Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Have any of you tried the high Protein "test tube" beverages? I have tried Profect which has 25 gram of protein and no fat or carbs and the New Whey Protein Bullet which has 42 grams of protein and no fat or carbs. They both taste pretty good.

I also ordered the Bariatric Survival Kit from BariatricEating.com It is a great way to sample 16 different Protein Drinks. So far the Matrix Cookies and Cream is my favorite.

I just thought you all might want to check these out...might make Bandster hell a little less "hellish" :-)

The 25 gram and 42 gram liquied protein are awesome!! I have also been lacing them into my Propel Water (orange flave protein with orange drink; the the grape & raspberry with any of the other berrry flavor propels). I got mine from DLS.com Also WLSsupplies.com has samples in bottles that all you ahve to do is add water/milk/liquid to and shake.< /p>

Just thought I would share

I ordered from Bariatriceating.com on April 1, and still have not received it... Anyone else have a problem with their delivery time? I want my matrix orange&cream!! ...

I could have written almost the exact same thing!!!! I need to go back and see when I ordered- it's been more than a week.

I ordered from them in the past, and it seems like it got here so fast. Hmmmm...:think

TerriDoodle... I am in Houston, too! Just outside really, in Katy. So I have to agree with you on everyone here loving James Avery (started my first charm Bracelet when I was 10 or 11) and also about weather here means you gotta join a gym!

I actually live a block away from LifeTime Fitness, so I know I will see tons of people there that I know, and I just can't waddle my way in right now!!!!:D

Would consider joining Curves right now, not embarrassed there, but I need a place with child care. So, I 'll just keep walking 1 mile/eveings with my double stroller... for now.

SchexyMomma,

I am in Katy and I am a member of Lifetime Fitness. It's great! I haven't been since surgery, just been walking but I highly recommend Lifetime it's great. Their daycare is really neat.

Hi everyone! I had my follow up appt with my surgeon today and since I started my pre op liquid diet I have lost 31 pounds!!! That is 10 pounds per week!!! I am so excited! The liquid diet was getting old, but now I feel like I have new resolve...Just wanted to share how things are going! Hope all is well with everyone else!

Jennifer

I just want to say Thanks to all that have shared their experiences. I've been viewing this site like crazy once i was approved by INS. Now Tomorrow is the big day & i am nervous. I've had a dry NP cough most of the winter due to allergies & sinus conditions.

It was all but cleared up until this past weekend when we went from 80 degrees to 37 & freakin SNOW in TX. BOOM my allergies/sinus KICKED in & the cough came back.

THere's no signed of infection. Do you think I'll still get to have my surgery tomorrow?

Gosh, I hope so, but I don't want there to be complications.

I have read about people not being able to breath & stuff & it scares me.

:phanvan

Wow, there's sooooo much to catch up on, on here!! :biggrin1: LOVE IT!!

Welcome back home Judy (TEACHLADY)from surgery, I'm so pleased your ok, just take it real easy for the next few days, and every day you'll start to fel beter and beter x

Laura, I'd definately take note of the breathing exercises they give you, if it wasnt for everyone on here telling me what to practice re breathing exercises I would have ended up at my Drs, they really do help. I'm seeing my GP(Dr) next Tuesday, I still smoke, I've tried to give it up so many times, anyway I saw the GP 3 weeks pre surgery etc, and she wouldnt give me the course of smoking tablets (to give up) prior surgery, but told me to cut down to half of what I was smoking so from 20 to 10, which I did, and she said to see her 2 weeks post op for the pills to give up. Its got to come within to want to give up as you know, and only you know when you are ready. I need a fresh start and get rid of all of my addictions (food, ciggs and getting active again) so the smoking one is my next challenge.....:rolleyes ....so next week, Im sure I might be a bit tetchy as the nicotine starts to withdraw...

Launasa great to hear from you! I felt the same way as you did pre surgery, about food, in fact it was that that was worrying me more than the surgery, its weird you know, because Im not thinking of food at all, Kats right, your in for a nice surprise once youve had the band...I'll be amazed if it worrys you at all (its like a magic wand is waved, and any cravings, etc for food are gone!!) Havent experienced Food Hell yet, I must ask Kat about that bit.

Kat when do we experience this food hell experience? I'm 10 days post op now, I've only felt hungry once (a day or 2 ago) but it was after i made this lovely lasanga for my parents on the return home from there trip. I get my 1st fill on the 12th of April (so thats in another 4 weeks). I must say, my diet is changeing a little bit, Ive started eating bolonase (made with mince) eating over a little Pasta (ut were talking a very small bowlful of mince over 7 pasta twists) and I chew them till they are disintergrated. Will this feeling hit me soon do you think, is there a typical kick in time?

