Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2012 Members Post Op

Crstal, A light weight? Interesting... You and I have almost the same stats. Very interesting but good to know. And yes, I would be screaming. Hang in there!! It will come off.

:-)

I am post op day #3 . Still feeling tires and sore but better as each day passes

. Just got my fitter shower and it was wonderful !!

Crstal' date=' A light weight? Interesting... You and I have almost the same stats. Very interesting but good to know. And yes, I would be screaming. Hang in there!! It will come off.

:-)[/quote']

I know that's what they call me lol I find it funny. I'm 5 7 started at 277 what do they call heavy weight lol geezzz. I know I'm well over weight so lol

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Hi Post op family! I'm hanging in here at 2 days post op. my pouch doesn't like the Celebrate chewables. :(

Hi Post op family! I'm hanging in here at 2 days post op. my pouch doesn't like the Celebrate chewables. :(

Picky pouch already. How you feeling and welcome to November post op on the bench. Whoop whoop

Thanks girl! I have this metallic taste in my mouth.... Ever heard of that?

Thanks girl! I have this metallic taste in my mouth.... Ever heard of that?

Heard of it but never had it . It goes away

I am finding this site very helpful. I am 3 days out and can relate to soooo many people here. I get blank stares when I tell my family my issues, but they shouldn't know. It's great to turn here and read about 'me' in a way. Thanks everyone!

How is everyone doing? Is everyone on Fluid diet after surgery? I am for 2 weeks. Losing weight at 2-3 pounds per day!

My dr started me on puréed foods with no lumps no clumps and I'm still in the hospital anyone else on puréed ?

I am finding this site very helpful. I am 3 days out and can relate to soooo many people here. I get blank stares when I tell my family my issues' date=' but they shouldn't know. It's great to turn here and read about 'me' in a way. Thanks everyone![/quote']

Same here gotta love the fellow LOSERS <3

Much like I figured, last night was my first night home post op, and my kids and dogs were glued to me LOL I cannot tell you how grateful I am for my MIL. Here is a woman who had a massive stroke 7 years ago, lost use of her right arm, diminished vision in right eye, slow walking, etc. And since the birth of our first daughter in June 2006, she has come so far. She drives again, changes diapers, is completely independent again. So she helped take care of my 3 girls while I was in hospital and my husband worked 3rd shift. Even last night when I absolutely could've brought my girls home, she kept my older 2 and let me steal away the baby LOL Oh and did I mention she handled my 2 large dogs too?! She has been my angel thru this and I am even more in debt to her for this :-)

So, naturally the baby(21m) wants Mama to hold her and play on her lap, yeah, thats not happening yet LOL So I managed to distract her with shiny objects and keep her off my belly LOL. Last night, I don't think my dogs could've gotten any closer to me unless they dove into my pocket LOL Makes me feel good that I was missed.

Baby got up at 6am wanting Breakfast, so I make the trek into the kitchen, got her fed and took my meds. So far have had a popsicle, Not that I'm not hungry, but the pain meds make me so sleepy. I'm fighting them just to type this.

How's everyone doing? Has it sunk in yet, what we have done? It hasn't for me. Although when they weighed me at hospital Thursday, I was 2lbs lighter than I was on my last weigh in Nov 2nd. Not bad since I did not have a pre-op diet.

Sorry, I'm rambling and I don't know why.

Sounds like a great support system ladyspl. My dad flew in from NY to help and my hubby used some leave time to stay in hospital with me. It hasn't sunken in too much yet. Still feels a bit unreal. When I go back to work and life is back on schedule so to speak it will probably hit like ton of bricks. In a good way though. Just more prepping of my nutrition and fitting in the excercise. Enjoy your time off and use it to recover. Don't rush anything.

Lady seems like your doing great I feel about the same as you the drugs

Do make me pritty sleepy so glad for all the shared experience. Fast healing to all!

Hi everyone! I just found this place on my iPhone, and I can't tell you how happy I am all of you guys are here! I'm a November post-op too! Nov 5th, so I'm 12 days out and I think about 12 pounds down from surgery and 28 pounds down from my liquid diet, I think I'm going go be a slow dropper too, started at 256 but I'm 5'1, and I've had a lot of medical issues in my life preventing weight loss, so I'm pretty excited to see the scale move in the other direction now! Water and Protein Shakes and egg drop Soup (post-op diet for 21 days) has gone down really easy, and I'm walking about 4 miles a day (one mile every four hours) I can't think of anything else, but I'm so glad I'm here! :D

Amanda welcome!! Glad to hear you are doing well!!