Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

OMG I just tried on a pair of pants that I haven't received in 2 yrs...they fit!!!! Size 20 (I started this journey in a size 24)...woohoo!!! My first NSV!!!

Great job, Denise!!!

I had one of those today too!! When I was teaching I bought a jacket that I loved.. it has our school logo on one side and "Teach" on the other. I haven't been able to wear it zipped up in several years. I put it on today and it fit.. ZIPPED up!!!!

Aren't these little milestones just the best?????!!!

Gotta go sing and play flute at a concert tonight. I'll check in before I head to bed. We leave in the morning to go down for DH's surgery!!

Teach -- Best wishes to your DH. Tell him he's got a whole crew of purple angels praying for him. What an exciting journey for you two. My DH is not a candidate but he sure does love food...and all the wrong ones! He's working out with me, so he should probably lose about 20# along the way too. That'll be good. We'll both be HOT by Christmas!

Went shopping again today and bought some work clothes...tops that should fit thru another 15-20# loss. (How's that for wishful thinking?) Bought 16W pants and even fit into some regular women's XL's! Gawd, I'll be so glad to get back into 'regular' clothes again. Maybe by August! :)

<p>Hello Everyone,</p> <p> </p> <p>Went shopping, Size 24 jeans are to big now, went for the size 22 and they are saggy in front and back but the size 20 I bought is just right. yay</p>

I'm back for a minute.. The concert went very, very well. We got a standing ovation. Now I can focus on DH and thanks Terry and Laura for your good wishes. DH says there's nothing better than a purple angel as far as he's concerned. I'll try and check in Tuesday after his surgery and let you know how everything went. He's a little apprehensive, but I know I can help him through this having just been there, done that a month and a half ago.

We're going to go hit the hot tub for the last time together for awhile. He'll have to wait until his incisions heal before he can go back in again. Take care everyone. Have a great evening and remember to follow those bandster rules!!

Teach -- Best wishes to your DH!!!!!

Have a great day and fast recovery tomorrow!

Gina

Judy

my thoughts are with you and DH. I am sure you have and will do a great job to show him the way!

Keep us posted!

hugs

LauraJ23... congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Go to youtube.com and do a search for "wedding dirty dancing" and see the videos of the couples' first dance to "I've had the Time of My lIfe"... from Dirty Dancing0 they got the choreography down perfect and it is absolutely hilarious! Looks like all the weddings guests were suprised with the funny first dance!

Hi everyone! DH bought a new computer----I HATE it! Now not only am I having to adjust to a new site, the new computer and the new Vista edition----I am just not a happy camper!! I told him he better figure out how to network my old one in, I want it back. It had problems galore, but I liked it! The monitor on this new one is bigger than the TV I lived with before I married him all those years ago!!! He could not believe I was happy with a 19" TV. Now we have big screens, and my computer monitor is 22"............it distorts everything it looks like to me. I am trying to convince him to return it....we'll see.

We had a lazy weekend. Rick worked part of it, I got the house cleaned, and some more flowers put out. Tonight I went to a friends baby shower.

Well this is giving me a headache trying to figure it all out....will work on it tomorrow. Y'all take care.

Judy---hugs and good wishes to you and your DH---all will go well!!!

Kat

Hey Violets - I've got a question.

How did your incisions look at 5 weeks post op?

I was banded 4/24 (it will be 5 weeks on Tuesday). 2 of my incisions seem like little craters, the other 3 are fine.

Is this normal?

Morning everyone

what a crazy weekend. I am getting ready to go talk to nutritionist. I am the same weight I was 2 weeks ago so lets see what she says about that. I just changed to her at the end of March and I don't quite know how I feel about her. either way, I need food help, and that is what she is there for. She has a dietician but for some reason I never get to see her, it is kind of frustrating. Oh well. My degree should be here today or tomorrow, actually I think I will track the Fedex package in a few, so I can update my resume 'officially" and start really pounding the pavement for a job. I hope that helps.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted. Have a great day

Teach -- Best wishes and all my good thoughts for your dh today!

Jenn -- May today be the day you've been waiting for!

Today is Day 8 on liquids, only 7 to go --- look, the numbers have shifted! I'm on the downward side of it! Yay!

