Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Challenge

Good Morning Betty,

I am doing better each day. ;) I am sitting here at 11:05 (shame on me) eating an egg. And very happy doing it, too. I still have ocassional pains and the sore spot in my esophagus is still there and sometimes causes swallowing discomfort. It is so much better, though, that I think it will either heal up or I can just live with it. Yeah! Throat drops are helping a lot. My appetite is getting closer to normal now, so I'm not thinking about food -- or lack of it -- all the time.

How's your wait going? Do you just have one pre-op appt. left?

It helped me to have a trip planned right before surgery. We went with a group of bikers to Yosemite over Memorial Day and got back 2 days before surgery. I didn't have too much time to get antsy or think about it.

Hi Becky -

I am glad you are getting better and able to eat a little more. Hopefully it will all be good from now on. If not, we will have to send you up there with Darcy for a 23 hour thingy! lol

As far as I know I go Tuesday and get all the instructions and pay everything of course (that is probably what the whole visit is for) and then on Monday I will have my surgery.

I am very antsy, I just want to get the whole thing over with. I wish I could take a trip so I could forget it. I know it will be here before I know it, I am just ready!;) I think about it all the time, and I read everything I can on it. I have gotten everything I need for afterwards (I hope) so I am about as ready as I can get.

My husband comes home once in a while with some news he heard, like yesterday he said I heard on the radio today that 1 in 50 people are dying with WLS. I told him that was "the bad one" not the one I am having. I guess he must be thinking about it too. lol

Thanks for thinking about me!

My DH had his reservations and worries about the surgery. He also worried about the cost. I even think he felt a bit insecure about the changes our relationship would undergo, too. He talked about having the surgery, too, but he can't due to his own health concerns.

With lots of reassurance, he is doing fine post-surgery. :) He waits as anxiously as I do for my weigh-in day and wants an immediate report. He is very pleased with my progress. And this is NOT because he was unhappy about my weight; he has NEVER said anything derrogatory about my weight. I think he might be looking for a good return for the investment. ;)

I have been careful to make him feel loved and attractive. I did start noticing how fast he eats and how much, so I had to adjust my attitude. I knew ahead of time that this is normal and was able to deal with it.

I'm sure we will have more adjustments in the future, but a little extra awareness and thoughtfulness go a long way toward making it a smooth transition.

Geez....guess that's been on my mind for a while... :rolleyes

Becky - That's funny, my DH eats fast and eats a lot too, only he is thin except for his beer belly:D

My DH has never said a word about my weight either, but I know he would be proud if I lost too. He will be very supportive. When I quit smoking back in 1992, if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have made it. We talk about it a lot, I know he is worried too, he doesn't want anything to happen to me either.

He is worried about what will he eat while I am not able to cook the big meals:D ;):) He use to cook before we met, but hasn't for a long time. I laughed and told him I would fix some stuff before I go and he would just have to warm it up:D I think he is VERY spoiled.:D

You guys really are awesome... I seriously would have draged each and every one of you with me. Lisa... do get all hip about the service with a smile stuff... I didn't squeak... so no oil for me!

Well... started off the trip by barfing at quick trip after calling the surgeon and begging him to do the testing on an outpatient basis.... hmmm... begging and tears did not work... so barfing followed. After I was admitted... Dr. CHua and Dr. Valledares stopped by for a friendly game of find Darc's port and suck it dry! They scheduled me for a CAT scan which occured at 1 am... ordered valium and Ambien (God Bless Them)... and hit the road. THis morning ... CAT scan normal... still NPO... Dr. V says our next ride will be the endoscopy... said... you won't remember a thing. WRONG... I remember gagging my ass off and huge amounts of air belching around the scope... remember thinking... OKAY... THIS SUCKS. I wasn't groggy after either... perky as a little puppy.

THe end result... The endoscopy shows gastritis... he took a biopsy of the inflammed areas , will call me with the results and sent me home with Nexium and Reglan. I may have to go on an antibiotic too...depending on the biopsy results.

I am just glad that the potential problem has been found and I am even glad that my band is empty. I just want a few weeks to feel normal and get back to walking and enjoying life before they try to put another fill in. Oh... out of the 2cc's put into my band.. only 1cc came out????

Love you guys... I swear... would have gone right over the edge without you! I'm exhausted... gonna go curl up in my sweet bed and hug my sweet pillows... heaven.

Darcy

Darcy..

I'm so glad you got some answers and are on the road ro recovery. It had to have put your mind at ease that nothing was wrong with your band. Get your rest and feel better soon

(((hugs)))

So happy to hear you are home and the problem has been found. Now, we just have to get you well!:D

I know you are worn out, good to see you going to bed and getting some rest.

Maybe tomorrow you will be much better.

Hugs!

I am so thankful that they found out the culprit. Now take it easy and get some much needed rest and take care of yourself. You know nurses make the worst patients. LOL!!!

Darcy, that's a relief (I think.) Are these meds supposed to cure gastritis, or just help with the symptoms. Is this gastritis thing going to be a chronic condition, or will it pass? And where's Waldo? I mean, what's their explanation for only locating 1 cc of your fill? Where did the rest go? Did their ears perk up like you might have a leak? I'm not even a doctor, but that was my first thought... hmm, wonder where the 1cc is... her painful abdomen?

Sounds like you had a hellofa time. I've been home getting my house perfect for the party - so I'm doing some barfing myself. I've been working for 5 hours straight yet the only thing I can see that's done is the onions are chopped for the salsa. The clothing exchange seems a little out of hand - clothes everywhere! I'm going to sort them in pants, tops, jackets, dresses and shorts, shred the cheese for Saturday, and then hit the hay. I have 5 peeps to pick up at the airport in the morn.

Beca, I'm not so sure why you think eating one egg is so bad... did it feel good once it settled? Are you all better now?

Me and my wound are signing off. I can't believe I still have it, cuz I thought for sure once the bash came around there'd be nothing left but a scar to talk about. Darcy, sorry you're missing the grossness of it, but I did save you a picture.

xoxo

Miss Darcy -

How are you this morning? Has it helped by having the fill removed? Has some of the pain subsided? I hope you heal up fast:D

Please keep us posted:D

Hiya,

Well Miss Lisa... I wondered about that 1 missing cc myself... Dr. Chua said it could have leaked out of the port when Deb was doing my fill and Dr, Valledares said they are not always able to extract all that they put in? Anyhoo... hope there is nothing left in it because my stomach really seems to need a break. As far as the gastritis... he wants me to take the gastric meds for now to hopefully decrease the symptoms... not sure if he intends for me to take them longterm or not. I may not have to take them at all if it turns out that the bacteria is present that causes ulcers. We'll see what the biopsy has to say. I bet your house is going to be shining and pretty for everyone! Have a wonderful weekend.

Miss Betty... I'm still having the pain but that stands to reason... the problem is still there. Hopefully the meds and the lack of a fill will kick in soon. I think it's the Reglan that is giving me yucky ole diarrhea... should be a good weight-loss week...lol.

Penni... I really was just a nervous wreck patient... I hate knowing what they are going to do next! I'll have to be in a straight jacket if they ever hope to admit me again!

TIme for the Not going to Vegas Pity Party Girls!

Darcy

I was just hoping when they took out your fill that the pain would be a little less for you. How long will it take to find out the results?

Yup, time for the pity party to begin. We need to all do something special for ourselves today:D I don't know what though, nothing could be quite as special as a trip to Vegas to meet all our buddies:D