Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rapid Weight Loss The First Weeks?

Hi Hiya. Just wondering How rapid the weight loss was for you in the first cpl of weeks? I weighed myself on.Friday, 7 days post op and was thrilled with an 11lb loss, weighed myself again today , 11 days post op.. and I've lost Nothin since Friday. I'm a bit freaked out by that, was expecting a loss. I'm now thinking I'm gonna be one of those ppl who doesn't lose anything much after RNY. Feel like crying

I'm feeling your pain im 4 weeks post op and hit a wall. Some say I'm not getting enough calories in I'm in starvation mode I up my cals and up my work outs still nothing.

Maybe my scale is broke. Maybe it just does not want me to stand on it anymore .

Will have to talk to doctor about this

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

Me too!! I lost 9 pounds the first week. I am now three weeks and nothing!! Except the one pound I was up yesterday....ug....I seen my nutritionist last night at a support meeting and she said to stop stressing about it. Even though the scale isn't moving, I am noticing a big change in my cloths. I went shopping and the smaller sizes I fit into did lift my spirits!!

Stop worrying. As long as you do the rght thing, it will come off. I stopped weighing myself all the time and only once per week to avoid the stress! Dont stress yourself out, please!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

That's the funny part is I can see the change my body is going though. Lose skin on my arms, the belly is not hanging over so much my skin has wrinkles in spots. My son says now he can reach all the way around me now, and my wife tells me she see the change to. I now it will come off just want it to be faster and it will in time I didn't get this way over night

That's the funny part is I can see the change my body is going though. Lose skin on my arms' date=' the belly is not hanging over so much my skin has wrinkles in spots. My son says now he can reach all the way around me now, and my wife tells me she see the change to. I now it will come off just want it to be faster and it will in time I didn't get this way over night[/quote']

My stall JUST broke. I was at the same weight for about a 3-6 wks. But my clothes were getting bigger. I increased my Protein and calories and stopped weighing. I weighed this morning and 10lbs were gone. Don't worry, it will come off.

thanks for all the replies. I feel a bit better after reading them. I DID have a bit of a cry today. I paid for this operation myself and was thinking today that it was all for nothing!!! :/ but as I said, feeling a little better. have been promising myself NOT to weigh in until Friday but I just couldnt help it. will have to try harder. I have struggles for so long with my weight and was so looking forward to seeing the scales actually move DOWN..... Have to just keep going, I have no choice now :)

Some times when you lose so rapidly your body needs time to catch up. So just because the pounds are not coming off does not mean that the inches are not. The scale is just a number. Go by the way your clothes are feeling and how your body is feeling. I know how much seeing a number helps I was addicted to the scale and would get so discouraged if I didn't see a change in numbers. Finally I had a mental breakdown and now try to only weigh myself once or twice a week because I was going insane. You will do great just do what your suppose to and it will all work out.

Surgery date

08/01/12

thats the thing jennamommy, I dont think my clothes feel any different BUT its very early days yet. I am prob just being very impatient hehe. just cant wait to slip into a nice pair of diesel jeans!! hehe

thats the thing jennamommy' date=' I dont think my clothes feel any different BUT its very early days yet. I am prob just being very impatient hehe. just cant wait to slip into a nice pair of diesel jeans!! hehe[/quote']

I wasn't feeling any difference either and with in the last week all of a sudden my clothes are falling of me. I am down 20 pounds as of this morning. I feel like it happened over night. But remember this surgery isn't magic it's not going to take things off of you over night. It takes time and discipline. You will start seeing results and be so satisfied. Set a goal for 3 months 6 months and a year. Did you get pre ip pics and take your measuents? If so go back look at them see where you are now and at your goals keep one outfit that was from the old you and every month try those clothes on and see how they feel. I bet by month 3 and 6 you will feel amazing when you put them on. Just be patient you did the right thing. Your going to love the new you.

It's really unfortunate but I think folks often read well intentioned but misleading weight loss stories and develop unrealistic expectations as a result. The truth is that the fact that your weight loss is different from mine means absolutely nothing. Absolutely. Nothing. We are all unique. There are countless variables. A one size fits all simply does not exist. Stay focused on following the protocol, stay active once your doctor clears you for exercise, and stay away from the scales for a week at least, two would be even better. Your body is going through a lot of healing. And a lot of changes. Give it a chance to find its own way, in its own time. Trust the process. You're gonna love the new you!!

thank you DLCoggin. your reply made a lot of sense to me. of course I know deep down that we are all different and that I shouldnt compare.. but its hard.

Yes my body is healing and is prob trying to figure out what has happened.. hehe. I am doing what I am supposed to be doing to the best of my knowledge.. and yes I will love the new me! just cant wait for it! :)

I agree with everyone on here. I went through a 3 week stall in my second month and it drove me bonkers and got all the same advice you are getting. One thing I was told was to measure myself with a tape measure. I did that on every measurement I could possibly do and I am grateful I did. Because generally it seems when I am stalled again I am losing inches somewhere on my body. Not just waist or hips but sometimes they stay steady but my bust or arms are losing it. This measuring once a week has helped me to focus on another change not so obvious to see. Also your body has been traumatized and it is not surprising that it needs to take a break every once in awhile. Be patient and as long as you do the plan and stick with it (Protein, Water,Vitamins, enough calories, sleep and exercise) there will be no way at this stage in your process for you not to lose weight.

Best of luck and be patient and loving with yourself you deserve it!! Stop being so critical of you and your progress, dang it, you are awesome!!