Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Guys Are On This App

Sounds like a plan mami!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

What are your stories guys? Why WLS?

Well, I used to be pretty fit. Was a firefighter and enjoyed life. Quit smoking, got far and now I can't seem to get it off. I have never been really thin but I want to be healthy. I have a silly stupi dream, I want to be a flight medic. With my weight, it will never happen. That and I have knee issues so I started looking at options. WLS was on the list. I knew I didn't want the band. I did a bunch of research and wasn't impressed. What I really wanted a sleeve gastrectomy but, insurance won't pay for it so I started looking into bypass. I'm 30 and 309 lbs. time to start livin again I figure.

On a side note I have been going to gym regularly and am noticing some weight loss and muscle increase. I hope to continue it post op and see what I can do!

Really!

No not really! The men need there space and a place to be able to come and talk about men issues without the prying eyes of females....with that being said....

***Puts hands over eyes, turns around and peace***

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

post-8865-13813809768624_thumb.jpg

post-8865-13813809769041_thumb.jpg

No not really! The men need there space and a place to be able to come and talk about men issues without the prying eyes of females....with that being said....

***Puts hands over eyes' date=' turns around and peace***

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

LMFAO

Mami don't encourage that ! Lol

Lolzz

What are your stories guys? Why WLS?

I'm 40 I was in good shape until my 30's when I hurt my back and had surgery and I was suppose to be out of work for 3 to 6 month to fully recover, but being hard headed and on good pain meds I thought I was better after 6 Weeks and went back to work and reinjured my back and had to get surgery again. After that the weight started pilling on. Once I was at about 300 pounds I tried to get bypass, but that was in 2003 and insurance wouldn't cover because the considered it to be cosmetic at that time. Well 9 years and 137 more pounds and becoming disabled because of weight causing DDD in my back medicare paid for my surgery. I choose rny because I think it's the best fit for me because of the amount of weight I need to lose. My pre op weight was 437. By the way I'm Sean and had my surgery on 6/6/12

Sent from my SAMSUNG-NOTE using RNYTalk

Good on you Sean. It's amazing how shortsighted insurance companies can be. I have private medical insurance in the UK and WLS is excluded from the policy, because it is regarded as cosmetic - whatever your weight!!

New guy here! 34 yrs old, married, 2 yr old daughter. Type 2 diabetic, high BP, high cholesterol, high everything. My surgery date is next Tuesday and I'm currently sitting at my preop appointment. My wife is getting the band so we will be doing this together.

Welcome waterman

Glad that you joined this great forum man.

I'm 33 and dating a great girl. diabetic 2, high bp, cholesterol. I'm 7 months post-op. and 220 lbs lost! The women out number the men, no lie. Like 3-1 maybe more. Your absolutely right the men have a lot of catching up to do. Having you and your wife doing this together is incredible. If you have any questions hit me up or start a thread.

Kevin

New guy here! 34 yrs old' date=' married, 2 yr old daughter. Type 2 diabetic, high BP, high cholesterol, high everything. My surgery date is next Tuesday and I'm currently sitting at my preop appointment. My wife is getting the band so we will be doing this together.[/quote']

I heard that a lot of people end up not liking the band because you have to go to get fills and unfills often. I was originally wanting the band too. I also heard that its not very effective at weight loss. I hope she can succeed with the band though, if not she might want a revision where the have to go in and take the band out and do a bypass or another surgery. I wish you both the best. Just my thoughts in case you hadn't heard that before.

im here 45 bmi of 43 diabetes hbp high colesterol want to get fit and healthy have two young kids i would like to be around for ...Vamp i never read the ladies forums or comment hahaha

im here 45 bmi of 43 diabetes hbp high colesterol want to get fit and healthy have two young kids i would like to be around for ...Vamp i never read the ladies forums or comment hahaha

That's vamps borrowed sense of humor! I did that in the women powder room. Lol

She's biting (pun intended) my style.