Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Guys Are On This App

What are the foamies?

It’s white froth coming out of my mouth like I was being poisoned.

On 1/7/2018 at 10:48 AM, NazX said:

Hi everyone, Newbie here, just had op on 3rd Jan. 3 days in hospital I can drink 2l of Water. Went home on day 3. 2l of Water until day 4. Day 5 I had foamies and vomiting even by drinking 100ml. Not sure why this is happening as I was ok for 4 days.

Dang, you brought this thread back from the grave after 3 years without any replies! Just take it slowly, little sips at a time.

Dang, you brought this thread back from the grave after 3 years without any replies! Just take it slowly, little sips at a time.

Hahaha, I was so anxious I didn’t see the last date. Sorry Abt that...anyway problem solved after taking slow sips at a time. Before I was gulping large amount of fluids. But I wonder how do we get the Vitamin pill down with sips?

I am coming off of the worst year of my life in terms of physical health. In 2017 I was hospitalized for a week with diabetic ketoacidosis. It literally took my care team 7 days to get my blood sugar down from the high 800s to the 200s. Then I found I had sleep apnea and needed to adjust to sleeping with a machine. Finally, at peak misery, I attended a weigh loss surgery information session in September of 2017. It took all of self control not to break down in tears during the whole shebang. I came to WLS at the urgence of my primary care and endocrinologist. Traditional diet and exercise had not worked in the past and I realized that attempting to do the same thing and expecting different results is madness. Now in February, I am finally going to do it and maybe make the second half of my life the best years.

I wish you all the best in your journey...let’s go through it together!

1 hour ago, NazX said:

Hahaha, I was so anxious I didn’t see the last date. Sorry Abt that...anyway problem solved after taking slow sips at a time. Before I was gulping large amount of fluids. But I wonder how do we get the Vitamin pill down with sips?

No worries! I'm a few years post-op, so I can help you out. For Vitamin pills, make sure it's a chewable. If you need to, you can break it in half so you don't have to do it all at once. I'm not going to lie, the first few weeks are HARD but it's worth it. Just take it a day at a time and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS! I found out that most of the people complaining about not being able to keep food down and dumping syndrome weren't following the plan. You will eventually find out through trial and error what foods your "new" body likes and doesn't like once you can eat different things. Also be sure to use your cellphone's timer function so you know when to take a drink and can make sure you get enough Fluid during the day.

Edited by Riller

New here. Still pre-op, but I'm ready to get this ball rolling.

What are your stories guys? Why WLS?

I'm kinda new to the forums. I read them a lot but have barely posted anything. My name is Nich, Im 26 years old & I live in California. I just got sleeved a few days ago on January 16th! I've looked into WLS quite a bit over the years but I was always so nervous about the things that could go wrong. This last year my health started to spiral downwards really bad. My weight hit about 426lbs. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, I had flare ups of Gout in my ankles & toes repeatedly for several months, my feet became a huge issue that eventually my doctor took me out of work & put me on temp disability. It seemed to be one health issue after another. I've been big my whole life & its been a never ending battle. Last year I eventually decided that I had to make a change & the best start for me seemed to be surgery!! I'm really looking forward to living a healthier life.

Sent from my LGMS550 using BariatricPal mobile app