Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

YAY everyone for the successes on CTCD!!

Laura-I agree with Terri....talk about a life change! They are so worth it but if I were you I would wait too. I did not have my dd until I was 38. (kind of late I know, but I did not think I could have kids...surprise!!) Now, I am glad that I had all of those years before she came along to do exactly what I wanted to do and when. Freedom to jump up and go somewhere spur of the moment is really underrated!! You are still young....enjoy yourself!

Everyone have a super evening!!

Ok, at mom and dad's for a few, but still don't have long.

I will go vote on a house for May in just aminute. Gald to hear we've narrowed it down...

I love the thought of Cut the Crap day! It perfectly coincides with "Doughnut Thursday" at my job...so that'll be my big challenge, but I'm up for it!! :-D It'll help keep me away from them.

Job is driving me nuts. I almost cried I was so stressed today. And i have to go in at 6am tomorrow...on VERY little sleep (i have to clean my whole house when i get home cuz i'mhaving a Premier Designs party at my house tomorrow at 7).

I'm going to be alone from now until sometime Monday :-( Mom and dad took my hubby hunting in KY. Gonna be all by my lonesome :-( dunno what to do with myself when he's not with me. Pretty sad huh?

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll try to poke back in sometime this weekend :)

TTYL!

Well great Cut the Crap Day!!! No sweets for me and I ate a container of yogurt!!

I thought the place where the violets were staying didn't have bedrooms?? Just a room with beds, did I dream this?? Or should I say nightmare this?

I went to the Dr. today and no fill for me. She wants me to do some weight training. Money is very tight right now so I don't really want to join a gym, any suggestions or websites that might help? When I walked on my treadmill tonight I did use some hand weights and she did suggest that, any others??

I go back in a month, maybe for a fill???

Well have a gopod night everyone and heres to a great Friday!!

Jane

Hi gals

well, glad you all had such a good CTCD. I on the other hand pushed it. I wanted a couple of wings, they are baked and I usually eat them all the time. Well after 3 days of Protein Shakes and a small salad with chicken salad on top. I choked on 3 small wings... ok, choke is an understatement... SLIME, throw up... couldn't breathe...

so ... here is the lesson..DON'T CHEAT ON CTCD!!!!

Amanda

Hi gals

well, glad you all had such a good CTCD. I on the other hand pushed it. I wanted a couple of wings, they are baked and I usually eat them all the time. Well after 3 days of Protein Shakes and a small salad with chicken salad on top. I choked on 3 small wings... ok, choke is an understatement... SLIME, throw up... couldn't breathe...

so ... here is the lesson..DON'T CHEAT ON CTCD!!!!

Amanda - so glad you are back safe and sound!

well, off to bed...

it is going to be a rough road... but... at least it looks like I'll be off Monday and Tuesday next week, what a great feeling 2 days off together.

I really need a day job. :)

Ok, I've been outed, or at least caught. I do confess that I am the one you see all the time. I have one thing to say about it. I love all of you and owe you all a debt of gratitude. You have gotten me thru alot. I come here and read all your stories and can't help but be moved and inspired by your daily struggles. Thinking I was the only one going thru it. You guys have become a part of my life and I hate when I have to wait so long to get back online to see what is going on.

Here's my story. In April of 2006 I started looking into having the band installed. I had to go thru alot because my insurance company required it. I had to go thru the six month diet and pshyc evals and a few other things. Finally I got my date. October 19th of 2006 I entered Menorah Hospital and was greeted by the most wonderful Doctor that was put on this earth. Dr. Stephen Malley has changed my life for the better and I will always hold him in high esteem. Even though I walked into this with my eyes wide open I soon found that it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. My faith has gotten me thru alot but I just needed that little extra ummph. So the road led me to reading the post on the Doctor's website. And this my new friends (if I may call you that) is where I met an extrodinary girl. Her name is TracyinKS. She encouraged people to come to Lap-bandtalk and so here I am.

I have often thought that I needed to join in on the conversations since a lot of them echo my own feelings and thoughts. One that was so funny was a couple of weeks ago I went to Dairy Queen and had a blizzard. The next day I started reading how everyone started to confess that they had done the same thing. Home. I found home. I even joined in on Don't do the crap days. So far it's worked today but I'm coming off of three days of not eating anyway. I've had that stomach flu crap that's going around here in the midwest.

October 19th was my one year bandiversary and I am 119lbs lighter because of it. I lost some of that prior to being banded but Doctor Malley still considers it in his charts. I look forward to being able to chat with you guys and hope that some day I will be alble to meet Tracy in person at one of the support meetings.

