Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I love love love Martini & Rossi Asti...but I am too scared to drink it now because it is bubbley.

I have had no carbonated drinks since the surgery either...too scared!

Judy-love your new avatar pic!

By the way judy-love the ring

Denise-thanks for sharing the ultrasound pic!! So sweet!

Kat-you will be in my prayers tomorrow~

Hey Violets~

I just made something that smells so good. Turkey Joes! We are having a pot luck tomorrow. So in the crocker I have browned ground turkey (my new fav), cooked w/ garlic and onions; 3 cans of sloppy joes sauce; and 2 med cans of corn. I have tons of little rolls (none for me). I am gonna cook it tomorrow in my classroom for 4 hours, and then by 11:30, it should be perfect. I am gonna have some, just no bread (especially rolls, PB for sure). Just thought I'd share.

I am off for my meeting!

Ugh!

My Internet connection has been out all day. The Comcast guy came but didn't fix it. Says it's something outside the house & has to schedule another guy to do that. Then dd comes home and does something to it and it works. But it's been spotty on & off for a month, so if they want to come out & check the lines, then fine. Whatever. But boy did I have withdrawal!

I finally dozed off at about 4am. That was weird. Haven't had insomnia like that in a LONG time.

The cat didn't come back 'til about 7p tonight... stupid cat. His name is "Mo" (it was "Moses" when we got him from the pound)... but we swear it stands for "Mo - ron!"

I ate ok today & did my aqua exercising... still up tho... teensy tinsy movement down, but barely registering at all... .10s of a pd don't thrill me... no call yet to go back to doc's... waaah.

I think I'm going to bed... need to make up for last night. Cross your fingers that I'm not back down here @ 2am again!

Oh -- NO carbonation for me, not even a sip, since, well, way before May 15 of this year... my doc's instructions read like Judy's & I figure it's there for a reason... & flat soda doesn't sound appealing... but man, is it just me, or can Judy make a slushie CL sound tropical and festive or what??!

G'night, Vi's! :)

TracyK-- That is so awesome. You must be so proud of yourself. Thanks for being an inspiration to me. I have a goal to reach for and that is to be as deligent as you.

I have an NSV, Today we left Helena and stopped in Billings at the Harley Davidson store. Told hubby we could get him a t-shirt form there. I found a grey hooded sweat jacket and tried it on. Very snug but fit. It's a 3X. I haven't worn a 3X in about 20 years. My husband was more excited than I was. I had the lady cut the tags off and I wore it out of the store and all the way to our next hotel. Stopping in at Sturgis tomorrow, wonder what I will find there. This is so cool to be able to go into stores and wear stuff off the rack. I'll miss ordering from the catalog. Hubby's waiting for spring so he can get the Harley back out to ride.

Driving to Sioux Falls tomorrow and will spend the night there and than the next day it should take us about 7 hours to get home. I'll be glad. I miss the comforts of home. But I have to admit that we are having an excellent time. Didn't know what to expect with traveling with my sister-in-law and her husband. We have just clicked and we've laughed and told stories an have really enjoy each other.

Oh, forgot to mention that we had our first up closs snow for the year. Although I couldn't get hubby to stop so I could throw a snowball at him. It was really beautiful seeing everything cover. The trees were so pretty.

Everyone have a great day, :clap2:

Well I made it through all my pre op tests----I guessI passed, surgery is still on! The only really disconcerting thing, is that the mass on my thyroid is so big I cannot breath when lying on my back anymore, so I have to be awake when they intubate me! If I am unconcious, from anesthetic, it will sag back, and close off, keeping them from inserting the tube. So while they will do it in the OR and immediately put me out after it goes in, I must be awake to assist in that fun part. I was so stressed I am surprised I didn't bawl my eyes out over that bit of news...oh well, I understand the problem, it is one of the biggies! I would prefer to be prepared. I call tomorrow between 11 and 2 to get the time of surgery.

Come home, got my laundry done from our TX trip, have things set aside to take to the hospital---need to vaccuum tomorrow, and the house will be as clean as it is getting!!

