Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pennsylvania Anyone?

For my original surgery I went to Dr.Patel who is now at Cooper in NJ, with him I was in the hospital almost a week, then on short term for two weeks after. I had to convince him I was okay to go back early, but I have a desk job. What kind of work does ur husband do? If it a physical laboring job, he may not be able to go right back. Or he could hit himself or slow done healing.

For my original surgery I went to Dr.Patel who is now at Cooper in NJ' date=' with him I was in the hospital almost a week, then on short term for two weeks after. I had to convince him I was okay to go back early, but I have a desk job. What kind of work does ur husband do? If it a physical laboring job, he may not be able to go right back. Or he could hit himself or slow done healing.[/quote']

He drives for the port authority. He will need 2-3 minimum. No pain killers allowed etc. No breaks for 8 hours and no restroom breaks. Hydration will be tricky. He's ready watching me but. It's the pre op we are worried about.

He can not take a few hours for an apt. They have to take a whole day off. It's first come first serve for days off so schedualing is near impossible. He leaves at 4 am and gets home at 6 daily. It's a long day. Out pcp has one day a week they do evenings so I have that worked out.

We tried him last year and after 3 months of missed apts with our surgen he was put off the list. He simply couldn't get the days off :'(

His job is our only road block.

You might want to look at Magee Bariatric. I know most men don't think about going but there were several at my visits. They required one class per month which were held in the evenings and took no more than an hour. I only had two pre-op visits and my post op are one week, one month, three month, six month and one year. They are all scheduled for you ahead of time so requesting my days off is already in place through next year.

You might want to look at Magee Bariatric. I know most men don't think about going but there were several at my visits. They required one class per month which were held in the evenings and took no more than an hour. I only had two pre-op visits and my post op are one week' date=' one month, three month, six month and one year. They are all scheduled for you ahead of time so requesting my days off is already in place through next year.[/quote']

That sounds wonderful! My girlfriend had her there , two weeks before me. I think they may work.

Hope it works out...they're pretty flexible with you.

Pittsburgh

That sounds wonderful! My girlfriend had her there , two weeks before me. I think they may work.

Yes they are. The Lifestyle classes (weigh in) are till 7 PM and you just have to be there before 6:30 PM for the Thursday session (only once per month). They give you the schedule at your first meeting for the whole time. It is a blessing since I travel for work. He will have to take off to meet with the surgeon but they may have options. Good Luck!!

I live in Carlisle,PA. About 20-30 mins from harrisburg :)

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

From Philly :)

Awwww I'm from Philly too :). Where are u having ur surgery

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

If all goes well I'm having my surgery done at Virtua, in NJ by Dr. Greenbaum.

I live in Murrysville...hoping to have the RNY surgery in a few months!

Pittsburgh bariatric dr Peluso

Me too. When did u have urs? Mine was 8/21

I'm in Allentown

From Erie, but am having Dr Gagne in Pittsburgh perform my surgery November 15th at West Penn. Just had my 5th PCP weigh-in on Thursday. Only have bloodwork, 6th weigh-in and then pre-opt nutritionist appt left til the big day!

Hershey area. Surgery at Osteopathic Hospital in Harrisburg.

Who did your surgery? I went to Dr. Davidson!