Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You and I are the same! It was quite an adjustment to only be able to have 2-3 bites and BE DONE. I hurt if I eat more. I've accepted it and I am happy that I am actually full! Portioning has always been my issue- 3 to normal 1 serving- started when I was preggers....... Well it got bad when I was Prego. I've had issues forever! Now I feel very full and I love it. I think I am going to be a slow loser. I am 14 days out and only lost 15lbs. I know that is great' date=' but for some reason I thought it would be more![/quote']

Thursday will be 4 weeks out for me, I have lost 22lbs. Been same weight since 3 weeks, but I'm trying like hell not to freak out about it LOL I have started back my Protein shakes to see if that will get me losing again. My bff just bumped up her wedding date to May 4th from Oct 5th, so I'm Freaking out about that! I have 100lbs to loose in 4 months LOL I was just thinking, I picked up candy for my kids stockings today, its sitting here in the car with me, and I'm thinking "one m&m won't kill me" Ummmm yeah, it will. So much of this is willpower and mind over matter.

About half of all bypass patients never experience dumping. It's difficult for researchers to put a firm number on it because some people experience dumping without recognizing that it is dumping. Others may experience vomiting and think it is dumping when it isn't. Doctors also break dumping into two types - "early" dumping which usually occurs 15 to 30 minutes following eating and "late" dumping which usually occurs two to three hours (and as much as twelve hours) following eating. Some folks believe that dumping is only caused by sugar. In fact, sugar is the most common cause but dumping can also be caused by carbs or fats. For anyone interested, you can read more information in my post "Dumping the Confusion About Dumping" - http://www.rnytalk.com/topic/2665-dumping-the-confusion-about-dumping/page__hl__%2Bdumping+%2Bthe+%2Bconfusion .

See, for me, dumping is only pork related.

my superpower is......

I'm pretty lucky cause the one thing that will make me dump is Pasta or certain breads. Which use to be my favorite thing. Now, when I think about the sweating and flushed feeling ... It's not worth it. I also seem to still get sick from eggs!!! Scrambled, not boiled. So strange

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I don't think that I have ever dumped (i'm about 3 weeks out). But I've read that some people have dumping and don't experience strong symptoms. So maybe I have had dumping and not known it. I chose RNY specifically for the privilege of dumping so that I could manage my addiction to high-fat sugary foods.

I do find that dairy causes lots of bloating, gas and discomfort. So I think I am lactose-intolerant from this surgery. I'm not sure if bloating, gas and discomfort = dumping.

I am 4 months post I don't dump but I am s regular bowl mover EVERY morning. If I have something I shouldn't I pay the next morning it's no fun at all do I watch everything and make sure it's worth the extra few mins in there (lol).

I dump all the time. My family and I took a road trip and I ate something new 1 spicy sausage link for Breakfast and I've been clinching my butt check the entire ride. It I horrible!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I am 6 1/2 months out and never dumped, but I watch my sugars. Never going over 15 grams. I have and a small bite or two of cake or pie but never more than that, and have been fine. I am down 103!!

I am also 4 months post and don't experience dumping. I must say I was very disappointed about this! My surgeon just laughed at my honest answer' date=' but I wanted it to fear testing the limits.

Working on my self control is hard :(

.::SurgeryDate 7/25/12::.[/quote']

I agree with you about wanting to fear the limits. I have not had any dumping either which makes my need for self control that much more important.....but it is a daily struggle. However one I am so glad I overcome.

Everyone keep up the great work!

I'm pretty lucky cause the one thing that will make me dump is Pasta or certain breads. Which use to be my favorite thing. Now' date=' when I think about the sweating and flushed feeling ... It's not worth it. I also seem to still get sick from eggs!!! Scrambled, not boiled. So strange

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

I am experiencing the egg thing. Boiled ok, scrambled not ok. Glad you mentioned it. Wonder why the difference? Not using butter in the pan so not sure why different.

I cant do scrambled eggs either

.the nut said lots of people have trouble-just too dry. To wait a few more weeks . Re to dumping- i get a warm/heat flash 30-45 min following a meal if it has more than 15 carbs. Had cookie at holiday party and just felt yucky. Nothing to go to bed over.

Cyndi

Just curious if there is anyone on here that doesn't dump?

xo Hilary

I'm almost 3 weeks out & I have not experienced dumping. Being very cautious of everything I eat.

Am also 4 months out n I haven t had any dumping thanks god. I haven't had any problem except for one time the something got stuck the was the worst pain ever

I could have written the same exact post myself!!!.....:)

try adding shredded cheese to your eggs and a Tad of milk and butter. should help. remember we are allowed small amounts of fats.