Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Challenge

Hey Teresa... that's a great weight-loss!!!! WTG!

Hi Betty... Well... the fill is going so well that I am starting to wonder if I will really need the one that is scheduled mid October. THe restriction really kicked in over the last two weeks and I am struggling to listen to the less obvious signs that I am full... I'm learning. THe pain that I get with the one little bite too many is enough to teach this old dog new tricks! I eat VEWY VEWY carefully. :D Thanks for asking! Now... go get those B-Day spankings!

Darcy

Well Sweets... if you click on "lapband forums" scroll down to the bottom of the page... and the B-days for that day are listed by user name. :D Sometimes I forget to look though... so if I miss anybody's special day I hope I'll be forgiven. :D

Well... I will wish everyone a happy weekend! Everybody that is going to Vegas must be getting pretty excited with the date coming up so soon! I wish I could go! Anyhoo... perhaps next year.

My hubby and I have walked the 2.5 mile outing every night this week. We are going to a Brewer's game in Milwaukee tonight... so this will be our night off. We'll be heading up for an overnighter at the shack again this weekend... soon the weather will be too cold so we are getting our time in while we can! I know I won't sleep while we're there... heck... I hardly sleep here at home... so I should be pretty tired out by the time we get home. I've been a good girl about not getting on the scale even though I had intended to do so... guess the once weekly thing has really become a habit. I'm making little goals for myself as the big one seems bigger than life.... it's easier if I set a new small goal after every weigh-in.

Anyhoo... take care everyone... ((((hugs))))

Lisa... You can also click on the calendar link... that will give you everybody's B-day... like... YOURS. :D Lisa's B-day is comin... Lisa's B-Day is comin!

Darcy

Darcy - You sound like you have a good system. It is nice to have a partner to do things with you. Have fun at the game, and at the cabin.

Lisa - Thanks! My DH took me out to dinner and a few too many beers, but since I don't drink too much anyway it was a cheap one for him. :D

Betty

Lisa... no more B-Days... hmmmm... well I think that you look pretty darn youthful and should keep having them if for no other reason than to hear... Damn girl... you don't look a day over 30!

So... here we are... checking in for another week... and I am pretty darn glad to have a place to do that! I have really been struggling with desire to have faster weight-loss and head hunger that overshadows that desire. I do well during the week... the weekends seem to be a whole different story. I think the only reason I am losing weight at all is due to sticking with the exercise. I have a fill scheduled in less than 2 weeks and don't really know that I need one... I feel like I am restricted but there are time that I feel I can eat too much. I guess if I am honest wth myself... it is not that I'm eating big quantities... it's more snacking on carbs than I should. I lost 1.5 lbs this week which brings my monthly total to 5 lbs. That's not up to snuff with the hopes that I had but hopefully I will learn to work as hard on cutting carbs as I have with the exercise from now on. If not... at least the numbers are going down instead of up!

Have a good week everybody!

Darcy

I disagree. To me, five pounds a month is fantabalistic. Think about how much five pounds is. That's a bag of potatoes, or 20 sticks of butter. In 30 days? Sounds amazing to me.

OK pretty bummed right now. I just weighed myself this morning. I am up 1 lb. Back to 250lbs. UGH!!!!

I am not at all surprised that I gained a lb. I did not eat band friendly while I was in Nashville and Kentucky for the funeral and Mom's tests. I was very very very bad. Binging alot. Late night eating in the hotel room. Bad Penni Bad Penni!!!

OK now that I am back home I can concentrate on losing that lb and lots more. I have to call the doc and see if he can squeeze me in this week or next for an appointment. Hopefully he can. HOORAY!! I just called him and I have an appointment on the 30th this THursday.

So Lisa I will at least lose that one lb and maybe 2 or 3 more before the BASH. I think it is a safe bet that you will most certainly WIN this thing. So, what you want?

Hey Penni, I mean, Mom, :)

Are you sure you aren't just letting Lisa win 'cause she's just a kid? Don't give up so easy.....Boy, I love this race! :laugh

And don't you give up, either, Lisa. What would we do for entertainment without you two. :D

I ain't giving up but I am admitting defeat here. LOL!!!

Hey now Miss Becca Lee! Just because I'm having my 42nd birthday dinner at Chuckie cheese with all my neighbor kids doesn't make me one. I'm not a kid. I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, but if I don't win I'm never coming out of my room!

Actually, Penni, it sucks that you binged... but did you really eat too much, or just the wrong stuff? I'd rather eat the wrong stuff than too much. Every time I see a pound go away I tend to binge. Today I was good, and I had no intentions of being bad for dinner, but then Chris cooked, and it was just too damn yummy. He fried an entire chicken in garlic and olive oil, baked potatoes stuffed with butter & soft cheese, plus corn. Throwing away half my potato still has my head freaking out - it's right there in the garbage, and it's really mad at me. But for a banded person, half a large baked tato, cheese, 2 chicken wings plus corn is too much. My belly is filled.

Penni, good to have you back. It's weird around here without you.

So, now let's talk about me some more - HAHAHAH. Don't throw your shoe at me!

Chris gave me presents early because he won't see me in the morning, and it only took him 13 years to figure out the true meaning of giving. I told him not to spend much, so he got me beautiful leather gloves, biker goggles and 2 charms for my charm bracelett. But that's not the good part - he snuck over to Harley and picked up my jacket that I didn't know was in yet. That's the kinda gift I like, the one where he goes out of his way to do a nice thing for me. So he made me put all this black leather on, and I look like James Bond. I feel ridiculous, be he's all excited that he finally has a biker wife. I finally made it to the "surrender" stage, so I put on my new goggles and gloves and hit the streets. I went farther today and got involved in more traffic. And I even went to Bab's and took her for a ride to the corner and back since she only weighs 80 pounds soaking wet. She was so excited. It's all so funny. I go from being fat polyester girl to big bad looking biker broad overnight. I'm actually embarrassed riding that thing around - I feel so flipping stupid in all my Barbie Biker gear! But it's kinda fun, I suppose.

That is so cool, Lisa. :) You'll get used to the biker gear and not feel so conspicuous. It does feel a bit strange at first. I bet you look really hot!

Happy Happy B-Day!

I always had crappy birthdays till last year. Then I decided I didn't want any more bad ones, so last year I planned my own party. No lie! It was a blast. This year same thing - Chuckie cheese pizza. Far out!