So, that is my short and sweet story. I didn't want to bore you guys too bad. Thanks for being an inspiration to me and keep up the good work.

Your new friend Suziecat. :clap2:

Welcome suziecat, what a touching story!!

If anyone wants to read the book by the Ali girl "Fighting Weight" I will mail it to you. Just send me your address and it is in the mail!

Jane

Happy Thursday Violets!

Well this has been a good week - no I haven't lost a pound. LOL

But Monday I got a raise and a $2000 bonus - today the COO walks in and hands me the Christmas bonuses for the staff....everyone is opening theirs and I went back into my office to check mine out (thinking I'm going to get $1000 each like they did...) Imagine my surprise when I saw a $5000 check!!! Talk about happy!! I'm going shopping this weekend!

Hi Suzie!! I started that "blizzard confession"...I had no idea that so many of us had done the same thing that day. Thats what happens when the site goes down for a day..I lose my everloving mind...LOL Welcome to the group. I am so glad that Tracy#1 started this thread. As you can see, we are like family. I have seen you lurking too. I am glad Terri said something to you!

Good morning violets!! TGIF!!!!

Denise-congrats on the bonus & raise. That is awesome. We get christmas bonuses too, but our company does not hand them out until the week before christmas. Makes it hard to go shopping!

Everyone have a great Friday!

Welcome Suziecat

I have seen you out there too, it is so nice of you to join us! Your story sounds very similar to mine. I started in Feb of 06 and was going to have surgery by time I did all kinds of crazy stuff in October and then dbf was in a horrible accident and I had the first of many nervous breakdowns - so I become an official Shriking Violet! Anyway, you know our stories so welcome... and check out our trip in May-

Morning gals - i'm up for a crazy friday, running like a mad woman - going to the gym, shopping, shower, and work. I'm tird already

Hi Everyone!

CTCD - excellent idea - count me in. Yesterday my husbands Aunt and Uncle visited and the only Crap I did eat was a bit of Homemade Fudge that they brought to us -- ;)

SuzieCat -- I agree "I love all of you VIOLET'S and owe you all a debt of gratitude. You have gotten me thru alot. I come here and read all your stories and can't help but be moved and inspired by your daily struggles. Thinking I was the only one going thru it. You guys have become a part of my life and I hate when I have to wait so long to get back online to see what is going on." I could have wrote this myself - thanks Suziecat!

I also had the DQ Blizzard - but did not confess on here -- but how can we VIOLET's explain that many having one at that particular time?? It was the first for me since being banded -- that is erie I think.

TODAY is my 7th month of being banded - and I started this Weight Loss-regain my life journey 7 months before that.

I have lost 50lbs since surgery (7 lbs per month avg) and I lost

46lbs prior surgery. I am struggling to get to the 100 lbs lost mark - but with my VIOLET's - I will get there.

The Braclet that Terri made me helps tremedously!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Since surgery - as follows:1st month - 11lbs112nd month - 6lbs173rd month - 6lbs234th month - 6lbs295th month - 10lbs396th month - 6lbs457th month - 5lbs 50

Welcome, Suziecat!

Janie... In Prevention magazine (which is a great mag for us healthy gals, btw) there was a comparison of weights, resistance balls & bands, & pilates-type workouts, and the resistance bands won for most effective! Cheap & easy! See the link below for complete info!

Body Sculpting with Balls and Bands - Prevention.com

Make it a great day, everyone!

Drum roll please........ (and yes, I want a couple banana boobies).......249.8!!!! I am not gonna claim it until I see it for a few days, (ala Haydee)...but OMG...OMG...OMG. I feel like a freakin princess! I haven't seen 24something (even if it is 9.8z) in so long. I thought I was failing...but I am not, just slow!!! I'm just slow!!! Slow!!!! (Where is the short bus????). Anyway, even if it goes away for a day or 3, I saw 24something. Yeah for me!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Going to a BBQ potluck thingy w/ Susanne. It is at our friends who bought that new house! I am bringing Filet Mingon (sp) and hope I can eat it. I am a bit scared. I went out last night and had a burger w/ grilled onions and mustard and a salad. I could barely eat the salad (protien first) but was stuffed. Funny thing is that Susanne and our friend both had a burger w/ fries and cleaned their plate. Now for Susanne, it was her first meal all day (yes, she does that)...but still... that was a lot of food! That is what I love about the band, and why I opted to get it, is that I eat real food. I walked out w/ the same onion breath they had...just no carbs, and felt very full. Did I mention 249??? I'll stop now!

Have a great day! I agree w/ Suzie and Gina....you all rock and I would've never made it to 249 w/o you. I love you all, my powerful purple sistas!

xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoox