Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Challenge

Betty... I can just see all of the Harley's pulling into my surgeon's parking lot... now that's a vision that makes me smile! In regards to them working me in... another gal with the VGB called to tell them that she was unable to get Water down and needed to see Dr. CHua... they promptly offered her an appointment in 2weeks... she had to yell... "I CANNOT DRINK WATER!!!!!!"... they did get her in... sheesh.

Lisa... come on girl... cry... if you're anything like me... then you'll really get ticked that ANYTHING made you cry and then... WHATCH OUT! It was a good release... I'd highly recommend it in the absence of medical treatment.

I'm going to drag my hubby up to the cabin I think... maybe I'll just park my butt in front of a fire and listen to the leaves in the breeze. I't supposed to be in the 60's today... whoa ... get out the swuimsuit and towel...lol.

Darcy, Please see the Doc ASAP! You can not live like this.

I'm so sorry to hear your in pain.

Thinking about you

Darcy and Lisa: Both of you get to a doc soon. Don't worry Darcy I am gonna bonk her on the head for sure when I see her. And if I was gonna see you I would bonk you on the head too.

Love ya both though.

:) Boy, I'm glad I saw my doc before there was any talk of bonking on the head!

We sure can be hesitant when it comes to seeing our doctors, but I think they sometimes make us feel so darn stupid and wimpy (and broke :D .) When they don't know what's wrong it sometimes feels like it's all in the head. They are probably just as frustrated as we are about finding out what's wrong.

Aren't we glad we took the EASY way out?! ;)

I am so very glad I got my band, but, by golly, I'm gonna yelp --loud-- when it doesn't feel so hot. That's one of the reasons we all come here, right?! To spare our family and friends from some of the yelping and find people who really understand what's happening -- the good, the bad, and the beautiful.

I guess a little bonking on the head helps in the communication process. :D

Darcy..I'm so glad you decided to share all of this with us. That's why we are here , to support one another. However I'm sorry your having discomfort but happy you are going to cal lyour doctor and go see him. You are doing the right thing as hard as it may be. Good Luck & hang in there...keeping you in my thoughts

Thanks, Betty! It kept bothering me that the other one looks so much younger than I really look. I suppose that can be a good thing, but I don't really know why it turned out that way, so I had DH take another one. I tried not to be messing around like a kid this time, at least not while he was snapping the shot. :) I might try again later.

We went to a local bike day yesterday and they took a pic of us with the bike. I couldn't believe how FAT I looked! I had been feeling real sexy lately and that just shot me down pretty bad. :sick: I'm going to keep working on it until I get a picture that I really like. ;)

I'll post before and after sometime this week. :D

On Sundays we meet with this really great group of folks and take long bike rides. Today I met the head of a huge hospital out here. He gave me his number and said to call him Tuesday, he's gonna hook me up with a doctor he thinks can help me. If the head of a hospital can't find me a doctor, nobody can! Afterwards we went to his home for a barbeque. The most amazingly beautiful honker of a huge home. Huge rock mountain built around the swimming pool, complete with misters, waterfalls that somehow turns into a slide, attached jacuzzi, and a flipping huge flat screen TV built into the rock formation with waterfalls on either side so you can float in the pool and watch TV. No lie. Then a full mini golf course, hammock, etc. To die for. Darcy, it's October and we're still having pool parties. Frying hot outside... you sure you can't make it?

Becky - I would love to see your before and after pictures. You need to post some of your bikes too!

We went riding today too, then came home and jumped in the pool. We ended up in the spa with the bubbles on drinking beer. I thought I might as well finish up what beer I have left as I won't be able to drink it in a few weeks. lol My husband drinks a different brand than I do, so I couldn't just let it go to waste now could I?;):)

Becky, what were you going to school for? Maybe some of your problems was just a lot of stress. Do you feel any better since you dropped out?

I am taking Spanish classes, I want to become fluent. I have been teaching English for 7 years in high school and want to go back to teaching English as a Second Language or maybe a bilingual elementary class. Since hubby is a disabled vet, the VA will pay for my schooling. I figure this is my only chance to do it! I've wanted to be able to speak Spanish for many years. I also don't have to work full-time anymore, so I can go back to teaching what I prefer. (I enjoyed much of my high school teaching, but the last school I was in was a crusher!)

I dropped out last Wed. before going to SF. I couldn't afford 2 more days off. I feel less stressed, for sure. I'm waiting to see how the pain is when I start trying to eat more.

I'll post a pic of my bike (w/o me, since it's not here, probably) and me and hubby with his bike and the before and afters. Can't say when I will get it done. We go back to SF on Tuesday. DH ends up having 3 dr. appts. this month. Now that I'm not in school I can go with him.

Becky - I will look forward to seeing them. I have always wanted to learn spanish, but the slang spanish, the street one. I went college 17 years after I graduated high school, and it was really tough. Things had changed so much that I had to get some grade school books just to understand what they were talking about! lol I am glad I went back, it was the best thing I ever did for myself. It was really hard, but I studied all the time and ended up on the dean's list. The good thing about it is, I ended up doing work that I went to school for, so it has really paid off.

High school must be hard to teach, kids that age must be hard to control. My neighbor is a teacher, but she teaches 1st grade. She said she couldn't do the older kids.

Y yo, tu. Por que yo hablo Espanol muy rapido que yo entiendo.

Ole'!

It's quiet around here today. Everybody must be having a fun weekend. Haven't seen Donali around, which must mean she's really enjoying her honey-bunny.

Mmmm... beer. I agree Betty, drink up!

Beer... hmmm... I miss that stuff from time to time... heck... the times I've had alcohol since my banding could be counted on one hand. I've thought about going back to school for my RN... but the truth of the matter is this... after all of these years working in healthcare... I just don't want to anymore. I wish I could figure out something that would allow me to use the expereince I have without going back into healthcare.

Becky... looking forward to those pics! I like your new avatar. ;)

I'm not getting emailed with new posts anymore! I went and checks my preferences and it is still set to be notified of new postings... is anybody else having this problem????

I'll be calling the doc as soon as the office opens... I'll let y'all know what happens. I was up most of the night with the cramping knot in my stomach... eating used to help but know it just makes it worse... you'd think I'd quit eating... but nope.

Have a good week everyone...