Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plx Help, Tricare Requesting More Documentation

40yr, 5'6 238 I have oa, but none of the major co morbidly needed. I have been on every diet you can think of. However I just moved here with my husband from Arizona to south Carolina. Via the air force I did not think to save any records of what I did back there like weight watchers etc... My pcp here has referred me for bypass and now tricare is requesting more documentation of weight manged tries of losing weight... My thought is this is really stupid. Do they really think I would be picking something so invasive if I hadn't already tried and failed at everything else! My gosh I could lost my life on the table having surgery.. Ive been in the medical field for 6 yrs I see what goes on in there. I didn't think they were going to turn around and want proof. Does anyone know if a letter from my pcp is going to good enough for tricare or are they going to force to to join weight watchers, note how do they want me to pay for it with no job? We just moved to shaw afb. Anyone with answers would really help..thank u I just want to get this done so Icahn get this weight off before I end up with htn, type 2 diab, or sleep apnea...

Call some of doctor's, weight clinic's, or any other program you may have attended for the last five years and ask for any records or a letter explaining the program... INCLUDED in the letter---dates, begining weight, and end weight and what type of weight program). Then YOU write them letter with a COMPLETE year by year - program by program break down.

Hope this helps- Good luck!!!

definitely call around to try to get the documentation that they need. I have state health insurance (Vermont) and my doctor just wrote down what I've tried for weight loss and they were okay with that because it was written down by my doctor. Weight Watcher's should still have your documents. I know when I was going to Curve For Women that they keep all documents for 7 years. Good luck :)

I have tri care to and you might want to call medical from your late duty station and see if they can fax all of your records to your new duty station

Thank u all for your replys..as far as my last duty station this is the 1st base I have every lived on and the 1st time I have ever been w/o a job and only with tricare insurance. I have always had a ft job and my own insurance. I have chosen surgery for weight lose because I have such severe OA in my knees they want to replace them so it makes it very hard for me to cntinue doing the things I enjoy like kickboxing, rollerderby and crossfit.. my excerise is pretty muxh walking and a small amount of skating... I can't swim as the chloring make me brake out... :( no salk watedr pool in Sumter,SC. I will continue to press on.. and I'm greatful for everyone replys.. god bless you.. namaste!!!

Plz see my reply :)

definitely call around to try to get the documentation that they need. I have state health insurance (Vermont) and my doctor just wrote down what I've tried for weight loss and they were okay with that because it was written down by my doctor. Weight Watcher's should still have your documents. I know when I was going to Curve For Women that they keep all documents for 7 years. Good luck :)

Agreed. My doc just had to document how many diets I did and how much i lost with each. I included things like taking phentermine or slim fast. Like medifast etc. you could just get a copy of receipts or something like an account summary from curves an ww.

Hi everyone went to my pcp yesterday and he said he would write what ever I need in a letter regarding weight loss programs. So I will pick up the letter in 24hrs. Hopefully that will be all they need, on top of the fact he has had me on a cal res, diet for the past 6months. N my weight loss has not moved. So my fingers r crossed!!!!

Yay! Good luck!!

Tricare did the same thing to me. I ended up having to go to my pcp every month for 6 months. Pcp did a weight check, took a food diary, exercise log, list of symptoms etc.. & prescribed phentermine. All tricare wants is proof of failed weight loss attempts. So, I didn't take phentermine. I've taken it before and lost 30 lbs. Which I immediately gained back. The 6 month delay was a pain but as soon as they got that documentation they approved it immediately.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using RNYTalk

Update....letters submitted now tricare wants a date for surgery. Which I found weird . So it is pending approval. My dr gave the date od 9/10/2012. Which is the one yr anniversary of the death of my aunt,in which she killed herself, note we are very superstitious and since then my youngest uncle died and my cousin all under the age of 50. This has happened in the last 11months, if something was to happen to me I would be number 4 which means death in Japanese . Maybe I am thinking to hard about this and freaking myself out,but my family blames all the misfortune on my aunt and the fac she has set forth the. Demon of death.. So I'm kind of scared on the omen side of thing... But so excited if they approve it..maybe the dr can move the day to 9 /12/2012... I'm sure you guys are all reading this laughing but it is a real concern when your whole family is bury love ones all the time this 2012 and it has only been 11 months and their all n fighting about it .i just hope everything works out..

My surgery date is September 10 too! I'm sure your doctor would postpone it for you though. Our bodies don't heal as well when we are stressed, so if this date stresses you out, it's better to move it. Good luck and let us know how it goes with your insurance!

Approved !!!!!!! Tears roll down my face as I type this out of joy!!!!! The paperwork says approved so it is really going to happen... I am so happy. Now the fun yet sad thing is my hubby will not be here. He will be tdy overseas about 2 weeks after surgery and rtn 8months after my surgery. So he will come home to a thinner wife. Won't that be a shocker!!!!

Approved !!!!!!! Tears roll down my face as I type this out of joy!!!!! The paperwork says approved so it is really going to happen... I am so happy. Now the fun yet sad thing is my hubby will not be here. He will be tdy overseas about 2 weeks after surgery and rtn 8months after my surgery. So he will come home to a thinner wife. Won't that be a shocker!!!!

Congrats!! Such an awesome feeling isn't it? So is your surgery still going to be on September 10?

Congrats!! Such an awesome feeling isn't it? So is your surgery still going to be on September 10?

I am not sure, I have to call the dr in the am to sch the pre op appt. you surgery is sch for 9/10/2012 right? I bet you are so excited!!! it would be kinda of cool to have surgery around the same time so I would have someone to talk to about it..as you read, my s/o will be deployed for the major part of my weightloss amd healing. I have been so busy talking about myself... thati do thank you for relpying to my messages,, and I wish you the best on your surgery!!!