Tomorrow I am going shopping with my Mom, also going for a pedicure! I need a couple of V neck t-shirts. Something cheap, loose & comfy! Lookout Walmart here I come!

I can drink carbonation in small sips---my Dr.'s handout showed them off limits for 3 months, then in limited amounts, and preferably flat. I personally opt not to drink it on a regular basis.

I have not tried anything like champagne, or beer---just a drink or 2 of Diet DP. It is not something that tastes like I remember it---so just usually don't bother. Prefer iced tea!

Pamela, I kind of expected the answer I got about the parents of your students!

Be back in a little while, going to go cut Ricks hair.< /strong>

Kat

Kat~ I gotta admit that when I read your post, I teared up. You are stronger than I am to be awake during that. I won't say anymore...just rock on sister, stay strong, and you know we are all sending some MAJOR PURPLE POWER TO NEW MEXICO ON FRIDAY!!! When will you be home? Keep us posted.

I am sorry if my post this morning was abrasive. That was not my intention. I just get so pissed at some of these parents who feel entitled.

xoxoxoxoxooxoxox

Night guys

I'm just getting in from work,..

Kat - SUPER PURPLE HUGS TO YOU

It is going to be a night, of what ever, we use to go to CT once a month for his drill for the Navy, we never took the kids, and since His accident and having to retire... there has been none of that

i'll talk to you all in the am

Good evening, Violets....

Just in from the hot tub. It's raining outside so I'm wet from head to toe, but it sure feels good. My knee and achy body are feeling back to normal. Ethan comes in the morning for the day.

Kat... loads of prayers headed your way for surgery on Friday. Wish we could all be there to hold your hand. Just know we all will be waiting to hear how everything went and will be anxiously waiting for you to get back to us!!

Pamela.. your Turkey joes sound delicious!!

Suzie... congrats on the NSV!! Those are always just what we need to keep motivated!

Michelle.. Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Everyone else have a restful evening and tomorrow is a new day!!

Patience, Trust and WWJD??!!!

Sweet dreams and remember tommorrow is another CTCD!!!

This was such a good idea Terry!!!

I don't really like carbonation, but have had a few diet sodas and have had no problem. The problem is I am WAY to cheap and thrifty to pay for Water, so out of principle I will have a soda if no other alternative exists!

Kat my thoughts are with you through the next few days. Will you have to stay in the hospital long?

Judy, glad your knee is better.

Everyone have a good sleep and wake up to a healthy eating day tomorrow!!

Jane

Kat-you will be in my prayers tomorrow~

Yes I am quoting yself. LOL

Yesterday when I posted this for Kat I thought that it was Thursday...this morning when I woke up I thought today was Friday. Then I read Kats post and realized I am a day ahead of myself. Ugh, I'll be OK. So let me say it again:

Kat-you'll be in my prayers tomorrow!

Suzie-thanks for the kind words! I wish we had some snow...that is a rare thing for us.

Everyone have a great Thursday (I have to keep reminding myself what day it is).

Terri-where are you??

off to a seminar and no time to read........

scale 209, Cody talked to the new scout leader and he is going on a campout with them TOMORROW! He starts school today too..... (was a good night)

have a grea day Vi's

So that brings another question... who can do carbonation?

Just curious... and trying to make a distraction to my/our very stressful week.

My dr said that as long as it doesn't cause pain, we can have carbonation -- as long as it's diet! Which is fine by me. I was never MUCH of a soda drinker, but there are times when CL isn't available and I want something flavored..... Sprite Zero tastes JUST like regular sprite to me, and ya know, i just like all diet drinks...usually prefer them to regular versions anyway (since I was a kid I've liked the diet ones better). But I do try to get Water usually.

Morning gals

Tracy - it is actually CTCD.... so don't you forget it. LOL

I slept like I was dead last night, I had to call my cousin last night, something I was avoiding because I knew this would be so real when I did. I started to cry my eyes out. Today seeing my aunt is going to be a huge reality check for me and it is not going to be pretty.

My cousins wife said to me if there was anything she could do because she knew how close bunny *(my aunt) and I were I lost it.

anyway, I have so much to do today and tomorrow is the funeral and then work at 1:30 ish. I'll check in later.