Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Challenge

I had a problem with that too Betty and deleted all of my old messages... but... I'm takling about how we get notifications in our home email that there are new posts... before... I would have a notice in my home email that you posted to this forum. I dont' get those notifications anymore??? I can come here and check but it was nice just to hit the link and come right to the new postings... ya know what I mean??? Off to call the doc...

Darcy

I am still getting them, so I don't know what the problem is for you. Please let me know what the doctor says! Be firm, be mean, and demand his attention!;)

Miss Betty... your box is apparently full... lol... that sounded bad... but anyhoo... I tried to send ya a PM... and they shot it right back to me! ;)

Thanks for the career ideas Lisa... I'm sure all of the listed pay better than what I was making as an LPN!

Okay... the phone was broken at my surgeon's office so I had to wait until a few minutes ago to get through. Same story... they will get back to me when they talk to Deb this afternoon... which is exactly how the process started last time. Hopefully that is where the similarity will end because I am not up for another run like that again. I feel like somebody has their fist embedded in my stomach.

I also made an appointment with my GP for the AM in regards to the other pain that is in the lower left abdominal region. Maybe the two are related... maybe not... but at least I will be able to talk to somebody about this.

In the meantime... I am still off of the AM coffee... herbal teas instead... and I probably should switch to a liquid diet... but not sure I can handle that mentally right now. I just want them to remove the fill... something in my pea brain thinks that is the answer.

OH... and wow... there sure is a whole lotta bonkin of heads going on in here... lol. I will be expecting a head bonking picture from the Vegas gathering!

(((hugs)))

Darcy

Miss Lisa... I haven't tried a heating pad... I'll give that a try.

Miss Darcy, my heating pad has been my band's best friend.

I've been on the phone all morning scheduling an appointment to see the surgeon about my open wound. Can you hear the circus music? He won't see me unless I come with Cat Scan films. So first I had to schedule a Cat Scan. But I can't have a Cat Scan without blood work first. And I need to pick up a bottle of Cheetah to drink before taking the Cat Scan. So my disgusting wound will be seeing the surgeon on October 21. Till then, I'll just keep it clean with antibiotic cream and fresh bandages.

It's good to see everyone taking good care of themselves. ;)

Darcy, you hang in there -- and don't be afraid to call back if they haven't called when they said they would. Patience sure doesn't get you too far with medical offices! Tell them it is urgent, you can't keep going with this overwhelming pain.

Lisa, glad you are getting that wound looked at, too. Maybe they will give you a Tummy Tuck and just cut the whole thing off! :)

Well, it's about 23 days for you Ms. Betty. :D Not that far, but oh so long!

Becky - It's 14 days, I go on the 18th!;):) So, pretty soon you will see the nervous me! lol

Darcy - O.K. I will practice what I preach! I cleaned out my box too! Now you can send it to me:D :D :D

Lisa - I am glad you are at least getting things all done, you really need to get that healed up.

O.k. since we are all going to be sick or are sick, or hurting or will be hurting, send flowers, diamonds and money to all of us:D :D :D :D :D :D

THere... I got emailed on these posts... yay??? Heck... who knows what's going on!

Hey... I thought Miss Betty was having surgery on the 18th???? Did I miss something in my pain induced fog???

Lisa... it's maddening... I tell ya. I swear... we could call and say... "Um yes... I have hole in my head and part of my brain is protruding... do you think the Dr. could see me?" Answer... "Hmmm... hold on a second and let me check.... ummmm... yes... here we go... we can see you in two weeks... will that work for you?" ;)

Seriously... I feel terrible saying this... actually makes me want to vomit... but if I knew that removing the band would take away this pain and leave me feeling normal again... I'd hop on the table and intubate myself. Waiting for my bonk on the head.

Darcy

Hang in there Darcy, it might not even be band related~

When they call you back, just be demanding that you need to see him right away. Every doctor keeps spots open for emergencies, so don't feel bad about getting demanding. You need to get in and you need to do it today! Heck, tell them to call me, I'll get you in within the hour:D ;):)

Keep us posted lady!

Sorry, Betty, I wrote it in my datebook so I won't mix it up again. :notagree: My poor calendar is so full of hubby's busyness (and mine ;) ) that I can't keep it straight. I had thought it was only 2 weeks!

Hey everybody who's hurting -- Let's all get better in time for Betty's surgery to help her not feel so nervous! :Bunny:

If I tried to come over there and take your band, would you let me, Darcy?

<< BONK! >> I do hope you find out something today.

That's o.k. Becky, don't feel bad about the dates, no big deal. I just want you, Darcy, and Lisa to get well, I need that cheering squad.;)

I bet you do have your hands full with all the doctor appt. Are you feeling any better today?

:banana: I am happily eating tuna. Less than quarter cup, but it is something! I can now eat yogurt, cheese and tuna.

I'm very anxious to try harder foods, but trying to force myself to go slow. Since I still don't get hungry for about 3 hours, I'm trying to wait to try something else. Maybe I should stay up all night so I have more time to eat. :D I have a feeling I'm gonna gain back some of this month's loss. ;)

Does this mean I can't have any more ice cream?! DeLarla??? (running to the kitchen for a lowfat, sf, fudgsicle)

Now if we can get Darcy's stomach gremlins tamed and DeLarla to quit growing aliens :alien .... and cutting their little heads off :) .....

Off I go to run some errands and then I must clean my filthy house. I don't have all that leisure time that you guys who go to work have. :D

BONK. BONK BONK BONK BONK!

Gross Darcy, would it make you feel better if I sent you a real gory picture of the grossness of my open wound? Please don't hate your band... be careful what you wish for. Just keep demanding answers.

Betty, there's a lot of scary band stuff going on around here. BUT... look at the number of bands being placed every day, then look at the complications. I think we see a lot of bad stuff cuz people usually only post when they have something to post about. I'd get re-banded all over again, regardless of all the problems I've had. It's worth the weight (loss.)

Lisa - Sometimes I read something and get a little worried, but then I think about it and say exactly what you just said. I am going to be banded, I would do it regardless of what problems anyone has or what says right now. It took me a long time to make up my mind to do this, so I am not changing my mind now. Thanks for the encouraging words.