Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good Morning Bandsters!!!!!!

Today is the first morning Ive woken up without feeling gloomy! (thank goodness!)

I love reading all of your posts! LOL, dont think I'll be going for the tattoo's or pericings though, if I do get slimmer! My youngest has her belly button periced, I was with her when she had it done several yrs ago, I nearly fainted!!

Today hoping to go on a walk with my mum n dad, n DH, we live near some beautiful walking areas by the sea (in the Purbecks) so I looking forward to that. My M&D are going to South Americia on Tuesday for a couple of weeks, so they wont be here when I go into hospital; mum bought me a sweet little tolietry holdal with goodies in it (beauty products), I think Ive got everything now, except so magazines, which I'll buy next Saturday.

Just got to get through this week now :) working away Mon & Tues, then in another county working on Wed, & Thur & Fri at home writing a report....then...thats it...leave home at 8am next Monday.....Im really excited now folks, its a weird feeling, I feel like Im going to get some sort of a present....if that makes sence?? My answer to my prayers? I certainly hope so, I know its not going to be easy....

I wish we could all meet up, like a weekly meeting, in a gorgeous coffee house (like friends did, lol) and just talk for ages.....I'll have to pretend this is our cyber 'friends coffee house!' without the comfy seatees!! :)

Love Sara xx

Good Morning Everyone!

I love this group of people and so nice to see some guys join us. Getting ready to do the Sunday outing with my dad and his family - I have been trying to make an honest effort every other week to have family time - as I'm sure you all might have figured out from other post that is not an easy thing for me.

Anyway -Terry - I am here in upstate- about 10 miles outside of Albany.

Tracy - and when you get there you should flaunt it... all of it!

So I blew it too, gained 4lbs in 4days but I'm sure I can get rid of it quick, I feel bloated like Water gain. The worst thing I did was have some fries last night at the bar. They were so loaded with salt but soooooooooooooooooooooo good. Ok, they also had real cheese and bacon on them. It was my friends bday - I should have ordered a salad but I was weak.

Oh well, at least I know this, had a moment and woke up knowing it and fixing te problem this morning.

I am finding that I am in a hurry lately and not chewing as slowly and grabbing something on the run. Until I go to Myrtle Beach I am going to slow down. I was so good at that and don't know what happened.

So Terry- thank you for telling us your last supper story, I needed that to remind me to SLOW DOWN!

Have a great Day All

My surgery date is April 2nd, 2007.

My surgeon is John Kelly, MD @ Umassmedical Center.

I very excited and sometimes nervous. I can't wait until April 3rd when the surgery itself is behind me and my new life is in front of me.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi amwlady!!

Your having surgery the same day as me, lots of us infact! FANTASTIC!! Its not long to wait is it? 1 week :)

Maizemommy - 04/02

SFeliz001 - 04/02

CJulzGO - 04/02

Sara Mos - 04/02

Adumont75 - 04/02

Darla - 04/02 (mother to Panda)

Panda - 04/02 (daughter to Darla)

It is exciting!! :)

Mazzie,

LMAO...very funny visual. I am on day 4 of preop liquid diet. My partner is in the kitchen right now eating cold pizza from yesterday. My MIL was here yesterday and everyone ordered pizza and wings (acutally, they didn't want to cook because of the smells) and I went and watch the news in the bedroom. It sucks, but I told myself, 'YOU KNOW HOW PIZZA TASTES...believe me, you've had enough". Anyway, that was a funny post.

Thanks to everyone for the advice about whtat to bring to hospital. I appreciate all you input.

peaceout

Heather,

I do need to have it re-pierced, it was not done right the first time and got caught on my pantyhose and ripped so i need to go behind the scar tissue

Shameless, .... hummmmmmmm... my bellybutton was not what was changed. LOL

do you have a site that you sell jewerlry?

They could not put the spacer in last night becuse it was too far off, but they did change it from gold to sergical stainless steel and said i should be ok, so I am going to call surgeon Monday. But I had one of the pressure hoops so I could not get it off - at least now I have a barbell so I can change myself..

OWWWWW! When I read that, I cringed for you. Going thru the healing process was enough for me in terms of discomfort...I can't imagine having that happen! I'll say it again. OWWWW.

When I said shameless, I meant me for plugging my own body jewelry here online. Just a natural salesperson, I guess. I don't have a specific website for them, I sell on ebay. I don't have any listed at the moment as I need to take pics of the newest shipment to post them. I'll send you the link when I get it done.

I'm like you...I love my piercings and tattoos. People just don't expect me to have them. I work in a rather conservative environment, and usually I blend in. Friday, none of the bosses were there, so I wore one of my sparkly nose rings. My co worker, half way through the day, said you have some glitter on your nose. I laughed and explained it. So he got real interested and said he'd had no clue that I'd had it pierced. I said, I've been waiting for someone to notice all this time. And he got real pompous and said, well I noticed it first thing this morning, but didn't want to say anything. It was so much fun to say "I've had it this way for a loooong time, not just today."

I'm feeling so many things. I started this journey almost a year ago, and felt impatient allot of the time. Now? I feel excited and sometimes nervous. I've never had had general anesthesia before, so i think that is what I'm apprehensive about, not the surgery itself. I can't wait until April 3rd. LOL!

Best of luck to you and the entire 4/2 gang. I hope I can figure out how to navigate myself back here so we can all compare notes next week.

:)

No worries amwlady :)

I can imagen your impatients, if youve been waiting a year, its not long now hon, lets get this week over with, and finally we will have started on a new road ....... :)

Just think, this time next year, we'll have hopefully lost a lot of our weight, and enjoying our life fully and completly. keep posting, I sure am, I find everyone here really helpful and were all on this exciting journey together...were lucky to have each other, to share all our ups and downs :mad:

Sara x

but I told myself, 'YOU KNOW HOW pizza TASTES...believe me, you've had enough".

I am going to tell myself this exact statemnt everytime I think I want to eat soemthing bad!!!!!

Jennifur - I had surgery a couple of years ago and one of the best tricks that worked for me was - before surgery put a heavy duty armed chair beside your bed (I used a kitchen chair with arms). You can use the arm of the chair as a bed-rail to help you get up from or down into the bed. It worked wonderfully for me.

So everyone

It is almost April. I am done with all of my appts and don't have to go back until the day of surgery.

I am so excited but don't know if I am even remotely close to being ready.

I need to focus and get my house clean - get caught up on Homework - and make sure I am ready.

My main concern is getting my bedroom ready, I had previous surgery and my only major issue was climbing into bed, so I want to make sure I am ready up there.

I bought tons of Water bottles and some propel and crystal light green tea to add to the Water bottles, chicken broth, Jello and popcicles.

I am just a little overwhelmed and don't know where to start and 23 days will be up before I know it and I will be gone for 10 of them.

Deep breath....

Tomorrow I am going to get some homework done and get my room ready. then go from there. I think I need to make a plan to do 1 major thing every day and check it off as I go.

Doesn't help my mom is coming to town on Friday and will be here until I leave for Vacation, so I am sure I won't get much done when she gets here

LOL

:) :) :mad: I AM SOOO HUNGRY...CAN BARELY FOCUS. MY DISSERTATION PROFESSOR IS SUPPOSED TO CALL ME BACK AND I CAN'T FORM A LOGICAL THOUGHT! I CAN DO THIS...BUT, WOW! THIS IS TOUGH

Heather,

Same with me, My tattoos and piercings are all covered except for a small band around my ankle and I usually wear tights when I was working so no one knew. It is fun when people realize, they always seem so shocked.

They sure are addicting. I went with a friend last night and kept telling myself to wait til i was thin...

Pamela

I can not even imagine, I do not have to do a pre diet other than what i'm doing. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Darla

thanks for the chair advice, i might try that with my step stool and maybe i'll be good

((((((((Pamela!!!!!)))))))) I'm so sorry :)

OOhhhh so many of you are on the countdown now!!! How exciting!

I smacked myself upside the head and said "DOH" (a la Homer Simpson) over the chair by the bedside---what a wonderful idea!!! That was my only issue, rising up out of the bed, after having been prone and still for several hours. It makes perfect sense!!! I read where many slept in recliners following surgery---but I do not sleep well when I don't have my bed, and I was thrilled to get back to it---and slept fairly easily...it took me about a week to get back to full side sleeping. But the chair---that would have really simplified things!

Tracy---when you pack your socks in place of slippers---make sure they have the gripper things on the sole---or they will make you wear theirs. They take the fall risk thing realllllly serious!

Well guys---hang in there---your time is a comin'!!!

Kat