Still feeling anxious & questioning my decision to have this done. Can't talk w/dh about it as he's never thought it was a good idea. I think I'd better not read any more posts anywhere else but this one, because when I do, every time I read about an issue/problem, etc., I become convinced that that'll happen to me! I know it's skewed... I know that most folks who are doing just great w/the band don't post as much as those w/issues, but it just *seems* like there are so many folks w/issues.

I think "Maybe I didn't give diet/exercise enough of a chance... maybe I should give that one more SERIOUS try." Then I think "Uh, Hello??? You've tried that route for what -- 20+ years! -- w/out success... what will make this time different?" and then I think "Having the band as a tool"... and so it goes... I guess I'm just scared.

This is what I want/expect: that I'll get the band, I'll go through the healing process, I'll get my fills, and then, ultimately, I'll be able to eat pretty much anything (bread,etc., I understand most likely not) but just less of it. Period. I don't want to be living on smoothies & crackers and eating only after 4pm... I don't want to go to sleep w/a cup for sliming in on the bedside table... I don't want to slime every day... I just want to EAT LESS of regular foods and LOSE WEIGHT in a healthful way.

Assure me that this is the way to achieve that!

I really am in a state. It's been for the past few days. Getting worse each day. Usually I'm fine in the a.m. but as the day goes on I get more mental. Help?

Teach -- Best wishes and all my good thoughts for your dh today!

Jenn -- May today be the day you've been waiting for!

Today is Day 8 on liquids, only 7 to go --- look, the numbers have shifted! I'm on the downward side of it! Yay!

Still feeling anxious & questioning my decision to have this done. Can't talk w/dh about it as he's never thought it was a good idea. I think I'd better not read any more posts anywhere else but this one, because when I do, every time I read about an issue/problem, etc., I become convinced that that'll happen to me! I know it's skewed... I know that most folks who are doing just great w/the band don't post as much as those w/issues, but it just *seems* like there are so many folks w/issues.

I think "Maybe I didn't give diet/exercise enough of a chance... maybe I should give that one more SERIOUS try." Then I think "Uh, Hello??? You've tried that route for what -- 20+ years! -- w/out success... what will make this time different?" and then I think "Having the band as a tool"... and so it goes... I guess I'm just scared.

This is what I want/expect: that I'll get the band, I'll go through the healing process, I'll get my fills, and then, ultimately, I'll be able to eat pretty much anything (bread,etc., I understand most likely not) but just less of it. Period. I don't want to be living on smoothies & crackers and eating only after 4pm... I don't want to go to sleep w/a cup for sliming in on the bedside table... I don't want to slime every day... I just want to EAT LESS of regular foods and LOSE WEIGHT in a healthful way.

Assure me that this is the way to achieve that!

I really am in a state. It's been for the past few days. Getting worse each day. Usually I'm fine in the a.m. but as the day goes on I get more mental. Help?

Mdrai: We all know exactly how you feel, we all felt that way before surgery! I was banded April 11 and have not slimed, pb'd, and can eat any time of the day or night. The quantity is what is different. I have a very big restriction (this is without a fill), so I'm eating about 1/4 cup of solids per meal. I know that this will loosen up, but for now, it's great! It will not be a "piece of cake" (no pun intended!), but neither is loosing weight the old fashion way. Getting the weight off isn't easy, but so very worth it! Hang in there, you can do it! :)

If you want the band you need to surrender~ just surrender, take a deep breath, and relax. I know your scared, but you've done your homework, and you know you want this right? I did not let myself think about it. I would read the posts, and then get scared and run over to the before/after pic thread. Hell, I went through them again last night for about 2 hours.

What you need to understand is that you are in control of what you put in your mouth. You will learn your limits. Look at Terry, she had one bad experience in weeks, and now she knows about bread. There are many people who have never PB'd, or slimed (lucky bastards).

You've wanted this for a long time. Surrender to it now...only read positive threads (you already know the bad stuff)...meditate (started doing this this weekend as my psychologist reccommended, wonderful)...pray (if your so inclined)...take a deep breath.

You can do this, we all "freaked out" too. I was in preop, talking to everyone and my partner. When they started to roll my bed towards the room, I burst out balling, not just crying but sobbing. I said, "keep rolling me, just ignore me." I was just so scared. Then I got my "happy shot" and the rest is history!!!:biggrin1: