Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first of six NUT appts yesterday. It was very informative. Everyone at the surgeons office was very nice and supportive. Second appt is scheduled for 1-30 so I feel like its gonna move so quickly. I'm anxious and excited. :) I was told by the Dr. That I should only lose between .5-1 lb a month. Thats easy so, no pressure there. I gave up fast food so that alone should do it. But, I'm starting back to zumba :) I made the decision to change my life Dec. 1st. I swear the more I think about surgery, the more I read about it, the more I'm on this forum and , the more jouneys I follow on youtube, it makes me do a lot of soul searching. I'm trying to learn more about myself right now than I ever have. I'm keeping a journal which I faithfully write in. And I'm learning about a lot of feelings I have surpressed and hidden deep down inside me. Its amazing the changes I see and feel myself going through right now. I love it. And honestly I regret telling people about my plans to have surgery. I have told ; my husband, bestfriend, sister ( one of six) and one other close friend.... It may sound weird but, the reason I regret it is I feel like I'm in a cocoon and I let too many people in. I just wish I wouldve kept it more private.... sorry its long and unorganized but just needed to vent I guess. Thanks for reading. ♡

I know how you feel, I have to do 6 Nut sessions myself (I'm on month 4 in Jan), I go back to see the surgeon on Jan 17 and that's when we will actually schedule my surgery. I kind of know how you feel about not wanting to tell people, I felt the same way in the beginning. I am the youngest of 7 and I also have 20+ nieces and nephews so I know what it feels like to come from all that pressure. But early on, and once I started visiting sites like this and seeing everyone's video posts on YouTube and stuff, I suddenly realized this surgery is far more common place these days to the point that I don't think it carries the same stigma that it once did. There are still people out there that will give you a hard time about it, or try to accuse you of taking the easy way. That is all hog wash, as you know this is no easy road, there is so much you have to do to just to prepare for surgery and then all that you have to go through after surgery, there just is no way that this is the easy way out. But for some of us it is the difference between living and dying, plain and simple.

You shouldn't feel awkward or ashamed to tell anyone that you're going to have this surgery, your deciding to live a better and healthier life, what is so wrong about that. You should feel proud that you're taking control of things and in the end you'll probably live a much happier and of course healthier life. I also think that it is a great idea about the journal, I've heard so many people who have already gone through surgery suggest doing that, they say it can help you through the rough spots and also help to point out issues or weak spots in your habits, etc.

Good luck on your journey!

I had my first of six NUT appts yesterday. It was very informative. Everyone at the surgeons office was very nice and supportive. Second appt is scheduled for 1-30 so I feel like its gonna move so quickly. I'm anxious and excited. :) I was told by the Dr. That I should only lose between .5-1 lb a month. Thats easy so' date=' no pressure there. I gave up fast food so that alone should do it. But, I'm starting back to zumba :) I made the decision to change my life Dec. 1st. I swear the more I think about surgery, the more I read about it, the more I'm on this forum and , the more jouneys I follow on youtube, it makes me do a lot of soul searching. I'm trying to learn more about myself right now than I ever have. I'm keeping a journal which I faithfully write in. And I'm learning about a lot of feelings I have surpressed and hidden deep down inside me. Its amazing the changes I see and feel myself going through right now. I love it. And honestly I regret telling people about my plans to have surgery. I have told ; my husband, bestfriend, sister ( one of six) and one other close friend.... It may sound weird but, the reason I regret it is I feel like I'm in a cocoon and I let too many people in. I just wish I wouldve kept it more private.... sorry its long and unorganized but just needed to vent I guess. Thanks for reading. ♡[/quote']

I kinda know what you mean and where you're coming from I find out January eighth when I have my surgery and lately all I've been doing is just thinking about a bunch of crazy stuff

Fred Montana JR

I am almost 3 months post op. When I started my six months of visits, I was in the mind set of OMG I have to do six months of this before I can even get approved, I was so impatient.

The more I went to my visits, other required classes and a support group meetings, the more I learned about eating, nutrition, excercise and just myself in general and now I am glad it was required. I went in to my surgery with so much knowledge and a good clue what to expect, what to eat and it has helped me so much.

I have seen people that only had to go to a few appointments and then got approved and were totally clueless as to what the heck was going on, that is sad. You are changing your life, get a clue as to what to do.

All that said, learn all you can, ask all the questions you can think of, attend a support group. You will benefit greatly! My life has totally changed, and I can't be happier. Well, I will be happier when I get to goal, but I am super happy to be where I am now. (75 lbs lost as of this Monday)

I am almost 3 months post op. When I started my six months of visits' date=' I was in the mind set of OMG I have to do six months of this before I can even get approved, I was so impatient.

The more I went to my visits, other required classes and a support group meetings, the more I learned about eating, nutrition, excercise and just myself in general and now I am glad it was required. I went in to my surgery with so much knowledge and a good clue what to expect, what to eat and it has helped me so much.

I have seen people that only had to go to a few appointments and then got approved and were totally clueless as to what the heck was going on, that is sad. You are changing your life, get a clue as to what to do.

All that said, learn all you can, ask all the questions you can think of, attend a support group. You will benefit greatly! My life has totally changed, and I can't be happier. Well, I will be happier when I get to goal, but I am super happy to be where I am now. (75 lbs lost as of this Monday)[/quote']

Love it!! Thanks a million. ... you brought a quote to my mind. " Perspective is everything". I'm gonna make sure I make the most of these six months and absorb all I can :)