Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prayers/good thoughts for a friend

I just got a call from my best friend, I've know her since we were 16. 27 years now. Her mother died this morning. She'd been sick for a while with lung problems, went into the hospital on Monday. Yesterday she was doing a little better, but took a bad turn. My friend lost her father about 10 years ago and we've talked a bit about being an "orphan" even as adults.

It hasn't yet hit me that I've lost someone I loved, I've been focusing on how my friend and her family are. It will soon I know.

Oh, Lisa, I'm so sorry. It is hard to be an orphan, even as an adult. I lost my father when I was 33 and my mother when I was 36, and even at that age it's still earth-shaking.

I hope you, your friend and her family find peace and strength in this difficult time.

Oh, Lisa, I'm so sorry. It is hard to be an orphan, even as an adult. I lost my father when I was 33 and my mother when I was 36, and even at that age it's still earth-shaking.

I hope you, your friend and her family find peace and strength in this difficult time.

Thank you!

I just saw this, Lisa. You and your friend have my condolences.

I've often wondered what it will be like to be parent-less. Mine are both still alive, in their late "70's and both with health problems.

I am so sorry. I lost my Dad about 8 yrs ago and my Mom about 5 yrs ago. I DO feel kinda like I am left alone in the world. The worst thing I have went thru was when I lost my 43yr old sister 10yrs ago to lung cancer. I still miss her every day. Take care.

I am so sorry, for you and for your friend. This hit close to home---today was the funeral of a lifelong friend. He was 47, left behind a wife and 3 sons...I can still see his smile, and feel his hugs. When it hits, allow yourself to be sad for awhile--it will feel better to let it out, then pick up and go on. Keeping it all in is not healthy.

((((big hugs to you and your friend)))

Kat

Thanks! The service was Saturday, and it was as good as such things can be. The pastor who did the service had known her for a long time, and it was very personal.

I have only just seen this thread and so my comments are a little late. My mother died two years ago and this is when I became an orphan. It is a strange state to find oneself in and a painful one, too. My condolences to your friend and to you, Lisah.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches