Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I really felt the words that lunasa wrote about secretly eating. I have done the same, or acted like I was ordering for more than just me...

Jane

I could have written this myself.

And I was in serious denial about my weight. I convinced myself that I didn't really look that fat, or at least that the poeple that saw me on a regular basis weren't noticing the slow-but-steady weight gain.

In my personal life, I have had a hard day and I want to binge eat so badly. Since I have little restriction, I am having to resist the urge myself. I think I may need outside help- like over-eaters anoymous or something.

Has anyone ever gotten

a type of counseling

for out-of-control eating???

Can't say I am in counseling just for the addictive overeating, but I am in counseling and that is a big part that we deal with. I really have made a lot of strides since I have been seeing counselor, but even with her I don't lie, I just don't tell all that is there. I was really surprised when I took my picture before surgery that I was overweight. I was probably 200 pounds overweight when I started this journey in August of last year, lap band was not an alternative for me since my insurance wouldn't cover it. I was just going to have hernia repaired. The Dr. wanted me to lose 50 pounds, so slowly but surely I did, then I started thinking that it is about the cost of a new car, and I have a 2000, and God forbid something happen I plan to keep it for a long time, so I got a home equity loan and the rest is band history. But, if I think for one minute that is the easy answer I am fooling myself. I do think sometimes its going to be easy. Boy am I in trouble! that is why I am going to keep working with my counselor who believes in the small steps. Sorry this is long. But I gradually added more fruits and veges to my diet she was thrilled. I think she would be thrilled with one extra piece of broccoli. Same with the whole grains. When I first started on my treadmill, she said two minutes every few days, before surgery I was doing about 20 minutes most everyday. So slowly but surely hopefully this will be my life and I will be thinner and healthier.

Sorry again for the length.

Jane

ps. Thanks Kat about the cake I was feeling kind of guilty!

Laura... I just spent the time from my last post looking at that site...

WRONG thing to do when I'm hungry..... and OH MAN.. it has me thinking..

Just HOW MANY FRICKEN CALORIES DID I USED TO EAT?????????

That's just what I've been thinking lately, too! DH and I eat out for 95% of our meals and although I was always trying to make healthy choices apparently there is no such thing on most menus! After eating 800 cals/day for 4 weeks, even w/o restriction...and surviving....I realize just how much garbage I did eat. I am so happy to have this band, and i am even happier that I'm getting filled on Friday. I have really been going hog wild for the past few days and it's gotta stop. I'm gonna go count my calories now...even though I don't want to. :)

Hi All,

You all sound so great. I was banded on 4/5 and have been doing great except lately I am very hungry. I know this is called bandster hell but man it sucks I have no restriction. I can't eat like I used to but I can eat more than a cup. I haven't lost a pound since starting mushies and I started exerscing (walking four times a week) Tell me it will get better!!!.

Gal - Maybe we should go visit the Feb or March bandsters!! You sound just like me and we were banded at the same time. Now I understand all those folks when they would be SO grateful for restriction and wanting fills, etc. We get a taste of it for a couple of weeks and think, "Hey, this is easy! I'm never hungry!!" Oops. :ermm: I felt like I ate like a pig today...went over and counted my calories and it totalled "only" 1500. Still good, but way way over what I was eating. All I can do is try again tomorrow. I've been burning 250-300 cals 5x a week and haven't lost any weight in quite a while either. It will get better. We know that. In our heads we know that.

Ladies,

I feel your pain. I have zero restriction and I have been hungry quite a bit. I did awful for about a week but I have been back on track and sticking to the 3 meals/1 cup a serving and I am surviving. Although I still hear the peanut M&Ms calling me from the vending machine. Next week is my first fill & I can't wait! :)

Tracy - How's work going?? You handling alright? Taking it easy when you get home in the evening?