Fluffy welcome to our group!! Its great to meet you, keep up with posting on here :(

Gr8ful HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY 5th April!!!!!!!!! wow fancy having your surgery on your Birthday!! Well I reckon this will be the best birthday present anyone can recieve, this time next year on your birthday you will be sooooooo different, slim, & full of life!! :clap2:

Jennifer wow, that is just AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! losing 31 lbs!!!!! you must be so proud of yourself, way to go girl!!!

Tinybelle GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!!!!!! Please let us know you are ok after surgery, our prayers are with you xx

Speak to you all later xx

Hugs Sara :D

TinyBelle - 04/12

StaceyLynn - 04/12

Lucy22884 - 04/12

Horns10 - 04/12

Ihomeschool4 (Christy) - 04/12

Ross (husband to Christy) - 04/12

Prayers headed your way for today's bandsters!!

Tinybelle...I had a sinus infection when I had surgery. I was more worried about than they were. They acted like it was no big deal.....so just go and let them assure you.

I'm reading early today because I have a sinus/allergy thing going on....coughing my head off and gagging on drainage in my throat.

I have a fill scheduled for 10am.......I'm going anyway. Driving 90 miles......hope he does it anyway. I think the medicine my pcp doctor gave me is making it all come up....won't take it today.

Anybody have thoughts on this???

Hi Teacher,

You could always give them a phone for piece of mind, prior to you leaving? I wouldnt have thought it would affect a fill though, as its just a saline injection in your port, Id give them a bell though, at least then you know you havent driven 90 miles for nothing.

Hope you feel better soon,

Sara x

Thanks, Sara....maybe I'll call on the way there. The traffic is so heavy, I have to leave home 2 hours ahead of time.

Morning everyone and good luck for all you banders today.

My allergies are a mess too, taking my nasonex and that is it, no advil for the sinus headaches and no other meds, afraid that something might cause more issues than my nose running. Did you all know that green tea was a blood thinner and you shouldn't drink it 10 days prior to surgery. Something I learned recently.

Good luck all!

<TABLE class=tborder id=post440906 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead> #1314 <!-- [sTART HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] --><!-- [END HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] -->

<!-- status icon and date -->post_old.gif Yesterday, 07:27 PM <!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2>199.gif</TD><TD noWrap>ginabobeana user_offline.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_440906", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Jan 2007

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_440906><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->Have any of you tried the high Protein "test tube" beverages? I have tried Profect which has 25 gram of protein and no fat or carbs and the New Whey Protein Bullet which has 42 grams of protein and no fat or carbs. They both taste pretty good.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Where do you get the test tube Protein Drinks at? That sounds easy enough and has a lot of protein in it...

Thanks!

Well I have been counting down the days to surgery and have so been looking forward to pre-op because it is one step closer to the other side and guess what!! We are supposed to have a blizzard tonight. :faint: My pre-op is tomorrow in Denver, the roads are supposed to be closed. I called my Dr's office to hopefully reschedule before Wed which is the BIG day. I am just praying they dont delay my surgery........ :cry Keep your fingers crossed for me and say a few prayers to the big man!

Doctor just called, he's concerned about my elivated white blood count.. I'm still not sick though! He said he's putting me on antibiotics before surgery just in case. Fingers crossed....

Tater-Glad it wasn't just me, I got their website from recommendations here, and I figured it was just my dumb luck my order got lost or something. Going to call them today and see what's going on. (It says you should get it in 5-7 days...)

----

Just called bariatriceating.com... the guy was nice, said 'Hm... I don't know why there's no tracking, let me go find out and call you back'

:cry Hope I can get this soon!

Now this is a stupid question, but a lot of posts I have read over the past month tak about p/b, never have figured out what it meant, thought I would find out by just reading...

Getting nervous!! Instead of saying a week or three weeks or whatever when people ask, I say Tuesday!!!! SCARY!!! Had a bad dream the other night that the girls in the or were eating lunch and snorting cocaine!! How odd, just my nerves, and can sort of laugh that it was SO stupid, but still I am scared. Thanks to all your posts I am not worried about the lap band, I am worried about the hernia repair. I am sure if there was a hernia board my mind would be put at ease! I am rambling, sorry!!!

Thanks in advance for the definition of p/b!!!

Jane