer (with free 3-in-1 printer) for $229.99 +tax....ALSO I got a 2G MP3 player for $34.99 +tax and a 2G Flash drive for $14.99 + tax. MIL paid us back for hubby's laptop though - that's his christmas present from her this year :-D But he has to wait till Christmas for it. :whoo::whoo:

Anywho, so I love black friday now and next year we will start camping out at 11am on Thursday just so that we can be closer to the front of the line...next year we'll be buying an HDTV :-)

Anywho, eating has been WAY off track, won't even go there, hopefully now that i have a new computer and can get onhere more often (for the mental kick in the rear I need) I can stop this insanity.

I do not have time to go back and play catch up on all the posts, so I pray everyone is doing well and that everyone had a safe and happy Turkey Day :-D

-Panda-

hi gals

just getting in from work ... going on 4 hrs sleep since Thanksgiving am at 8 when I woke up... needless to say, I'm about to fall over.

my new furniture came tonight when I was at work. OMG I love it even more than I thought, I'll have to take pics. I love it and my crazy sofa sleeper/loveseat I've had in my office for years is now out in the front room and it works so nice with the new stuff. Maybe I'll take pics Sunday when I finish getting my decorations up. Mom bought me a new tree today so I have it up and it is absolutely beautiful, $166 regular price at Walmart and is perfect and the nicest one I've seen and we have been looking everywhere.

well, wonder where I got my bad spending habits from and why the pay I get now is such a culture shock. I try to control her because I've learned a lot the last year, but it makes her happy so I'll take my new furniture and thank her 1000 times

night.. ttyl

Good Saturday Morn, Vi's!~~

"Home again, home again, jiggity jig!"

We're home! A nice easy drive last night for dh... made it in record time. Had a lovely, RELAXING time at the in-laws'... the only place on earth where I can ENTIRELY relax... I have no "must do's" or responsibilities there... I slept in... read magazines... took naps... enjoyed lovely meals that I didn't have to prepare... watched tv... napped... ahhhhh. But about 2 days of that & I'm climbing the walls, so now it's back to active reality!

DD & I are going to my mom's today because my aunt & uncle and ALL their children (my cousins) and THEIR children and my aunt's family + other cousins, etc. & so forth will be @ her house for "Thanksgiving". I'm going mostly so I can help my mom... as they sort of just descend on her & I think she enjoys it but it also makes her crazy, so I'm going to run interference, do dishes, keep things picked up, etc... & maybe take mom out for a Starbucks' just to get her out for awhile. She's the kindest, most welcoming person in the world, and I think this branch of the family tree takes a bit of advantage of that... grrrrr. Not w/me there, they won't!

Make it a great day, Vi's!

Good morning!! Feeling much better!! I am glad because I need to go to work!!

To everyone that shopped on Black Friday, WOW you got some great great deals!!! I am going to stick to Judys rules about Black Friday. TracyKS did you get the wii that you stayed up late for the other night? Someone brought a wii to Thanksgiving, all I can say is who thinks that stuff up and how is it able to do that???? We were bowling! It seems like it would be kind of easy to make an interactive exercise video though?!?

Have a great day!!!

Jane

Morning, Got up and it's snowing outside so I decided not to go to Curves. Actually it is only flurrying but people get wacky in this type of weather and that is when accidents happen. I'll try later in the day to go to the park and do some laps.

We stayed up late last night playing cards with some friends of ours. It's a game called "Sh*t on your neighbor". We always have a great time playing and sometimes our conversations get so hilarious we almost wet our pants. It's a lot of fun.

Glad to hear that everyone had a great Thanksgiving but I was wondering if TracyKS got gobbled up in all the shopping frenzy. We haven't heard form her. Hope she is having a good time.

Everyone stay warm and have a great day.:)