Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Jenn - My son had TEN teeth pulled at the same time before his braces....I was so worried!!! But he actually did very, very well and only took his pain medication because I MADE him on the first night! LOL He never took anything else after that...maybe some tylenol. He did look kinda toothless for quite some time after that!! Took forever for those permanent teeth to come in!!

That is good to know, I have never even had a cavity so I am not the best person to be moral support for her. But dentist thinks if he pulls them now we can prevent braces

TRACYK - Congrats, girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are quickly becoming a mentor yourself!! Look how well you have done....losing very steadily and quickly all along the way. I'M SO JEALOUS!!! (but very happy for you!!!) What size are you in now?? Your clothes must be huge on you!

I was thinking the same thing.... What are you doing Tracy??? There was once a day we were within a lb or 2 of each other... now I need 20 to catch up... I am sooooooooo jealous... 20lbs... I would be so stinking happy.

any chicago violets out there... I came accross this on another forumn (not band related)

http://surveylink.yahoo.com/wix/p4147545.aspx

Welcome, and thanks for taking our survey! This survey should take you about fifteen minutes to complete.

Yahoo! is looking for people interested in participating in a 3 hour user research session held at Yahoo!'s Chicago offices. If you are chosen to participate, you will be paid $250 at the end of your scheduled session. If you are interested in participating, please answer our questions.

Yahoo! will not release any of the personal information collected from you in this survey, but may share aggregated responses with its partners pursuant to the Yahoo! Privacy Policy. (Please read Yahoo!'s Privacy Policy to learn how we use the personal information collected in this survey.)

OK, let's get started!

Morning guys!

Ok, I screwed up yesterday. We went to a new restaurant Phukit (Fuck it!), it's a thai place. I'm not a thai fan, but I have wanted to try it. So I ordered some plain chicken something, no carbs yay. Well it was NASTY!!! And my parents ordered crunchy shrimp sushi rolls.. since I couldn't eat my chicken, and this was after 1.5 hours in the gym (woosh), I needed to eat. So I had about 4 pieces of the sushi. All that rice. Waaaah.

269lb this morning. I'm IN THE 60's! HELLS YA!

Laura, the 60's are a great place to be!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy that is also great about your weight loss, inspires us all to get moving!!!

TracyKS hope you feel better soon, you sure have had a great start to your week?!?

Terry that fish recipe really sounded good!!

Well have a great day and I am off to work!!

Jane

Morning all,

Getting ready to leave to go be with grandma. I won't be back until Sunday night. Everyone be good while I'm gone! Terry, I'll post the chili recipe when I come back... Bye!

More than half way through my 2liter of CL!
Good girl, Tracy!! :clap2:

Hey, I have an idea. Wanna commit to one or two days a week where junk* food is strictly prohibited?? We can do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays and give it some catchy name. (Any ideas?)

*If you don't know what qualifies as junk food, just ask me!!! :confused:

Attention Everyone Who Is Attending the Vi's Get-Together in MD Next May!!

Do I have your full attention?

Really?

Are you sure??

Ok then... please proceed in an orderly fashion to the NEW post: Shrinkin' Vi's Bandiversary Blow-Out Planning Post #2: Pick the House!

Where you can check out the 3 choices & vote on the one you'd enjoy!

Quick!

Go!

Now!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HUNGRY!! What is going on?? I haven't felt like this in, well, 5 months!! Ack!!

Attention Everyone Who Is Attending the Vi's Get-Together in MD Next May!!

Do I have your full attention?

Really?

Are you sure??

Ok then... please proceed in an orderly fashion to the NEW post: Shrinkin' Vi's Bandiversary Blow-Out Planning Post #2: Pick the House!

Where you can check out the 3 choices & vote on the one you'd enjoy!

Quick!

Go!

Now!

I was there and voted. I'm so ready, my bags are packed. Or not... nothing is going to fit me in May. LOL

I am heading out to the gym then off to work. It is so very cold out side.

I DID IT! I drank the entire 2 liter... I'm still thirsty :confused:

also I'm hungry too! I have no idea what I'm fixing for dinner... grrrr

Terry,

I am in for a Tues/Thurs ban! That is a great idea. Then if we start freakin out, we know we only have to survive the day!

Cut the Crap Days

Too Tight T Days (Too Tight, as in my pants)

Healthy T Days

BACK AWAY FROM THE JUNK DAYS

Who else is in? I am sure, most of you NEVER eat junk food, so this won't apply to you, lol!

GO VOTE!!! I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!

Pamela-thanks for the shakin boobies!! Made my day!! :)

Terri-clothes? well I went to Walmart and bought about 4 pairs of 12/14 (not W) jeans. They have elastic, but only in the back, not all the way around. They are starting to get loose, but still wearable. I am going to get some 8/10s and see what happens. I have not worn that size since probably, well, never. As far as shirts go I still have to wear XL because my upper half is larger than my lower half thanks to my V shaped body. But the upside of the XL is that I was in 3X and 4X before the band :) I wear mainly t-shirts because that is just the kind of laid back place I work. Thank God.

Jennifer-what have I been doing? I just make sure I do not eat any bread, rice, Pasta (at all) no sodas, I get in about 50-60 grams of Protein, mainly with slimfast low carb and I make sure I eat no more than 900 calories per day. Oh, and crystal light and Water till I think I am gonna puke. When I wake up I have the "for just today" attitude. For just today, please God let me stay away from the bag of Honey BBQ Doritos in the kitchen...my goodness those things ROCK! LOL

Thank you ll for being so supportive. I really could not be doing as well as I am without ya'll.

I have said this before but I will say it again....sometimes it is hard for me to type in a weight loss in here because I know that there are some that have been stuck on the same numbers for so long. I feel kinda guilty. But, I got a real tongue lashing (especially from Judy) last time I said that. So I promised then I will continue to post my losses.

Everyone have a great evening! Gonna go check out our vacation thread!!

Tracy,

You own it girl! I am 252 this am...my lowest since the band was 250. I am proud of my loss, could be more, could be less. Everyone's successes keep all of us motivated. I know it will happen for me too, hell, it is happening. I am exercising, no bread, rice or Pasta (have had small amounts of pasta, capellini) I drink about 50 oz of Water, and I've been exercising. I feel fabulous and can't complain! Own it honey, you deserve it!

I bought that talipia (sp) but my study buddy is here tonight and she likes salmon. So, I am baking salmon now, artichoke hearts to top, w/ fresh dill (yum), small salad, and steamed veggies. Thanks Terry for the suggestion. Susanne and I will try the other fish this weekend!

have a good afternoon!

xoxoxox