I am still ok with my meals and 3tbs - but i find at times i need a snack.< /p>

Chili, yum that sounded so good i just made some, diet addition but still good, i had to try some

3cans black Beans

2 sm cans of chilis

turkey sausage cut into bite size pcs (old bite size)

1 can of sauce (chunky tomatoe)

lots of chili powder

pepper

It is really good, spicy now and has only been cooking for a few hrs, so i'm sure i'll be on fire when it is done

Ok everyone - I wanted to get up close and personal with my new band too! See the link for the picture!

WARNING: If you have a weak stomach or cannot handle viewing the inside of the human body, do NOT click the following link!

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/281/deniselapband42607akg3.jpg

By the way, I went to the doctor today for my first visit (5 days post op) and I've lost 5.4 lbs since the surgery! I'm not going to list it on here because my scale and his scale weigh so different. My numbers are based on my scale and are the same weight loss! :)

LOL from starvation? :rolleyes

I appreciate the help and am interested in recipe stuff, I just want normal recipes. Recipes for people who don't own a spice rack.. recipe for people who don't go to organic stores with weird named foods. Recipe for people who don't know how to take apart garlic. For example, one thing I use to make a lot on Atkins.. was a cheese Soup. Cook cream & shredder cheddar cheese in a saucepot, add salt & pepper, and sprinkle with bacon crumbs (found conveniently in those lil' bacon bits jars). That's how simple my cooking style is.

Laura,

You're not but about 45 min to an hour away from me...if you come up with some things you'd like to be able to make, let me know...I love to cook and would love to help you out! My kids love to cook as well (good helpers! my oldest daughter helped hubby cook dinner tonight). We could just have a Saturday cooking day and you could take the stuff home with you and freeze it! I'm really serious! It will probably be three or four weeks, but if you're interested, PM me and let me know!

adorable - great pictures!! I need to see if I can get mine!

also, I want to thank you guys for your support! I ended up with a Migraine today on top of everything else (probably because of the stress of everything else...). I told my hubby that I just don't like being me anymore...

Kat - I have taken your advice to heart and will make sure to really talk to my doc on Thursday...she's a good one and I think she will be helpful! I am still praying for you and Rick. I sincerely thank you for taking the time to encourage all of us when you've got so much on your mind!

This board is truly a blessing! I really appreciate everyone!!

Schexy Momma-

You mentioned that you never thought you looked fat. Your never gonna believe this one. Up until about 30 pounds ago (about 250 and below), I NEVER thought I looked bad. I mean, I knew I was overweight, but i still felt very sexy and healthy. I even wrote to Oprah once about overweight women who don't think they overweight. I told my doctor that I had "reverse anorexia". I am not being flip about the disease. People w/ anorexia look in the mirror and no matter what they weigh, they think they look fat. I would look in the mirror and think I looked great! LOL...

Anyway, I am also in therapy. I really want to be a success at this, and want to deal w/ all my demons.

Good Luck everyone!

Kat- I pack my Protein Shake, Beans and cheese, cottage cheese, oz. of turkey rolled in cheese (2 of em), low carb and low sugar yougart, etc. I have a lunch bag and I put 2 blue ice pack in. Needless to say I can't wait until I get a fill, then won't have to tote all the food around w/ me. Last week, I didn't pack enough and ran to the deli to get some chix salad. What a pain.

I hope your doing well! I've been there, you have no idea. Take care of yourself, and thanks for keeping us all "in line".

xo

Ok does anyone think that I'm eating too much?? ?? I'm on mushies (6 days out) and here is what I had today:

* Breakfast: 1 - 6 oz Lite Yoplait smoothie drink (4g protein)

* Lunch: 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese & 1/2 cup split pea Soup (12g protein)

* Dinner: 1 scrambled egg with sprinkle of cheese to make moist, 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese (19g protein)

* 48 oz Fluid (5g protein)

Total protein: 40g (I know, I need more protein! I just can't handle the way those drinks taste and I've tried several so far...) :help:

can't answer that one. I'm one week out and still on liquids. (well supposed to be) doesn't sound like it's too much though. Have you totalled up the calories as well on what you are eating?