Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Wag woah is me day! Sad and depressed. Not really with the surgery but with life. I figured after losing some weight I'd be more attractable to the opposite sex. Lol. I know it's a selfish reason but my life goal is to get married and have kids! I'm 22 with a BA degree working full time in my career. I have everything else going for me in life. So pre surgery I thought it was bc I was too fat. Now I see a lot of people in here married' date=' happy or not, lol and realized it wasn't bc I was fat it is because I must just suck in general. There has to be someone out there somewhere right? I know I'm young I have all the time in the world. I hear that every day from friends but I'm just bummed out :(. Love all my December buddies sorry for complaining! :)[/quote']

Keep your head up girl! Some of the best times in my life happened when i was single! And as RuPaul would say......you have to love yourself before you can love someone else!!!

xo Hilary

No word that I know of from Simply Southern. I've pm'd her a few times but no response. She has been on the site a few times but has not made any posts. Doesn't she know we're all worried about her???? I do hope she is doing well.

What's the opinion on popcorn? I love it and have been wanting some but don't know if I can or should.....

I've eaten it. It's been fine. Just chew good.

I hate being at a stand still! Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong... haven't lost but half a lb in a week!!! Fixing to up my exercise program and also been trying to up my Protein but it is hard to do when u can barely eat! So frustrated. ...

Hw 256

Sd 12/11/12

Cw 183

I hate being at a stand still! Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong... haven't lost but half a lb in a week!!! Fixing to up my exercise program and also been trying to up my Protein but it is hard to do when u can barely eat! So frustrated. ...

Hw 256

Sd 12/11/12

Cw 183

I think you have the right idea. I've found increasing Protein, Water, and exercise usually does the trick. Good luck.

I didn't go back and check the thread but has anyone heard from simply southern?

No, she hasn't posted. :-(

Gen :-) 12/15/12

What's the opinion on popcorn? I love it and have been wanting some but don't know if I can or should.....

I've tried it without problems

So got my tattoo, I was going to get it on my middle finger but was told by 2 tattoo artist that it heals badly and will have to be retouched alot so got it on the inside of my right arm above the wrist. 307 my highest weight before surgery. Never forget where you were

post-26019-13813811826995_thumb.jpg

I had to go to get a dress for my brothers upcoming wedding, June 01. I got a dress that is actually form fitting, woohoo. Went from trying size 12 on; to trying a size 10 on and ended up being in an 8. I checked the stores return/exchange policy and its 60 days. If I continue to lose and need a smaller size yet, then an exchange isn't a problem. I also realized, I don't have to leave my T-Shirt untucked anymore, to cover up. I now tuck the T-shirt in plus I can wear my daughters belt which is huge accomplishment. She is a size 3 and falls towards the end of the holes. I fall at the 2nd hole in, but that is huge and a big accomplishment. I definitely have no regrets about this surgery. It definitely is a confidence booster ;-) Tomorrow will b my 4th month anniversary and this morning I was at 166. I have 24-34 more pounds to go to be at my goal weight. I chose between 130-140 cuz I'm not sure which it will be or just be between the 2 #s. 12 pants are getting loose in the waist. Medium shirts now. Happier than I've been, since forever it seems. Ex can go to!!! I have learned so much about myself over the last 3 years w/o him in my life. I'm happy with who I am and definitely happy with what this surgery has given me, a renewed life :-)

post-205860-13813133659915_thumb.jpg

Congrats to all of us on here for achieving our little goals we set for ourselves to reach our ultimate goal of a better, healthier life!!!

post-204009-13813133674993_thumb.jpg

I can't wait to be a size 8. Lol :)

I never imagined I was that small ( I still can't believe I'm using the term small when referring to myself) until I tried on dress after dress when I reached size 8. I looked at myself in one of those 3 sides (way) mirrors and boy did I have a huge wake up call. It's amazing how you could still look in the mirror and not see the actual loss until you're smacked with it. Yesterday, I definitely got smacked with the reality of what my body was truly like. What a wake up call to actually see what everyone else has been seeing.

I never thought I would be a size 8. Not even 2 months ago. You'll get there Sammi and probably sooner than you think.

That's great, Gen! How exciting. I know I suffer from a bad case of body dysmoephia