Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

That is a great idea about the charms! But gosh if I got a charm for every 7 pounds I lost I would need more surgery to add an extra arm or two! This has got me thinking that I need to plan something special for my weight loss, can't wait to hear what everyone else is doing!!!

Jane

I think this is such a fun idea, but I agree with you I may have to modify the weight reward to every 10 or 15 pounds. I guess I'll start shopping for my charm braclet now. I have lost 11 pounds in one week so I have almost earned my first charm.

:clap2:

Ohhh this is great, Im so pleased you think its a good idea, let me know if you have any suggestions too with incentive rewards! (thats the bit I'll love I think best lol)

Pam, Oooo that car sounds lovely!! Take it easy on the exercise thing, I'd try it x 3 weekly for 30 mins to start with, I havent done any exercise yet as such apart from walk, Im a bit apprehensive to tell you the truth, but once I start Im sure I'll get into exercising again :lol: Hey and I'll check out that person too that you mentioned, it will be intresting to see what they suggest (anything/ideas that will help is a blessing).

Catch ya later folks!

P.S My reward for the 1st 14lbs (stone) is the braclet :biggrin1: ....in 2 weeks time or less (?) Im hoping for my 1st charm (Im gonna get the silver red enamel heart for my 1st one! :( )

Sara xx

Sara: I LOVE the charm idea! You are so clever.

Good Morning everyone! Two weeks from tomorrow I will be banded! I week from tomorrow I go in for my preop bloodwork at the hospital.

WOW....... just typing that makes it really hit home.

I love all the detailed posts, keep them coming

HAPPY BAND DAY!

:lol: TracyTX - 04/11

:present:ElizaJo - 04/11

:present:Bubbles - 04/11

:present:Bwaydiva - 04/11

:present:KCQ -04/11

<TABLE class=tborder id=post440275 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>post_new.gif Today, 08:46 AM <!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2>image.php?u=14141&dateline=1175447007</TD><TD noWrap>Sara Mos user_online.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_440275", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Feb 2007

im_yahoo.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_440275><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->Re: rewarding yourself!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Help me! How do i convert this to us dollars? I really loved the charms.

Angie - I am about 15 minutes from the hospital, so I think I will be ok driving with a pillow in my lap, and sleeping:notagree on the recliner in my family room. It works pretty easily and there is a bathroom close. Staying in the hospital isn't all its cracked up to be. This is a "minor" surgery, so you might have to wait for the nursing staff to get to you.:help: The only thing is that the roads in CO Springs are awful, unless they've fixed them. I was down there every day when my son was hospitalized at Penrose for pancreatitis (too much drinking in college). The experience seems to have "cured" him. :clap2:

People online have mentioned bumpy roads being awful :omg: to cope with. So a motel room might be a nice luxury, I have a feeling we'll just want to sleep, but the next day we may feel even more sore, so. I don't know. I find it rather confusing that so many doctors deal with the aftercare so differently. It is also confusing with the range of experience online members express. I guess we are all pioneers on our own special journey. I say this with a smile. I'll be happy for a week from Monday when all the pains should be better. :lol:

http://italianbraceletcharms.com/pages/basic/start.html

Hi All,

I really jumped on this one. I went to Sara's link, just a little too pricey for me. Did I meantion I am a teacher??? So I googled charms and looked through many sites. I liked the quality and prices at the link above. Since I am down 12 pounds (last check) since I started this whole process (preop diet) I bought myself a Bracelet and my first charm. I went w/ the Sterling Silver not gold, just a little less expensive. I did spend $75 already...that is good enough. I will do it every 5 pounds, because I need to lose 100 pounds, so that will make 20 charms...cute!

I love love love this idea. Again, it is something we won't grow out of, or get tired of. Shop around and find the site that has the best prices for you.

Hey guys, I have other ideas for weight loss rewards....my first of which I'm only 6 lbs away from!!!

See, I go for big "splurge on me" "i'd never do on a regular basis" type things because I"m HORRIBLE about pampering other people, but not myself.... I had 126 to lose when I began this journey back in January...so for the first 50 lbs gone (6 lbs away from that! OMG!! :faint: )....I'm going to pamper myself with an hour sweedish massage and a pedicure (hubby has agreed...i hope he's got the money ready!)

The next 50 lb mark will be very similar if not the same exact thing.

Then, when I reach goal, I will give myself one of those "Day of Beauty" things from a salon (hair, makeup, massage, manicure, pedicure, facial, the whole works!!!)

See, originally I wanted to go on a 7 day land/cruise package with Disney World (we live 3 hours from there, so we could drive there) because I LOVE disney....but....unfortunately I want a room with my own balcony, and to do that for 2 adults is about $4-5k....we don't have that money, and won't see that kind of money in the next year *sigh*...so I might ahve to settle for just a 4 day park hopper ticket deal (still about $800-$1000 for the 2 of us, but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it...) and staying in a disney resort (done it once and I'm HOOKED...will NEVER stay off disney property again....nope, never....:-D it's worth the extra funds, and the value resorts are really pretty affordable considering it's disney property..lol. ).

So, if we happen to be able to save up for a house AND the disney trip...then we'll do it...but...if not, i'll get my day of beauty and still be satisfied :lol::clap2:

what great rewards, I am not sure what I am going to do, but, I have already decided that I am going to get a Tummy Tuck next year. what my insurance doesn't cover and I don't have my mom is going to help me pay for it. It will make all my future vacations be so worth it.

My mom is so supportive and loves me so much. I'm so lucky to have her.

anyway, good luck to everyone today, in my few travel days there are so many new people out there - but still a fantastic group.

hugs to you all

If ya'll want some great charms (and other beautiful jewelry), you should visit a James Avery store or visit his online store. All jewelry you see comes in either silver or gold. He started his jewelry business in Kerrville, TX like 50 years ago or something and everyone in Texas loves James Avery jewelry! He's starting to spread to other states now, I think. Check it out:

www.JamesAvery.com

LOL I have been looking at jewellery all day on line, OMG once you start looking you cant stop!! Pam I checked your link out, they are really reasonable and pretty, Terry your link the jewellery is just gorgeous on there!! Panda, I think pampering yourself is an exelent idea and going to Disney...that will be just fantastic (Ive only been to Euro Disney in Paris when the kids were little, and I doubt Paris is a patch on the USA one)

Well my end goal, when I hit 140lbs, is to come over to the US, I would just love to go to NY again on a shopping trip :D That, my friend will be mighty big bucks, LOL, once I hit those shops I will be like a dynamo!!!! (wearing my charm braclet by the way!! :)

Angie, Ive found you a currency converter on Google, so I hope it works ok, you just have to change the £ to $ or the other way around?

http://www.currencyconverter.uk.com/go/

Speak soon folks!!

Hugs Sara :D

Terri,

Thanks for the link. He really has adorable charms there, I can't wait to lose more weight. That will be my next stop. I will probably wait until I lose 10 more and buy 2 at once.

Anyway, thanks for the tip!

I started a James Avery charm Bracelet for my daughter the day she was born!! Hers is beautiful already....and she's only 13!

I'm back at work today. Wish I wasn't!!!!!!! It's beautiful outside!

Going tomorrow to join LA Fitness! I have a center very close to work AND to home! My company offers reduced membership fees, too! :D Can't beat that deal! It gets soooooo hot in Houston that you almost HAVE to have a gym. LA Fitness is really nice, too. I think I'll enjoy it there. I realize now that I'll be putting a very low priority on eating and will have lots of extra time on my hands. I mean, why not go work out and grab a Protein Shake for lunch now?? Way cool!